Pelini's LSU defense giving up big points!

rkhufu7

"No LEGIT argument can be made"

#1 He's been here before, he's familiar with our tradition.

#2 He wants to come back.

#3 He's a winner.

#4 He can relate well to his players and he knows how to motivate them.

#5 We'll regret it if we don't take him.

Well I think you're speculating on #2 because you DO NOT have proof and NO ONE does, you're just saying that because you read it on a message board. Unless you have a "source". And what makes him a winner? I'd like to know because he hasn't orchestrated wins, he wasn't the head coach. He might have been involved in a defense to hold teams down but he didn't put together an offense to make him a winner. And #5 is your opinion and I happen to have a different one since I don't want him as coach. According to Kevin Kugler the reason he is not a HC is because Bo refuses to go interview, he thinks he's above it and doesn't need to interview. He was the top choice for Mich. St. last year and he wanted the job but would not come in for an interview. Now TO is one who doesn't need to interview but just because he's had success as a DC doesn't give him the right to be pompous and not go through the hiring process. So of the 5 you may have proof on ONLY 2 of them that you can back up.

Ok well stop listening to what all these bloggers are saying and tell me why all the football analysis are saying that Bo Pelini is one of the best coordinators in coollege football and will probably be a head coach next year while, i havent heard anything about the Va tech DC or any of the other guys that have been mentioned, being head coach candidates.

I don't know that the final score is always a reflection of the way his defense has played. For example, last night, 7 of Alabama's points were on a punt return, and Flynn threw 3 INTs that gave them great field position. That's been a problem for LSU lately--giving the ball up and spotting the other team great field position. There's only so much a D can do when the other team gets that many shots near your red zone.

And when the team needed a big play, the defense was there every time in the 4th quarter. Those players are motivated to make plays at all costs. We need a monster safety like Steltz at UNL. Did anybody see his "game-winning" hit last night??

YES I DID SEE THAT AWESOME HIT! LSU IS MY SECOND FAVORITE TEAM AND I HAVE BEEN CHEERING THEM ON AND HOPING TO SEE THEM KEEP IT GOING AND WIN THAT NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

I don't know that the final score is always a reflection of the way his defense has played. For example, last night, 7 of Alabama's points were on a punt return, and Flynn threw 3 INTs that gave them great field position. That's been a problem for LSU lately--giving the ball up and spotting the other team great field position. There's only so much a D can do when the other team gets that many shots near your red zone.

And when the team needed a big play, the defense was there every time in the 4th quarter. Those players are motivated to make plays at all costs. We need a monster safety like Steltz at UNL. Did anybody see his "game-winning" hit last night??

Maybe I didn't see the highlights correctly, but I could have swore that Bama scored on a punt return and scored on an INT return. Another INT was run back to LSU's 25. LSU's D is very stout considering that I believe 6 of 9 of their opponents ranked in the top 20.

I just looked up the defensive stats according to the NCAA and LSU is ranked 2nd in overall defense allowing only 234.67 yards a game. They are 4th in rush defense allowing 65.9 a game and 6th in pass defense allowing 168.78 yards a game. Sounds pretty damn good to me.

Link Total D - http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?ye...ef&site=org

Link Rus D - http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?ye...ef&site=org

Link Pass D - http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?ye...ef&site=org

OSU is #1 in points allowed and Kansas is #2, LSU is number 10! LSU has some CRAZY yards allowed early in season, which pads the yardage stats, but over last 4 weeks they have not been impressive at all! So why Pelini over anyone else? No LEGIT argument can be made! Why are SEC teams with 3 LOSSES still ranked? They are trying to keep LSU's strength of schedule above the other 1 loss teams and trying to help them edge out a possible 13-0 Kansas if it comes down to it.

LOL, look at who OSU and KU have played. KU's Strength Of Schedule is 109th. Guess who has an even weaker SOS? You guessed it: OSU. Even our inept D would look tremendously better if we were playing the cupcakes Ohio State and KU have played. This is why, IMO, Ohio State should not get to play for the NC. KU still has to beat OU and Mizzou to make it. Even though their SOS is weak, they do have to play potentially 2 top 10 teams to finish the season. Ohio State just has had way too easy of time this year. IMO, this year symbolizes why a playoff should happen. The best team at the end of the year might very well be left out in the cold!