Where is Glenn?

Tuckster

I tore my hamstring in June I think it was. Not a complete one, just a partial one. The entire backside of my thigh and calf turned purple/black from the blood leaking from the torn muscle. I have pictures if anyone would like them :lol:. They're pretty nasty. They do take a long time to recover from, especially if you try to play through it. I tried that for a while after the immediate pain was gone and I just kept reinjuring and reinjuring it.

Finally, I decided I needed to just stop for a while. So I quit doing real strenuous running/activities for two months. It's only just now starting to feel like I can go full-out without a little stitch in it waiting to pull again. I think that's scar tissue.

After that long rant, it's very likely that Glenn is in the same situation I was. He keeps trying to play through his hamstring and it keeps getting worse. With his other injuries, it could make things very difficult. I was never a huge fan of his, because I thought Lucky was the more dynamic runner and better catching out of the backfield, but it's never good to see a guy have to sit because of chronic injuries. However, the "Cally hates Glenn and won't play him even though he's the best RB" crap needs to stop.

Breakout game against ISU last year, decent game the next and falls of face of the earth until we play A&M and they let him play in front of his home crowd and he balls off again.

I don't think that having one huge breakout game or even two, entitles a player to jack-sh!tt every proceeding game. Of course that has never happened at NU, where an I-Back comes in and makes a huge game and then falls off the face of the earth.

Oh wait...

David Horne

Thunder Collins

Deangelo Evans

James Sims

...I guess it has happened before.

He's been done wrong since he got there. I know it. I've seen it.

are you on the team?

are you at practice everyday and see everything?

are you Cody Glenn?

if you answer no to each of these, then how the hell do know that he has been done wrong since he has been here?

No i'm not on the team, no i'm not at practice everyday, and no i'm not Cody Glenn. But I am Cody Glenn's bestfriend from back home. I do know what is said to him and what is said to the other players. I talk to Cody though out each week and know about how much he is going to play because of what is said to him.

Before the Texas game, Callahan came to him and said "you ready? you're going to be getting the rock this game"...HA what a joke. ONE CARRY! The staff has done that to him repeatedly throughout his career.

I've also seen late in the games when NU is loosing horribly or winning by a huge margin (Kstate) where they will ask Glenn to come in. Why in God's name would Cody want to go in for the last 2 mintues of the Kstate game and be in there for the 3rd string QB to take a knee? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! Why not let him get some carries while putting the romp on Kstate.

Breakout game against ISU last year, decent game the next and falls of face of the earth until we play A&M and they let him play in front of his home crowd and he balls off again. Yes he got injured but geeze. Then we sit him out again until this year against USC where he has another decent game. He had a slighty PCL injury the last play of the game, but WHY WASTE his whole JUNIOR year for that one game? He's had no piece of the pie besides that.

Bottom line is he's been giving less oppurtunities than ANYONE else on the team and he's done more with what he's given. He's been treated like crap and lied to. Jordan doesnt like him, and Cally has his head so far up Lucky's ass he hasnt seen Cody's potential.

I DO know what the hell i'm talking about and hope you have a nice day.

It all still comes back to the fact that he has nagging injuries and we have a number of other healthy running backs who are fully capable of carrying the load.

If Glenn got 15 carries a game and his injuries got worse you'd probably be complaining about how the coaches are jeopardizing his senior year.

I think Glenn has tons of talent and was looking forward this year to seeing him play the thunder to Lucky's lightening. It's too bad he can't get past the injuries, but you can't expect him to get a major share of the workload when he isn't healthy and when there are so many other options.

He's been done wrong since he got there. I know it. I've seen it.

are you on the team?

are you at practice everyday and see everything?

are you Cody Glenn?

if you answer no to each of these, then how the hell do know that he has been done wrong since he has been here?

Then we sit him out again until this year against USC where he has another decent game. He had a slighty PCL injury the last play of the game, but WHY WASTE his whole JUNIOR year for that one game? He's had no piece of the pie besides that.

Bottom line is he's been giving less oppurtunities than ANYONE else on the team and he's done more with what he's given.

Seems like giving him all those carries in the USC game was his opportunity...I'm sure if he hadn't gotten hurt on the last play of the game he would've continued to see more action...