Nebraska Gutless???

Narniaman

Not the team, but the administration??

First, let me state that I'm not a Nebraska fan -- I have pulled for Nebraska off and on over the course of nearly four decades, going back to Nebraska thumping Alabama in 1972.

The "off and on" support depends a bit on whether two schools that I attended -- ASU and USC are doing well or not.

Having said all that, here's the question. It appears to me that your coach isn't doing all that great a job. Whether it's the recruiting, his system, his assistants, or just him, a losing season just isn't acceptable at Nebraska.

So why doesn't Nebraska just fire him instead of continuing this charade? I would think the chances of him coaching the Big Red next year are about zero. Osborne himself could finish coaching the team for the season, and Nebraska would get the jump on everyone else in the coaching vacancy derby.

Is the Nebraska adminstration hoping that he will somehow just resign and give up his big guaranteed contract? If that's the case, isn't it sort of wishful hoping that Callahan will just give up however many million dollars just to get out of town?

It's not as easy as you might think to just can everyone and waltz through the rest of the season. Plus there's some professional decorum to consider. Callahan may be the wrong fit for this program but he's not Attila the Hun, either.

It would cause far more problems to fire him today than two weeks from today.

Just be patient. This will all be over soon.

You not just firing a $7 employee at McDonalds...there is a lot to be taken into consideration. TO made a statement, and he will live by it, no doubt in my mind. There will be no announcement until after the CU game. If you read any of the postings on this board, you would have a clue to what is going on....maybe you should try becoming a full time fan...we would let you....lol.

You are right, you are not a Nebraska fan, doesn't sound like you are much of an ASU or USC fan either. You are one of those fans who jumps on the band wagon depending on how fair the weather is. Consequently you should just read, make no replys and... just shut up!

...T_O_B, Husker fan for 37 years, win or lose, sunshine or rain, through thick and thin till they bury my red to the bone body in a red casket on the plains of Nebraska.

You are right, you are not a Nebraska fan, doesn't sound like you are much of an ASU or USC fan either. You are one of those fans who jumps on the band wagon depending on how fair the weather is. Consequently you should just read, make no replys and... just shut up!

...T_O_B, Husker fan for 37 years, win or lose, sunshine or rain, through thick and thin till they bury my red to the bone body in a red casket on the plains of Nebraska.

No need to be such a wanker.

How you can make such an analysis of this guy based on less than a dozen posts on some Internet forum is beyond me.

I appreciate the sentiment here (defending your team) but maybe you'd want to tone it down just a bit? Maybe?

Wow thats harsh... I am sick of these threads also, but that was uncalled for <_<

Not the team, but the administration??

First, let me state that I'm not a Nebraska fan -- I have pulled for Nebraska off and on over the course of nearly four decades, going back to Nebraska thumping Alabama in 1972.

The "off and on" support depends a bit on whether two schools that I attended -- ASU and USC are doing well or not.

Having said all that, here's the question. It appears to me that your coach isn't doing all that great a job. Whether it's the recruiting, his system, his assistants, or just him, a losing season just isn't acceptable at Nebraska.

So why doesn't Nebraska just fire him instead of continuing this charade? I would think the chances of him coaching the Big Red next year are about zero. Osborne himself could finish coaching the team for the season, and Nebraska would get the jump on everyone else in the coaching vacancy derby.

Is the Nebraska adminstration hoping that he will somehow just resign and give up his big guaranteed contract? If that's the case, isn't it sort of wishful hoping that Callahan will just give up however many million dollars just to get out of town?

it is kind of hard to fire him with no one to take over.. if you get rid of cally, you get rid of coz too.. no reason to hang on there.. then, who takes over? who fills those voids? i mean.. its not as easy as that.. and in case you didnt realize? TO is AD also.. but wait, he is also still teaching a class for the rest of the semester.. it's not like he just sits on his ass in an office and receives a pay check.. the guy is way to busy to even attempt to coach..