Almost Daily on ESPN

anyone just watch the nice little rant by Rome? I've always liked Rome. not always agreed with what he's said.. but i like him and how he puts things.. he could not have hit the nail on the head anymore.. our D did quit.. and cally should resign and forfeit the rest of his paycheck as it is the honorable thing to do..

although it wont happen.. it would be the proper thing on his part... oh well 2 more games.. hopefully a 3rd if we can pull off a couple of upsets.. although the 3rd would probably not have the same HC...

If Rome didn't rant, nobody would pay any attention to him. He's the sportscaster version of Glenn Beck, with about the same level of intelligence and ethics.

The thing Rome, S.A.S., Dickie V and all the other talking heads have in common is that they're outsiders to Husker Football, and never have and never will be anything more than parasites trying to glom on to what makes sports great. I'm pretty tired of all these talking heads (thats you, Collin Cowherd) who yap about our program as if they know the first thing about it. They don't.

We're born and bred Huskers. It's in the blood of all true fans. These guys? Outsiders. Who needs 'em?

Personally, I couldn't care less what any of these guys has to say about this program. They don't know, they don't get it, and I don't care.

:yeah

There's more to it than just about a lot of talking heads wanting to get some air time on a big story about our program. I have friends down here in Ariz who ask and say the same things. I see two surgeons {more than I like to lol} who keep putting my shoulders an ankle back together from time to time. My Dentist, and they all ask about the Huskers. The one thing that I figured out about all these people that have no ties to the Huskers is that, we have always amazed them on how a small population state like ours could put the type of program together we did, for all those years. Not one of them is enjoying what we are going through. I think we have always been thought of, by them as the "Little Engine That Could." They don't want us beating their teams, but they like the idea of this little place beating the big and glamor programs and there 5 star's recruits, with what used to be a ton of home grown talent and a few out of state recruits. It's just not just Husker fans that want us to turn this mess around.

GBR!!!

Quitting isn't honorable but I think some are missing the point. BC and KC have already quit but they are still getting paid. Since they aren't doing their jobs they should do the honorable thing and step down and stop getting paid for nothing.

As far as I'm concerned they can't be gone soon enough. There is some honor in admitting you aren't doing your job and the company that hired you should be allowed to replace you and move on.

He won't do that bc/ it is all about the money......oh yeah and his savior J. Christ

I really didn't like Colin Cowherd's point. Hey, keep kicking us while we are down & thanks for the help recruiting. l

I really don't think that matters when it comes to whether a kid will come here or not. Unless I missed it, I have never heard someone say "You know, I was seriously considering the Huskers until I heard what Colin Cowherd said. Then I dropped em."

That's funny. On Unsportsmanlike Conduct last week (or a couple weeks ago) they were talking about this. How people were calling in and emailing about how kids were decommitting because they listen to what those guys on the radio are saying about the coaching situation.

Because we all know they have all that time during the school day to listen to the radio... :rolleyes: