Colin Cowherd

True! And if you play more of a warm weather sport, like baseball, you will never win anywhere in the north. Places like Oregon State should just give up trying. NU too for that matter.

hahah amen ...

i mean.. when was the last time that a team from the north actually MADE it to the cws.. let alone do any damage....

oh whoops... :blink:

and isnt football supposed to be a cold weather sport? if i'm correct... the majority of kids at some point WANT to get the NFL.. well at least the big time recruits.. and isnt playing in the cold kinda getting them ready for the rigors of the NFL late season and playoffs?

Forget about location and weather. B.C., as bad of a coach he is, has proven he can bring in high profile talent to Lincoln. The game day atmosphere and the fan support and fan passion is what makes NU unique. A lot of HC prospects are blown away by what they see at NU. I don't think our coaches have to beg -- the guy is wrong. B.C. had a big time recruiting class coming in this year until everything blew up. So B.S. to that.

The only disadvantage in Lincoln is there isn't a lot of homegrown talent, so you have to recruit nationwide to find it. It requires more time, energy and money than a Florida or California school. But again, B.C. has proven it can be done.

It is true a lot of those four star recruits haven't done much so far, but these are players other big time schools wanted. Schools that have been successful partially because of their recruiting. So it's lack of development and lack of motivation by the coaches, plus perhaps some bad luck that many of these players haven't shown anything yet.

Location and weather my a$$. We have a unique situation here that sets us apart, and there are enough prospects out there who see that. Maybe we will never have a 1993-1997 span again, but with the right coach we can have some dominant teams like OU has with Stoops.

Cowherd is a moron. Not just about this. About everything. He's a fairweather fan (he's been on USC's junk for the past two seasons and today said he was 'breaking up with them') He listens to nobody, hangs up on opposing views and only gives people time if they support his views. He is a cheap Jim Rome knock-off.

Stoops is almost as dominant as 93-97, his teams just lost wto of the title games and a BCS bowl. NU will have to do MUCH to get to OUs level, remember they border Texas and the Texas & Lousiana kids like OU. Texas kids go to OU, just like it was UT. NU doesn't have that edge in Texas. OU/LSU/UT get the 4-5 star Texas kids and NU gets the 3 stars at best from there. How close was Nebraska to getting VY, AD, Tommie Harris, Malcolm Kelly, Derrick Johnson, Auston English, Demarcus Granger... Those kids were big time recruits, save for English, and I don't think any were headed to NU? Look at OUs starting skill players, QB is an Okie, 3 deep at RB is a SC, NV and LA, with the TEs from Oklahoma and Texas and all 3 WRs are Texans, Kelly, Iglesias and Johnson. Nebraska has to hit somebody on the Jim Tressel level to catch up with OU.

True! And if you play more of a warm weather sport, like baseball, you will never win anywhere in the north. Places like Oregon State should just give up trying. NU too for that matter.

Oregon State will finish with a better record than Nebraska- most likely

they have victories against highly ranked teams too... USC last year , CAL this year...they also beat the Oregon Ducks last year too..

I live in Corvallis, Oregon now.. the Beavers are a great baseball school.. 2 in row NCAA champs..

but there are some good football teams here too.. Oucho Sinco, Stephen Jackson, Derek Anderson, Hushmanzanta ( Sp ? )

The Ducks are here in Oregon... They beat USC ... and only have one loss.. against Cal on the last play of the game..

I am a Husker fan, from Huskerland.. but we do need to be humble and recognize other teams are good too.. as I am reminded often out here by Ducks and Beavers... the often tell me.. the 90's are over.. quit talking about National Championships 10 years ago..

hahah amen ...

i mean.. when was the last time that a team from the north actually MADE it to the cws.. let alone do any damage....

oh whoops... :blink:

and isnt football supposed to be a cold weather sport? if i'm correct... the majority of kids at some point WANT to get the NFL.. well at least the big time recruits.. and isnt playing in the cold kinda getting them ready for the rigors of the NFL late season and playoffs?

R U Serious..??

How much further North could Oregon State be?

2 years in a row CWS champs..

Cowherd can be entertaining but the guy repeats himself too much. He's definitely opinionated and sometimes comes off as a bafoon holding a lame position (guess it makes for good radio though)...sometimes I agree with him and sometimes I don't. I do like that he talks a lot of college football. I thought his take on Chris Peterson (Boise State) possibly replacing Karl Dorrell at UCLA was a good idea. UCLA could really steal some headlines from USC if they have a great offense. Peterson strikes me that he could do a good job at UCLA so thought Cowherd had something there. Anyone hear his take this morning on that?

Stoops is almost as dominant as 93-97, his teams just lost wto of the title games and a BCS bowl. NU will have to do MUCH to get to OUs level, remember they border Texas and the Texas & Lousiana kids like OU. Texas kids go to OU, just like it was UT. NU doesn't have that edge in Texas. OU/LSU/UT get the 4-5 star Texas kids and NU gets the 3 stars at best from there. How close was Nebraska to getting VY, AD, Tommie Harris, Malcolm Kelly, Derrick Johnson, Auston English, Demarcus Granger... Those kids were big time recruits, save for English, and I don't think any were headed to NU? Look at OUs starting skill players, QB is an Okie, 3 deep at RB is a SC, NV and LA, with the TEs from Oklahoma and Texas and all 3 WRs are Texans, Kelly, Iglesias and Johnson. Nebraska has to hit somebody on the Jim Tressel level to catch up with OU.

This perhaps is true. As far as getting talent, yes, the new staff will have to work harder at recruiting than OU or UT. This staff will have to spend many more hours finding talent that fits the system and much more time traveling to catch up talent-wise. Recruiting at NU does require more time and energy than what is required at OU, LSU or UT. This is probably the only real negative of what is otherwise a great coaching job.

Or I suppose you could go the Mark Magino way and strickly go after lesser known talent and develop them. This is the direction NU could end up if they hire someone like Pelini who is not known for being a great recruiter. This can be done, but it would probably take more years to develop a dominant team that could compete in the BCS.

Cowherd is a moron. Not just about this. About everything. He's a fairweather fan (he's been on USC's junk for the past two seasons and today said he was 'breaking up with them') He listens to nobody, hangs up on opposing views and only gives people time if they support his views. He is a cheap Jim Rome knock-off.

:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah

If college football was all about recruiting players with stars next to their names, yea NU would be in trouble. But its not! Its about potential, players that WANT to play there, and players you can develop into great college athlete. Its funny how as NU's recruiting class rankings went up and the drive to win seemed to diminish. I'm not saying thats the reason, but does it correlate to what has happened? Is it convincing a player to come to NU or finding out if they have the motor to play in the big time?