The Sporting News

Losers: Bill Callahan

For the love of God, Cally, do the honorable thing and walk away now. Have your guys speak to their guys and work out some compensation. This is embarrassing.

A brief conversation between LSU defensive coordinator -- and one-time interim NU coach -- Bo Pelini and I after the Tigers' big win over Alabama:

Me: "Did you see the Nebraska score?"

Bo: "No, I heard it was bad."

Me: "76 points bad."

Bo: Speechless; his jaw looking a lot like my mailbox that won't close.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=300386

For the love of God, Cally, do the honorable thing and walk away now. Have your guys speak to their guys and work out some compensation. This is embarrassing.

A brief conversation between LSU defensive coordinator -- and one-time interim NU coach -- Bo Pelini and I after the Tigers' big win over Alabama:

the writer of this article is spot on. callahan simply needs to sign on the dotted line, collect his enormous severance package and walk away. this isn't about pride anymore or hanging in there until the bitter end because he feels he owes it to the players and his coaching staff. enough already. it can only get worse. it won't get any better.

the writer of this article is spot on. callahan simply needs to sign on the dotted line, collect his enormous severance package and walk away. this isn't about pride anymore or hanging in there until the bitter end because he feels he owes it to the players and his coaching staff. enough already. it can only get worse. it won't get any better.

:yeah Where do we go from here...............give up 80 pts to KSU and a cool 100 to CU. I am beyond angry at this point. Cally just walk away, you have done enough.

At the time, I understood Coach Osborne's decision to wait until the end of the season to fire Callahan. Sure, it was the classy thing to say and do, and it fit Coach Osborne's style. However, this is getting absurd. It's getting to the point where these kids will no longer want to tell people after they graduate that they were on the 2007 Nebraska Cornhuskers.

We are a national embarrassment.

I cannot think of any other major school that would keep its coach around any longer after the string of losses we have suffered. It's no longer about Bill Callahan stepping down; he's proven he will hold out for his paycheck, even if it means mutilating the hopes of all the players he pretends to care about.

Please, please, stop this madness and fire Bill Callahan.

It is not about being classy, its not about Callahan's family or any of that. It is about protecting our name, and the reputation and psyche of every kid on that team. Keeping him around only prolongs the misery for everyone involved, including Callahan himself.