might be available. I know some would throw him out just because he is a former NFL coach, but if available I think he sould get some consideration(as much as that pains me. I HATE denver worse than any other team regardless of sport or level)

No more PRO coaches please. :(

might be available. I know some would throw him out just because he is a former NFL coach, but if available I think he sould get some consideration(as much as that pains me. I HATE denver worse than any other team regardless of sport or level)

tell that to USC and ASU

tell that to USC and ASU

They weren't in the pros long enough for the NFL to corrupt them. You can also ask the people at Notre Dame, Pittsburg and oh yeah Nebraska.

...T_O_B

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

tell that to USC and ASU

They weren't in the pros long enough for the NFL to corrupt them. You can also ask the people at Notre Dame, Pittsburg and oh yeah Nebraska.

...T_O_B

none of those guys had anywhere near the success that shanahan has had a a HC.

erickson was an NFL coach for 6 years and carrol was a coach in the NFL for 16 year (4 as a HC)

tell that to USC and ASU

...T_O_B

none of those guys had anywhere near the success that shanahan has had a a HC.

erickson was an NFL coach for 6 years and carrol was a coach in the NFL for 16 years (4 as a HC)

tell that to USC and ASU

Calling Erickson a NFL coach is like calling Bobby Petrino, Lou Holtz, or Steve Spurrier NFL coaches. Erickson started his debut as HC at Miami and was very successful there. He didn't start in the NFL as a HC just like the above mentioned did not. Butch Davis is like Erickson. They both started at Miami and were very successful. They moved on to the NFL, but had little to zero success. They moved back to where they started: college football.

I'm somewhat numb on Shannahan. Just like in the NFL, in order to have success at the college level it starts with the QB. Some of Shannahan's personell deicisions over the last 5 years has really had me shaking my head. He could be great here, but he could also be a flop. I think he's a bit risky for my liking here, but who knows?

just as most fans (myself included) on this board seem to not want him as coach, there is no way in hell shanahan wold even consider coming to coach at nebraska. he is a big time NFL coach who has won two superbowls and taken the broncos to the playoffs 7 times in his tenure. i have written this before, as well as i am sure other people have, the nebraska job is not that attractive right now. you have players who have shown they will quit during the season (either they quit or they really do suck that bad), an athletic department administration that needs overhauling, and a rabid fan base that has grown tired of waiting for their once dominant football team to be reestablished. we will have to get somebody young and mentally tough who really wants to make their career at nebraska and does not see the position as a stepping stone to bigger things.

tell that to USC and ASU

Take Pete Carol out of a hot recruiting ground like USC I wonder how good he would do. Both of them should never have gone to the NFL and are more suited to college. It's two different games and attitudes.

Can only name two head coaches that won the superbowl and NC in college. Face it.

You won't ever see a successful head coach from the NFL go into college coaching the only head coaches coming from the NFL are ones that could'nt hack it.

tell that to USC and ASU

Take Pete Carol out of a hot recruiting ground like USC I wonder how good he would do. Both of them should never have gone to the NFL and are more suited to college. It's two different games and attitudes.

Can only name two head coaches that won the superbowl and NC in college. Face it.

You won't ever see a successful head coach from the NFL go into college coaching the only head coaches coming from the NFL are ones that could'nt hack it.

exactly. had the timing been different and we hired carrol instead of callahan, then i doubt the situation would have been that much different then we are seeing now.