You can try the old proverbial defenses for BC

The fact remains that at Oakland he took a 12-4 and went 4-12 and at Nebraska he took a 10-3 and went 5-6 sounds almost too eerie huh,DaveH ?

I understand all the public relations B.S by why does such a great Traditon like ours have to adhere to ANY politically correct way of handling a coachs firing ? We didnt adhere to it when we fired a Coach that went from 7-7 to 10-3,so why should start worrying about how the media percieves us now ??? WE should go ahead and start rebuilding with the intent of winning titles again one day, instead of the intent to reach the Independence Bowl. Staying with Cally Boy the 3 year politically correct tenure is just a waste of two years where we could be rebuilding for a REAL future !Bottom Line is hes not going to make it here and some of you are just being hard headed because you have always got to be right..well if your in support of Cally Boy staying another year your going to be wrong and your doing an injustice to this fine Big Red Tradition !!!

Theres great candidates ready to be plucked up and were wasting time on this moron.

Lets get a Jeff Tedford who knows how to meet his talent in the middle and not just throw them in some WCO fire. Hell we could do better with a Glenn Mason who has taken a doormat Minnesota program as far as he can and see what he can do with a bigger traditionally strong name ! The more qualified candidates than Cally Boy list can go on forever !

I understand we needed to add some passing to catch up with the Oklahomas of the world but why couldnt CallyBoy be smarter about it and implement his system a little bit at a time and not all at once ???

He isnt the right man for this job and you need to stop denying that it was a mistake and lets get to correcting it now before we waste another two good years ! Go Big Red !

Tedford is not leaving Cal any time soon. Glen Mason you must be joking. What ever happened to your suggestion of John L Smith? Did he lose his flavor of the month with you? Let me guess you'll throw in the sexy pick Rich Rodriguez, West Virigina can't even beat Pitt. Do you remember Pete Carrolls record his first year? How about Kirk Ferentz? Struggled their first year and now they win conference titles. If I'm not mistaken Carrolls team is #1.

John L Smith,Tedford,GlenMason are what we call examples. I have been naming numerous candidates. Pete has never had a losing record at USC if I'm not mistaken so that argument is lame ! Again I say your being hard headed and are in denial ! Go Big Red

His first year he didn't have a winning record either. Glen Mason and John L Smith are what I call bad examples. You never answered why you stopped talking about how great of a coach Smith is. Besides Smith, Mason, Rodriguez :wacko: Urabn Meyer, and Tedford who else have you said? It is amazing three of the coaches you mentioned are the same three that EVERY guy on ESPN talk about. I'm sure you've watched a lot of Cal and W. Virginia games. Try again Benard. Or is it huskerfantls?

I will say again all those coaches that I named are better than Cally Boy. They all have better records and have proven themselves. Why is it when a "Mary Poppins" fan like yourself,newhusker, cant handle a discerning,truthful poster like myself you try and make it look like its just one opinion LOL LOL. I guess I should start calling you DrJ313 or some other cowardly poster that cant handle the facts ! Pete Carroll by the way went 6-5 his first year if I remember correctly and took USC over when it had been losing. Callahan didnt come in and take over a losing program he took over a 10-3 team. Your going to have to come stronger than that BOY ! Go Big Red !

I will say again all those coaches that I named are better than Cally Boy. They all have better records and have proven themselves. Why is it when a "Mary Poppins" fan like yourself,newhusker, cant handle a discerning,truthful poster like myself you try and make it look like its just one opinion LOL LOL. I guess I should start calling you DrJ313 or some other cowardly poster that cant handle the facts ! Pete Carroll by the way went 6-5 his first year if I remember correctly and took USC over when it had been losing. Callahan didnt come in and take over a losing program he took over a 10-3 team. Your going to have to come stronger than that BOY ! Go Big Red !

6-6 dude. Why are we cowardly if we don't share your Callahan stinks and Solich rules view? Last time I checked John L Smith finished 5-6 this year also.

Please define Mary Poppins fan again, I guess I don't get that attempt at name calling.

Enough. If you can't post withoug engaging in juvenile name calling, find a new board on which to post. This is a simple rule, and it isn't difficult for any adult to follow. Do so.

I'll add my two cents worth. What would be wrong with Butch Davis? He took a Miami program that had been completely destroyed by recruiting violations and brought it back to dominance. Now that his recruits are long gone and in the NFL, old Coker is having a tough time of it. Let's face it, Butch Davis's days are done in Cleveland. I would have been more than happy to see him come here. At least he's shown what he can do as a head coach in college!

I'll add my two cents worth.  What would be wrong with Butch Davis?  He took a Miami program that had been completely destroyed by recruiting violations and brought it back to dominance.  Now that his recruits are long gone and in the NFL, old Coker is having a tough time of it.  Let's face it, Butch Davis's days are done in Cleveland.  I would have been more than happy to see him come here.  At least he's shown what he can do as a head coach in college!

Butch Davis would have been a fine choice, but he had a job last year. How would he have been any different than Callahan really? He isn't a Nebraska guy, he would change the offense, this season would have sucked with him too. Butch Davis also had a 5-6 season after a 9-3 season and an 8-3 season. You are right , Coker benefitted from good timing and all of Butch Davis' players.

Everytime I bring up Callahan's lack of coaching ability, I seem to get, "but he's a great recruiter", as a reply.

Time to face facts. He might be an incredible recruiter, but that doesn't put national title rings on fingers. It's very helpful, but not the be all end all.

It's the ability to put together a solid gameplan and then implement it. To motiviate your team to play even, beyond their abilities. To make adjustments at critical points during a game, that, if you're team is losing, change the momentum in your favor.

Callahan has really done none of the aforementioned things.

Everytime I bring up Callahan's lack of coaching ability, I seem to get, "but he's a great recruiter", as a reply.

Time to face facts. He might be an incredible recruiter, but that doesn't put national title rings on fingers. It's very helpful, but not the be all end all.

It's the ability to put together a solid gameplan and then implement it. To motiviate your team to play even, beyond their abilities. To make adjustments at critical points during a game, that, if you're team is losing, change the momentum in your favor.

Callahan has really done none of the aforementioned things.

Since he's never been a college head coach until this year, how can you know that he can't win collegate national championships?

Since he's never been a college head coach until this year, how can you know that he can't win collegate national championships?

Well, i'm going on past expiriences with him at the helm...

IF he can take a team full of ME FIRST players to the super bowl. I think he can take a team to a national championship.

Well, i'm going on past expiriences with him at the helm...

IF he can take a team full of ME FIRST players to the super bowl. I think he can take a team to a national championship.

Well he's going after them same me first players. I find it hard to believe that oak town a bunch of them. I don't call gannon or rice me players. MAybe one or two but every team has that. HEll terrell owens is a me player.