Keep the streaks alive

kramer

How important is it to you that Nebraksa beat Colorado on Friday? I'll be more nervous about this game than any other this season. It's quite simple folks, win to maintain the bowl streak and avoid a losing season. I take a lot of pride in those accomplishments and to see them die against Colorado would be about as bad as it gets. Worse than any other lose this year. I never thought I see those records go up

It is important to me, but it isn't "life and death" IMO. Going to a bowl isn't as prestiged as it used to be. There are TONS of bowls compared to 10-15 years ago so it isn't quite as hard to go anymore.

The posibility of a losing season hurts a little more.

Good point Dave. The value of earning a bowl bid these days isnt quite the same. I imagine we wouldve been shutout back in 2002 if it was like it used to be. And yes losing to CU, AT HOME, to send us home for the holidays with A LOSING RECORD,,, would all suck very very badly. CU doesnt deserve to be that team. Their karma is too low. We WILL prevail!!! GBR

Yeah, when Boise hosts a bowl game on the retina-burner turf, the prestige of bowl games has lost its luster a bit. Losing to CU would be the most painful loss in this program's recent history. Not only would it finish NU's season with a below 500 record, but Gary Barnett is such a scumbag. He is doing his best to cover his butt this season and save his job, but he doesn't deserve the pleasure of doing that to Nebraska. I think the seniors are gonna pull together and kick Barnett in the teeth.

Yeah, when Boise hosts a bowl game on the retina-burner turf, the prestige of bowl games has lost its luster a bit.  Losing to CU would be the most painful loss in this program's recent history.  Not only would it finish NU's season with a below 500 record, but Gary Barnett is such a scumbag.  He is doing his best to cover his butt this season and save his job, but he doesn't deserve the pleasure of doing that to Nebraska.  I think the seniors are gonna pull together and kick Barnett in the teeth.

Bull crap.............bull crap all of you!!!!!!! I want a bowl more than ever this year. prestige or not, it's "un-American" for the Huskers to play there last game in Lincoln. I'll take anything we can get. I don't care... BOWL GAME OR BUST man...

I will root my god damn ass off. Play your asses off boys [mosh pit smiliey]

Bull crap.............bull crap all of you!!!!!!! I want a bowl more than ever this year. prestige or not, it's "un-American" for the Huskers to play there last game in Lincoln. I'll take anything we can get. I don't care... BOWL GAME OR BUST man...

Eric, preach on brother, preach on...

The threat of having our streak of bowl games and winning season streaks ended, really friggin blows. I would be embarrased and I can thank SP for that.

And heaven forbid if we do lose friday, but I want all of you who don't think going to a bowl or having a winning season matters, listen to the commentators, and how much they'll go on about "the huskers turbulent season", or the fact that, "this will be the first season that the huskers haven't been to a bowl game since the dinosaurs have been alive", and remember what Eric said.

Callahan ruined our team? Yeah, okay, then your AD, President, boosters, coaches demolished your team and what little respectability it had left.

This is going to be one of those hit-and-run posters who talk trash before a game, and after their team gets beat, they don't come back to own up to what they said the week before.

And, I'm sorry, but "sod busters" was the best you could come up with? Pretty weak.

I'll admit the AD, President, and District Attorney tried and almost succeed in bring down the program, but nobody has proved that any allegation against the coaching staff is true. Don't forget who put that first nail in NU's coffin either. 62-36.

Both of you suckers got good points. Buffs, I like you, I like you a lot. I think CU busted us up pretty good that day. But let's not forget a couple years ago hhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......Halloween Night...............Boulder, CO................the Huskers stampeded across the Plains.............to destroy CU...52-7...in something deemed the Halloween massacre

At least our ass kicking came on the road :)

Fighting over this is futile, but lets take a good look at each program and break it down. CU had its program going great in the 90's just like Nebraska did. The coach retires, and the AD replaces him with Neuheisel. Neuheisel tries to bring in the WCO, and basically destroyed the program leaving violations with him. Barnett is brought in to rebuild the program, but I'm just not sure he has the ability to get it done. Just remember every NU fan, our beloved T.O. damn near went and made CU his program!

NU had its program going full steam in the 90's winning 3 NC. The coach retires, but unlike CU the coach names his replacement. The replacement struggles the first year, but then plays for and loses a NC a few years later. AD decides to move on, and a new AD or should I say "program killer" is hired. AD wants his guy, so he fires coach. AD brings in an unsuccessful coach from the NFL to implement WCO. Now, NU is on the brink of its first losing season in forever, no bowl game, etc.

If you ask me, the programs are very comparable. I realize CU doesn't have as many NC as NU, but look at how these programs seem to be following the same path. The only difference I can see is that CU hired its Neuheisel first while NU just hired their Neuheisel.

Keep in mind that it is far too early to compare BC to Neuheisel, but they do tend to coach a lot alike. I agree with what a poster said either in this thread or another about BC's inability to get the best out of the players. Maybe these players played above their potential last year, but hey the coaches got them to do it. The players this year are playing beneath their potential. If a coach can't motivate a team to win, it really doesn't matter if he has superior talent. Name one program other than Miami that hasn't had a superior coach instead of superior talent the last 10 years. If this were the case, Texas would have won every NC the last 4 or 5 years because that's how many years they've had the #1 recruiting class! Mack Brown will eventually win a NC, but Texas will have to go independant first. I'm thinking of requesting that NU leave the Big 12 and either join the MAC or drop to division 2.