Jason Whitlock's comments on FS.com

I was reading an article by Jason Whitlock who is hammering Notre Dame when it comes to Charlie Weis. He had a comment about Weis being lucky he doesn't coach in Lincoln:

Teflon Charlie better be glad he doesn't coach at Nebraska, because fans of that legendary program have no problem identifying bad coaching. When Mark Mangino's band of two-star Kansas recruits smacked Bill Callahan's four-star All-Americans with 76 points, Callahan had to answer immediate questions about his impending resignation.

Apparently Whitlock feels there should be more heat on Charlie then there currently is. I just thought it was interesting that he doesn't feel Weis would be as fortunate in Huskerland.

Here is the full article

Maybe this guy should do some research before making statements. Weiss took over an unranked not so good ND team. Within 2 years, he had them in a BCS game. Clownahan took over a #17 ranked team. In year 4 with primarily his own players, he has nearly beat every $hitty record we have here at NU. If ND has as bad of season next year, one would have to assume in year 4 he'll get shown the door as well.

Maybe this guy should do some research before making statements. Weiss took over an unranked not so good ND team. Within 2 years, he had them in a BCS game. Clownahan took over a #17 ranked team. In year 4 with primarily his own players, he has nearly beat every $hitty record we have here at NU. If ND has as bad of season next year, one would have to assume in year 4 he'll get shown the door as well.

Weiss took over a team that was either 6-6 or 5-7 loaded with young talent and turned them around to beat every team that they should with the amount of talent that they have, which they did. In 2005 and 2006, the only team that Weiss beat that was as good as they were was Michigan in 05, and Nebraska beat them that year also. Weiss lost to each team that was better than him the first 2 years(and usually got blasted in those games). Frontbutt has been given a lot of leeway. They are a young team, but they are absolutely awful. I think he needs a miracle turnaround in year 4 to keep the heat off of him.

Weiss took over a team that was either 6-6 or 5-7 loaded with young talent and turned them around to beat every team that they should with the amount of talent that they have, which they did. In 2005 and 2006, the only team that Weiss beat that was as good as they were was Michigan in 05, and Nebraska beat them that year also. Weiss lost to each team that was better than him the first 2 years(and usually got blasted in those games). Frontbutt has been given a lot of leeway. They are a young team, but they are absolutely awful. I think he needs a miracle turnaround in year 4 to keep the heat off of him.

Yeah, Weiss took over an unranked team. I don't think they made a bowl game the year before he got there, but I don't remember. They did have a lot of young talent when he got there. They made a BCS game which paid out 11 or 12 million. They didn't have to share it as they are an independant. When you look at some of the D players in the NFL today that were on BC's team when he came, I think you can see there was definitely talent when he took over. Weiss "was" given leeway due to how his first 2 years went. The heat is already on him. I think he needs a miracle turnaround in year 4 not to keep the heat off but to keep his job. I think if he has a season similar to ours next year, he gets canned.

Notre Dame isn't the only game in town. It is surrounded by other Big 10 shools within a few hours drive of South Bend. Nebraska football is that state's identity. There is a huge difference in the two schools. Notre Dame, although it has a huge fan base is very scattered throughout the country whereas yours is more concentrated with some large groups in places like Kansas City, Denver, and St. Louis. Also don't forget you guys had way more consistent success since the 60's whereas Notre Dame did have Bob Davie...lol There is just more pressure to perform at Lincoln.

1-8 is a hell of a lot of leeway if you ask me. Still will never understand how he does not try to kick a fg at the end of regulation to take a 3 point lead. If he misses there still only 40 seconds left and navy is on their own 20. Callahan an Weiss could be brothers the way they coach.

See previous thread with ESPN article about how Charlie embraced the ND tradition, while BC did all he could to forget Nebraska tradition...I think it was by Ivan Maisel...that is the key difference and the reason BC is under more heat...

I just heard a ND alum talk on Mike Tirico show how Wise is always a jerk to the Notre Dame family and very arrogant because he came from an NFL dynasty. The guy, who I can't remember his name, was a prominent ND alum and said these things and said he hasn't heard any different from any other alums. So apparently Weis isn't making any friends in South Bend either. When I heard the interview I thought immediatley of the situation hear.

i think it's props to Nebraska he's giving out. saying that we don't settle even though ND has been for some time. it think his dislike for ND runs much deeper, though.

jason whitlock is a pretty irrational fellow, from reading his articles over the last 12-13 years. he is pissed the whitebreads at ND fired a black coach without really giving him a fair chance and now is taking real shots at them for keeping a big white coach around who is really stinking it up.

he has been saying it since the day Willingham was let go.

basically this stems from Jason Whitlock being a racist. He is STILL fuming about Ty Willingham being fired before his contract was up and several times has used the race card against Notre Dame because they have not fired charlie yet. Whitlock is an idiot IMO

Kind of funny how Weis won with Willinghams players the first 2 years and now he's had three year to get some players in of his own and it's gone to the dump, isn't it??