Who was your favorite husker ever??

Johnny the Jet Rodgers. IMO the most exciting college football player ever. There is/was a tape of his highlights out. If you can still find it, I reccomend it both for fans that remember him and those to young to have seen him play. Think it was called portrait of a Heisman.

Absolutely Johnny the Jet!! I cannot believe I had to read this far down in the thread to find someone else who believes that too.

Man, woman, and child, he "put 'em in the aisles"! The guy was fun to watch and caused opponents to change game plans for. And what a punt returner.

This was favorite player not best player. I agree that he's great but I was only 3 when he played so can't say he was my favorite.

Another guy I enjoyed watching play was IB Derek Brown talk about a guy that was'nt very big but would try to run over anyone in his way when he could'nt run around them. He was better then Calvin in my opinion.

Johnny the Jet Rodgers. IMO the most exciting college football player ever. There is/was a tape of his highlights out. If you can still find it, I reccomend it both for fans that remember him and those to young to have seen him play. Think it was called portrait of a Heisman.

Absolutely Johnny the Jet!! I cannot believe I had to read this far down in the thread to find someone else who believes that too.

Man, woman, and child, he "put 'em in the aisles"! The guy was fun to watch and caused opponents to change game plans for. And what a punt returner.

This was favorite player not best player. I agree that he's great but I was only 3 when he played so can't say he was my favorite.

Another guy I enjoyed watching play was IB Derek Brown talk about a guy that was'nt very big but would try to run over anyone in his way when he could'nt run around them. He was better then Calvin in my opinion.

He is my favorite player, and IMO also the most exciting college football player ever. I highly reccommend the tape for all NU fans.

Lots of great players, but i have been an O-lineman for 12 years now and I am a center so I have to show some love for Dominic Raiola #54, I have worn his number in high school and still wear today as a sophomore at a DII school. Another number 54, Aaron Graham, is right up there with him. If it weren't for those guys there wouldn't have been as much love for Tommie Frasier and Eric Crouch.

Lots of great players, but i have been an O-lineman for 12 years now and I am a center so I have to show some love for Dominic Raiola #54, I have worn his number in high school and still wear today as a sophomore at a DII school. Another number 54, Aaron Graham, is right up there with him. If it weren't for those guys there wouldn't have been as much love for Tommie Frasier and Eric Crouch.

To bad you were'nt around when Dave Remington was playing. That guy was a great center and a few time was penalized for false starts because he was so fast off the line. Nebraska used to have All Americans playing for the offensive line now they can't even block.

Scott Frost is my favorite. I loved the way he played with such passion and I'll always remember the speech he gave that helped get us the National Championship.

I hope one day he is once again at NU as a coach.

Scott's doing a nice job over at UNI right now. Farley won't be letting him go any time soon. Funny though, you could probably get the entire UNI coaching staff including Frost for what you're paying BC a year and have a better season to boot!

Oh..and I also was a fan of Jeff Kinney. Another back with a lot of heart and determination.

Turner Gill if I had to just name one.

Frazier was a real winner. Grant Wistrom is another favorite, especially for coming back his senior year.

I loved Redwine and his breakaway speed, then Rozier came along and was such a dominant runner in speed/power/moves/everything.

Joel Mackovicka was another fav or mine too. I was at the Orange Bowl after the 97 season, 2nd row behind the bench at about the 25. Had a handheld TV along, and as I hear the sideline announcer report that Mackovicka was injured and done for the game, I saw him stretching it out and you could just tell he wasn't going to be out for long--and he wasn't.