Too legit to quit: Callahan won't resign

There are few Callahan supporters on this board because they are attacked in the same way Callahan is, so they just don't post. I don't think that this board is a true representation of how all Husker fans feel.

T.O. is an honorable man, and he may see a glimpse of that in Callahan because he doesn't turn tail and run from all of the criticism. I'd like to see a little slack in the posts that just say the same thing over and over. Let T.O do his job the way he sees fit, there's not much we can do about it anyway.

Then again, I may be wrong. :hmmph

There are people who think 9/11 was the work of our own government. When we explain to them how they are wrong, is that bad too? If, after those explanations are given to them, they still refuse to believe that terrorists were responsible, how would you have people react to them? It is the fault of the person who will not see reason, not those trying to speak reason to them.

Callahan has helmed the ship during the worst four years of Husker Football since 1962. He has steadfastly refused to make halftime adjustments. He has failed to properly assess what’s happening during games, costing us points and wins. He refused to adapt his offensive philosophy to the abilities of the players he inherited in 2004, unnecessarily costing us both our winning season streak and our bowl game streak. He (along with Steve Pederson) has alienated the core of Huskers Past, the very men who made this program what they are, removing a vital resource from this team. He has hired an incompetent coaching staff and refuses to correct those mistakes, with disastrous results this season. His coaching philosophy has resulted in a team without heart, a team that has given up, a team that has no ability to battle back from adversity.

These points are irrefutable. Leveling these wholly accurate accusations at Callahan are not “attacks,” they are facts. The ONLY reason a person would be attacked in a conversation involving Bill Callahan is if they refuse to see what is so obvious to the majority. Frustration with that level of blindness will lead to harsh words, especially in the anonymity of an Internet forum.

I did start to get the eerie feeling yesterday that TO may allow Callahan to stay if he revamps his staff. That would probably mean two more years of Callahan because TO wouldn't want to pull the plug after one year like happened to Solich.

Yet as I've stated before there are too many issues that have shown Callahan is not suited to be the head coach at Nebraska: walk on program, redshirts, not game planning to opponents weaknesses, not practicing in full pads, eliminating pancake blocks...etc

We'll find out by the end of the month.

I really agree with some of these post some are making very good points and as much as it pains me Callahan might be back next year.. IMO whatever TO decides I will have to accept but I feel as an AD you look to test the waters to see who is out there we might be able to get ie like Bo, or Gill maybe someone else.. Dont want to see us miss out on a good coach, but if there isnt that right coach out there for us then do what you feel is right with Callahan..

I believe Coz is done he needs a new home away from our program, but the question I ask is ok Callahan didnt do the best job in picking the coachs he has now so what makes people think he will do better the next time around?? I think loseing Blake really hurt out team cause all the players loved that guy an all the players I have heard from miss him an would do anything for him.. I just dont see how things can get turned around if he stays.. I think you will hear alot of the players feelings about the coachs come the end of the year.. I dont see the players really wanted to play for him.. He isnt a good coach and he has taken some really good players an made them look like crap out there on the field... I just dont think he stays

There are several good candidates out there and if we wait too long we'll be looking at the mid-range guys. TO has to be ready to pull the trigger as soon as the Colo. game is over. Then make the preliminary contacts with the top 3 to 5 candidates and make the hire as soon as the National Championship game is over. When we hired BC we just plain took too long to make a decision and look at who we had to settle for and who he hired as assistants.

...T_O_B

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

I really agree with some of these post some are making very good points and as much as it pains me Callahan might be back next year.. IMO whatever TO decides I will have to accept but I feel as an AD you look to test the waters to see who is out there we might be able to get ie like Bo, or Gill maybe someone else.. Dont want to see us miss out on a good coach, but if there isnt that right coach out there for us then do what you feel is right with Callahan..

I believe Coz is done he needs a new home away from our program, but the question I ask is ok Callahan didnt do the best job in picking the coachs he has now so what makes people think he will do better the next time around?? I think loseing Blake really hurt out team cause all the players loved that guy an all the players I have heard from miss him an would do anything for him.. I just dont see how things can get turned around if he stays.. I think you will hear alot of the players feelings about the coachs come the end of the year.. I dont see the players really wanted to play for him.. He isnt a good coach and he has taken some really good players an made them look like crap out there on the field... I just dont think he stays

December 1, 2007 would be a good time to hear from the seniors. As good as Mo P is he hasn't been used enough. There also has to be some others who could add some perspective to the situation. I just hope it happens.

...T_O_B

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

So, BC didn't really ignore TO at half against KU? He didn't totally walk past him after the game against KU? I thought it was caught on camera or something that he did. If he did, this is insubordination. TO will not tolerate insubordination.

