which Nebraska seniors are going to the NFL?

I think just about everyone of them is going to have to have a great combine to get drafted. None of them have good enough numbers from this season to be a lock on anything. I think people will be surprised at how many of these guys will get drafted. I think there's quite a bit of talent in this group.

i disagree... Mo will get drafted even without a great combine.. Bowman will also be drafted because of his speed.. he could of gone decently high last year, and i don't see that changing much, but he will have to perform.. also i can see someone using a late round pick on Keller just because he has had flashes of brilliance.. and hes been coached by sh#t here..

Draft

Maurice Purify

Zac Bowman

Carl Nicks

Sam Keller

Steve Octavian (with a great combine showing)

Free Agency

Steve Octavian (with an average combine showing)

Courtney Grixby (possibly because he has looked really good in special teams this season)

Bowman will have to prove his speed at the combine in order to be a lock to get drafted. Due to some of Purify's off field problems, he will also have to have a good combine. In the end, I wouldn't be surprised if Octavian isn't drafted the highest of all the seniors. If Purify walks in and runs a 4.6 or slower 40, I think he'll be a very late draft choice. I still think all of these guys need a good to great combine to be drafted in the first 3 rounds.

As usual, I will miss all of our Seniors. They just don't play here long enough, IMO. You develop an attachment for these guys, and not one of them is a bad person, or an awful player, or is a person I want to see leave.

If I had to pick one guy I'd say it's Mo Purify. There are a lot of guys you could say this about, but I don't feel like Mo has gotten a fair shake at NU. A guy with all of his potential, and it just doesn’t seem like enough balls go his way. I would have loved to see him featured in game after game after game. I know all about the double-teaming and whatnot, but there are ways to scheme around that. I haven’t had my fill of watching him play yet.

not sure which forum this belongs in...

Well, since we have a while for our next game...why don't we guess which senior(s) we think will go to the NFL via the draft or free agency...and/or, which senior(s) will you miss the most and why?

Seniors

Bowman, Zackary

Brandenburgh, Lance

Byford, Brett

Eisenhart, Ben

Erickson, Dan

Green, Tierre

Grixby, Cortney

Haines, Victory

Hardy, Frantz

Hill, Sean

Johnson, Brandon

Jones, Andre

Keller, Sam

Kester, Tyler

McKeon, Corey

Mueller, Josh

Nicks, Carl

Nunn, Terrence

Octavien, Steve

Phillips, J.B.

Picou, Jordan

Poulosky, Andy

Purify, Maurice

Rice, Thomas

Ruud, Bo

Sand, Andy

Senske, Matt

Wilson, Bryan

Bo Ruud, Zackary Bowman,Maurice purify, terrance nunn, and steve octavion, and corey Mckeon

Well, since we have a while for our next game...why don't we guess which senior(s) we think will go to the NFL via the draft or free agency...and/or, which senior(s) will you miss the most and why?

Seniors

Bowman, Zackary

Brandenburgh, Lance

Byford, Brett

Eisenhart, Ben

Erickson, Dan

Green, Tierre

Grixby, Cortney

Haines, Victory

Hardy, Frantz

Hill, Sean

Johnson, Brandon

Jones, Andre

Keller, Sam

Kester, Tyler

McKeon, Corey

Mueller, Josh

Nicks, Carl

Nunn, Terrence

Octavien, Steve

Phillips, J.B.

Picou, Jordan

Poulosky, Andy

Purify, Maurice

Rice, Thomas

Ruud, Bo

Sand, Andy

Senske, Matt

Wilson, Bryan

Seniors

Bowman, Zackary

Brandenburgh, Lance

Byford, Brett

Eisenhart, Ben

Erickson, Dan

Green, Tierre

Grixby, Cortney

Haines, Victory

Hardy, Frantz

Hill, Sean

Johnson, Brandon

Jones, Andre

Keller, Sam

Kester, Tyler

McKeon, Corey

Mueller, Josh

Nicks, Carl

Nunn, Terrence

Octavien, Steve

Phillips, J.B.

Picou, Jordan

Poulosky, Andy

Purify, Maurice

Rice, Thomas

Ruud, Bo

Sand, Andy

Senske, Matt

Wilson, Bryan

The names I recall seeing in the current draft projections are Keller, Bowman, Brandenburg, Green,Purify, McKeon, Nunn, Octavien and Ruud. None were projected higher then 3rd round. Some will probably need good showing at the combines to make it too.

As usual, I will miss all of our Seniors. They just don't play here long enough, IMO. You develop an attachment for these guys, and not one of them is a bad person, or an awful player, or is a person I want to see leave.

If I had to pick one guy I'd say it's Mo Purify. There are a lot of guys you could say this about, but I don't feel like Mo has gotten a fair shake at NU. A guy with all of his potential, and it just doesn’t seem like enough balls go his way. I would have loved to see him featured in game after game after game. I know all about the double-teaming and whatnot, but there are ways to scheme around that. I haven’t had my fill of watching him play yet.

:yeah:yeah

Some of you will be surprised with how much scouts will fall in love with Octavien. I can see him being a 4th round pick. It's not that high of a risk on him in the 4th and it could turn into a big reward if he pans out. They love size and speed and he has a lot of it.

Purify should get drafted somewhere as well. Seems like we finally decide to throw to him when Ganz comes in as QB. He's got a lot of tools and if he stays out of trouble, he could have a good NFL career.

I think Octavian will be a great pro....too bad he didn't get a chance to show it this year with Cosgrove totally lousing up the defense like he did. I think that may hurt him...but then if he has a good combine, that may off set some of the stink from the bad season that Nebraska had.

I think just about everyone of them is going to have to have a great combine to get drafted. None of them have good enough numbers from this season to be a lock on anything. I think people will be surprised at how many of these guys will get drafted. I think there's quite a bit of talent in this group.

i disagree... Mo will get drafted even without a great combine.. Bowman will also be drafted because of his speed.. he could of gone decently high last year, and i don't see that changing much, but he will have to perform.. also i can see someone using a late round pick on Keller just because he has had flashes of brilliance.. and hes been coached by sh#t here..

Draft

Maurice Purify

Zac Bowman

Carl Nicks

Sam Keller

Steve Octavian (with a great combine showing)

Free Agency

Steve Octavian (with an average combine showing)

Courtney Grixby (possibly because he has looked really good in special teams this season)

Bowman will have to prove his speed at the combine in order to be a lock to get drafted. Due to some of Purify's off field problems, he will also have to have a good combine. In the end, I wouldn't be surprised if Octavian isn't drafted the highest of all the seniors. If Purify walks in and runs a 4.6 or slower 40, I think he'll be a very late draft choice. I still think all of these guys need a good to great combine to be drafted in the first 3 rounds.

the way that purify has overcame all of the off-field problems and drama that has gone on in his life and put up good numbers in a struggling offense will be good enough for the scouts initially.. how many balls has Mo dropped? not how many balls thrown to him are missed, but actually dropped?

bowman will have to prove his speed to be drafted as high as he was projected last year, not to be drafted.

IMO, our top 2 prospects are Mo and Carl, but there is a possibility that octavian can sneak into that also if he shows well for the scouts.. as i said before Sam will slip into day 2...and possibly late due to injury