BC not necessarily the problem

HANC

Okay....here I go.....I understand that by saying this, I am strapping myself into a hypothetical electric chair and will get barbequed by most on this board......

but hey, I've been there before :)

Personally, I will not have a problem if TO retains BC and Shawn Watson...... Let me finish.. :) I think that BC has finally realized how to use Watson and will only continue to give him more responsibility, if not all of the play calling next season..... If you can take a back-up QB and go on the road to a top 10 team, who is only allowing a little over 6 points a game, and yet score 39 points, offensively...we played fairly well.....

I understand he has made some dumbass decisions this season....but he has consistantly been forced to coach from behind or has handed the defense a lead that they can't keep.....

I would like to see what would happen if a QB (top notch) would have 4-5 years in this system.... he has tried, but had to settle for Daily, Taylor (got better after 2 seasons), and Keller (1 yr).... He has also lost 2 guys Freeman and Beck do to personal issues out of BC's control....

What would Gabbert/Witt/Lee be able to do if they were in this system for a long period of time....

Now, Coz must go, as of 3 weeks ago..... He shouldn't even be on the team bus home....should be a case were Coz and Elmo are co-staring in "Planes-Trains-Automobiles" trying to get back to Lincoln......

I wouldn't lose any sleep if BC and Watson stayed, recruiting class comes back/or stays and we bring in a new O-line coach and totally clean house on the defensive side....

This is not a "coaching search" topic, but has anyone thought about Ken Norton Jr. as a possible D-coordinator (LB coach at USC, I believe).... a lot of name recognition and west coast ties...

Okay, flip the swich to ON, and fry me.....

Okay....here I go.....I understand that by saying this, I am strapping myself into a hypothetical electric chair and will get barbequed by most on this board......

but hey, I've been there before :)

Personally, I will not have a problem if TO retains BC and Shawn Watson...... Let me finish.. :) I think that BC has finally realized how to use Watson and will only continue to give him more responsibility, if not all of the play calling next season..... If you can take a back-up QB and go on the road to a top 10 team, who is only allowing a little over 6 points a game, and yet score 39 points, offensively...we played fairly well.....

I understand he has made some dumbass decisions this season....but he has consistantly been forced to coach from behind or has handed the defense a lead that they can't keep.....

I would like to see what would happen if a QB (top notch) would have 4-5 years in this system.... he has tried, but had to settle for Daily, Taylor (got better after 2 seasons), and Keller (1 yr).... He has also lost 2 guys Freeman and Beck do to personal issues out of BC's control....

What would Gabbert/Witt/Lee be able to do if they were in this system for a long period of time....

Now, Coz must go, as of 3 weeks ago..... He shouldn't even be on the team bus home....should be a case were Coz and Elmo are co-staring in "Planes-Trains-Automobiles" trying to get back to Lincoln......

I wouldn't lose any sleep if BC and Watson stayed, recruiting class comes back/or stays and we bring in a new O-line coach and totally clean house on the defensive side....

This is not a "coaching search" topic, but has anyone thought about Ken Norton Jr. as a possible D-coordinator (LB coach at USC, I believe).... a lot of name recognition and west coast ties...

Okay, flip the swich to ON, and fry me.....

Callahan has a block of wood where his brain should be. No way does he let Watson call the plays.

He hasn't made any changes to his defense.

He doesn't adapt his offense to problems they see during the game.

He doesn't develope the players he recruits. He doesn't know how to coach college kids.

He's OOOOOUUUUUUUUTTTTTTT!

I would have agreed with you earlier this season, but as we go through each game in this season and get kicked in the balls week after week I don't want anybody from this staff retained.

It is obvious he can recruit and many fans are concerned that if BC goes then so does the recruits but he has proven he can't develop, motivate, or gameplan so why keep him around along with Watson.

If he truly cared about this program he would have canned Coz and be damned the friendship.

BC is too much of an egomaniac to ever relinquish play-calling completely. And I don't want him calling any plays in any game of importance.

Furthermore, it's clear that his "attitude" has left its mark on the team, and that's not a good thing. There's a culture about this program that won't go away with the departure of Cosgrove and Elmo.

The fact remains that BC has personally coached the Huskers to the two worst losses in the history of the program. His teams play with no emotion and give less than full effort.

He's a loser, plain and simple, and does NOT deserve another shot.

Fire the bum and keep him the hell away from my team...

This may be the emotion from such a loss coming through...however I think it's fair to say Billy C is not a "coach" of anything. The only real justice would be if he were never allowed to get another coaching job after this. If I were objectively looking at this from the outside I'd almost be convinced he'd be a liability at any coaching position. He almost single-handedly ruined one of the greatest college football programs ever.

I'm sorry, this just doesn't happen to first rate head coaches. Cosgrove is an obvious scapegoat, but Cally's got to shoulder as much of the blame imo. They've dropped five in a row at this point -- How would you feel if that streak ran to seven or, god forbid, into next year? When is enough enough?

This is big time college football and you have to deliver results. Everyone can understand that. He's being paid millions of dollars to ruin NU football. It's not a healthy, or tenable, position for him or the University. Sorry, but it's *clearly* time to clean house.

This may be the emotion from such a loss coming through...however I think it's fair to say Billy C is not a "coach" of anything. The only real justice would be if he were never allowed to get another coaching job after this. If I were objectively looking at this from the outside I'd almost be convinced he'd be a liability at any coaching position. He almost single-handedly ruined one of the greatest college football programs ever.

He is a loser. Look at his track record...