Jason Whitlock's comments on FS.com

basically this stems from Jason Whitlock being a racist. He is STILL fuming about Ty Willingham being fired before his contract was up and several times has used the race card against Notre Dame because they have not fired charlie yet. Whitlock is an idiot IMO

Whitlock is an equal opportunity hater. He slams LJ and Priest Holmes of the Chiefs constantly. He's the KC Star's version of Travis Justice.

basically this stems from Jason Whitlock being a racist. He is STILL fuming about Ty Willingham being fired before his contract was up and several times has used the race card against Notre Dame because they have not fired charlie yet. Whitlock is an idiot IMO

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

I have thought for several years that Whitlock is one of those guys who get's away with a lot because he's African-American. If he was English-German-American like I am he would have been ripped apart for making racist comments. All this aside Charlie W. was able to win with Willingham's kids and now that ND has graduated most of them we are seeing just how good a coach this NFL genius is. Willingham didn't get fired because he's black, he got fired because the money boys at ND thought they were getting Misty's prime rib when what they really got was Spam.

...T_O_B

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

Could you imagine Weiss and Mangino meeting at the middle of the field after a game? <_<

More likely the buffet with Ralph "I love me some biscuits" Friedgen. I'm sure they'd put away some food.

you'll never see it happen tho. that much mass in one area would probably distort gravity at least and at worst dilate time or form a black hole.

He criticized the Rutgers women's basketball team after their press conference during the Imus ordeal, though. He got a lot of flack from black interest groups after that.

See previous thread with ESPN article about how Charlie embraced the ND tradition, while BC did all he could to forget Nebraska tradition...I think it was by Ivan Maisel...that is the key difference and the reason BC is under more heat...

Very true, I think Bill would not be under the gun so much and even Pederson would still be AD if they didn't all but try and erase Husker football before Callahan.

Ty did get screwed because of his race though......

Ty did get screwed no doubt, I will hold off on saying it was because of his race since I don't know any inside details. I do think that Whitlock has a good point in that Weis got a contract extension for doing less then what Ty had done in his first year. Of course he got a massive contract extension.

See previous thread with ESPN article about how Charlie embraced the ND tradition, while BC did all he could to forget Nebraska tradition...I think it was by Ivan Maisel...that is the key difference and the reason BC is under more heat...

I just heard a ND alum talk on Mike Tirico show how Wise is always a jerk to the Notre Dame family and very arrogant because he came from an NFL dynasty. The guy, who I can't remember his name, was a prominent ND alum and said these things and said he hasn't heard any different from any other alums. So apparently Weis isn't making any friends in South Bend either. When I heard the interview I thought immediatley of the situation hear.

When he said "these kids don't care about 43 years of beating Navy, they're 17 years old" it showed he doesn't understand their tradition. 43 ND teams went into the Navy game ready to take care of business, this years team didn't. Those "17 year olds" have heard all week how they have failed to keep the streak alive. Sure they care. They probably wonder why their coach doesn't.

I predict things won't be much better in South Bend anytime soon.

The fact is that Willingham got fired because ND thought they were getting Urban Meyer, who wisely took the Florida job instead. Willingham had some rebuilding to, and was recruiting some talent(see all the guys who put up the numbers the last two years). It is reasonable to think Ty could have got very close, if not matched what Weis did over the last two years with the players that were there. Take a peek at who ND played those two years. Most of the credit they got(and that 10 year contract) came from losing to USC. in 2006 they played 4 ranked teams, and lost to 3 of them, and dint just lose, got shelled. In 2005 they played 3 teams that were ranked at the end of the season, and lost to two of them. They got those BCS games from being ND. Any other team doesnt make a BCS game with what they did.

Weis has that NFL mindset along with Callahan, they know what they are doing(or at leats they think they do) and anything before them be damned. Neither can develop talent, and when ND misses post season play again next year, ND is looking at a big time buyout.

Before the start of the season, there was a discussion on strength of schedule, and I remember commenting that the Domers had a pretty tough schedule year-in year-out. Someone laughed and said, "Yeah, because beating up on service academies is hard work."

^__^

Guess so!

Keep it coming with the surprise QB announcements, Weis! That'll TOTALLY throw Duke off guard!

Kind of funny how Weis won with Willinghams players the first 2 years and now he's had three year to get some players in of his own and it's gone to the dump, isn't it??

yeah and i have a buddie who is still using Willingham's lack of recruits as the excuse for their losing. sh#t, you can't have it both ways now!