Do You Want To Go Bowling?

huskerguy

Do you want to go to a bowl game or just get the season over with and move on?  

145 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I say yes just for the players, and by us making a bowl that would mean that we beat the Buffs in Colorado.

My dream scenario would be us winning at Colorado, but the necessary coaching changes are still made with the month to prepare.

I don't know how much I like the idea of making a bowl and having Callahan coach them all month knowing he's gone after that and then only having 2 short months to patch up a recruiting class.

Here are all the bowl eligible Big 12 teams:

Kansas (10-0)

Missouri (9-1)

Oklahoma (9-1)

Texas (9-2)

Texas Tech (7-4)

Texas A&M (6-5)

Colorado is 5-6, so the winner gets bowl eligibility. If we become bowl eligible, this works out pretty well for us in that the only team we'd really have to compete with for a decent bowl is Texas A&M. The bowls are required to choose a 7-5 team if it's down to either a 7-5 team or a 6-6 team. Texas Tech, with a game against Texas, is likely to be 7-5, and A&M, with a game against Texas, is likely to be 6-6. Oklahoma State will likely finish 6-6 with games against Baylor and OU remaining. I doubt Kansas State will finish bowl eligible with Missouri and Fresno State left (they'll be 5-7).

I think if we beat Colorado, we're probably looking at either the Insight Bowl or the Texas Bowl, but I wouldn't be surprised if a "higher up" bowl like the Alamo snagged us just because our fans travel and we've gotten along well with them in the past. Of course, we'd have to beat Colorado pretty handily, I think, in order to persuade many of our fans to travel at all.

Plus, if the Alamo Bowl grabs us we'll face some lame-duck Big 10 opponent. :)

EDIT: Gah, I just remembered the rule about how a bowl has to choose a 7-5 team if given a choice between a 7-5 team or a 6-6 team. This throws a kink into my calculations . . .

Texas Tech, with a game against Texas, is likely to be 7-5, and A&M, with a game against Texas, is likely to be 6-6. Oklahoma State will likely finish 6-6 with games against Baylor and OU remaining. I doubt Kansas State will finish bowl eligible with Missouri and Fresno State left (they'll be 5-7).

This would be great if true, but it's a crazy world in CFB and they could just as easily finish 7-5...

But c'mon guys, bowling is fun! Why would anyone NOT want to go bowling?

If anybody votes NO you are NOT a fan. You are a boob.

...or a Buffs fan.

And NO, the two are not the same thing

Good point, but the question doesn't specifically name Nebraska. "you" should apply to your team to you. Did you vote "no", that you don't want CU to go to a bowl???

I'll stop picking on you soon. It's all in good fun. You seem like a decent enough person. Actually, for a CU fan, you're probably about as good as it gets!

OK, so maybe I'm not done picking on you yet.

I'll stop picking on you soon. It's all in good fun. You seen like a decent enough person. Actually, for a CU fan, you're probably about as good as it gets!

Indeed, and for a Husker fan you're surprisingly literate... don't try to convince me that you don't have a desk calendar entitled "Provocative Cattle" though, I won't believe you for a second! :box

EDIT: Gah, I just remembered the rule about how a bowl has to choose a 7-5 team if given a choice between a 7-5 team or a 6-6 team. This throws a kink into my calculations . . .

I'm not certain how this applies. I know we can't go to a bowl and leave a 7-5 conference team at home. And we can't go to a bowl outside of our conference tie-ins if there is another team in D1A with 7 wins. But I'm not sure that bowls have to pass on us if a 7 win team is assured of being in another bowl through our conference tie-ins.

I'd try to find the full rule, but I'm kinda busy oogling cows on the internet right now...