I haven't seen the Ignore-gate video between Callahan and Osborne so I'm not going to comment on that.

But, here's a possible scenario I see playing out between Osborne and Callahan. Osborne will sit down with Cally and basically say "Bill we'll keep you on these conditions...." If Callahan agrees, he could very well be staying. If he doesn't, Osborne might fire him. Considering what is coming out about Pederson now that he's gone, a part of me wonders if part of Callahan's "problem" with Osborne was a direct result of Pederson and his refusal to acknowledge the past and traditions Devaney and Osborne created.

I'm not saying Callahan should stay...but I'm not saying I'm 100% convinced he should go. We don't know what went on behind closed doors. We don't really know what Pederson was allowing and not allowing to happen between the current staff/players and past staff/players. In the back of my mind, a piece of me is saying he should be given one more year (as long as he makes staff changes). But another part is saying we should cut or losses and move on :hmmph

I see TO sitting down with some seniors an asking them what they think of Callahan and the coaching staff.. I think he feels out everyone to see what they feel he should do.. You just cant let this idiot coach another year he is lost out there on Saturdays.. For the rest of Callahan's life he will be known for the worst lost to KU in Nebraska history!! You cant come back from that!

So, BC didn't really ignore TO at half against KU? He didn't totally walk past him after the game against KU? I thought it was caught on camera or something that he did. If he did, this is insubordination. TO will not tolerate insubordination.

I haven't seen the Ignore-gate video between Callahan and Osborne so I'm not going to comment on that.

Well, I've seen it and it looks like people are making a big deal about nothing. There are plenty of reasons of criticize and not like Callahan, but that one is just a mob-mentality fabrication.

Well, I've seen it and it looks like people are making a big deal about nothing. There are plenty of reasons of criticize and not like Callahan, but that one is just a mob-mentality fabrication.

I've heard folks say the media went overboard with it and it may not be as bad as it looked.

But, here's a possible scenario I see playing out between Osborne and Callahan. Osborne will sit down with Cally and basically say "Bill we'll keep you on these conditions...." If Callahan agrees, he could very well be staying. If he doesn't, Osborne might fire him. Considering what is coming out about Pederson now that he's gone, a part of me wonders if part of Callahan's "problem" with Osborne was a direct result of Pederson and his refusal to acknowledge the past and traditions Devaney and Osborne created.

I'm not saying Callahan should stay...but I'm not saying I'm 100% convinced he should go. We don't know what went on behind closed doors. We don't really know what Pederson was allowing and not allowing to happen between the current staff/players and past staff/players. In the back of my mind, a piece of me is saying he should be given one more year (as long as he makes staff changes). But another part is saying we should cut or losses and move on :hmmph

Ok question you can put the blame on Coz an the other coachs for some of the mistakes that have been made but what it all boils down to is this is Callahans team he is the one with the final say and he is the one that takes the fall for it all, he is the one that isnt making the halftime adjustments, he is the one that looks lost out there, so how can TO look at BC an say if you fire these people you can stay when the biggest problem is Callahan himself???

Ok question you can put the blame on Coz an the other coachs for some of the mistakes that have been made but what it all boils down to is this is Callahans team he is the one with the final say and he is the one that takes the fall for it all, he is the one that isnt making the halftime adjustments, he is the one that looks lost out there, so how can TO look at BC an say if you fire these people you can stay when the biggest problem is Callahan himself???

That's true. Like I said, I'm not convinced he should stay but I'm not convinced he should be let go...or at least he will be let go.

I've heard folks say the media went overboard with it and it may not be as bad as it looked.

Yeah, it's really not bad. It's just a case where if you dislike someone enough and you're constantly looking for ways to further dislike that person, you'll find disagreeable things, even if they're probably not there.

Callahan has helmed the ship during the worst four years of Husker Football since 1962. He has steadfastly refused to make halftime adjustments. He has failed to properly assess what’s happening during games, costing us points and wins. He refused to adapt his offensive philosophy to the abilities of the players he inherited in 2004, unnecessarily costing us both our winning season streak and our bowl game streak. He (along with Steve Pederson) has alienated the core of Huskers Past, the very men who made this program what they are, removing a vital resource from this team. He has hired an incompetent coaching staff and refuses to correct those mistakes, with disastrous results this season. His coaching philosophy has resulted in a team without heart, a team that has given up, a team that has no ability to battle back from adversity.

These points are irrefutable. Leveling these wholly accurate accusations at Callahan are not “attacks,” they are facts. The ONLY reason a person would be attacked in a conversation involving Bill Callahan is if they refuse to see what is so obvious to the majority. Frustration with that level of blindness will lead to harsh words, especially in the anonymity of an Internet forum.

:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah