Talent will be here for Next Season

admo

I'm not encourage by the by the current talent nor that that is coming in.

IMHO, the Huskers will struggle next year to another 500 season. We've just lost so much ground on other programs. We usually see 0-2 five star athletes, 1-4 four star athletes and the rest 3 stars or less. When I look at the best programs, the top five, you will see a 5-7-10 type ratio. They get the best of the best year in and out over a stretch of years.

Yes, if we get the right coach ... and he instills a new attitude, then things can change by next year. But real growth comes with quality players ... and we have not had that nor do I see it in the pipes.

To me, we are kidding ourselves if we think "we are back". We are not ... and it is a real bummer.

Mark

we should win at least 7 games. if not the coach is not doing a very good job. we have 3 easy non conference games, and other than ku and MU I would say it would be big upset to lose any north games. t-tech on the road could be very winnable if leach is gone. we should beat baylor. that is really not that bad of a schedule.

Good Job A.M. I too feel that the situation presented to a new coach is one that will be very inviting. You also reminded me of the biggest travesty committed by the Big 12, not scheduling Nebraska vr Oklahoma every year on the day after Thanksgiving. Colorado just doesn't have the same appeal. Boo to you Big 12 masterminds!

...T_O_B

Good job researching this, very informative. I look at next years schedule, and it is kind of in our favor, except it won't weigh real good with the BCS computers, kind of like KU had this year, with the exception of VT. Under normal circumstances, when the defense was good...I could see winning out next year....under these circumstances, with the right coach, I could see maybe 7 wins at least next year.