Talent will be here for Next Season

admo

Took the time, did the research. Whoever is the coach, or returns as the coach, the talent, experience, depth, and new class looks very promising.

QB

Joe Ganz

Pat Witt

Zach Lee

Beau Davis

IB

Marlon Lucky

Cody Glenn

Kenny Wilson

Quentin Castille

Roy Helu

Marcus Mendoza

Major Culbert (IB/LB)

Fullback

Thomas Lawson

Justin Makovicka

Reciever

Nate Swift

Todd Peterson

Chris Brooks

Meno Holt

Will Henry

Niles Paul

Curenski Gilleylen

TE

Hunter Teafatiller

Dreu Young

Mike McNeill

Ryan Hill

Offensive Linemen: 13 returning

Including: Christensen, Burkes, Hickman, Huff, Murtha, Sauson, DJ Jones

Linebacker: 11 returning

Including: Dillard, Wortman, Culbert (LB/IB)

Defensive Tackle/Nose: 10 returning

Including: Suh, Steinkuhler, Dixon, Barfield

Defensive End: 8 returning

Including: Potter, Turner, Sievers, Pierre Allen

Secondary:

Cornerback: 6 returning Corners

Including: Amukamara, Blue, Murillo

Safeties: 7 returning

Including: Asante, Thenarse

Leaving/Incoming:

Gone on Defense:

LBs - Octavien, Ruud, McKeon, Brandenburgh

Secondary - Tierre Green, Grixby, Andre Jones, Eisenhart

Incoming Defense:

DE: Simi Kuli, Cameron Meredith

LB: Sean Fisher

Gone on Offense:

QB- Keller

WR - Purify, Nunn, Erickson, Hardy

OL - Nicks, Haines, Byford, Piccou

Incoming on Offense:

OL: Baker Steinkuhler, Dan Hoch

RB: Collins Okafor

WR: Adrian Hilburn

SCHEDULE:

San Jose State

New Mexico State

Virginia Tech

Western Michigan

Missouri

@Texas Tech

@Iowa State

Baylor

@Oklahoma

Kansas

@Kansas State

Colorado

As we have learned, there is no longer an automatic win. Home cooking early on, followed by a tough conference schedule.

GBR!

Thanks for taking the time to do this research. I've been saying this since day one - our cupboard is not bare. Say what you will about Callahan and Co. but they can recruit.

We have a ton of talent on offense, and with a good scheme we have the potential for a decent-to-good defense.

It's not going to be the end of the world next year.

Great topic. I couldn't agree more, which is why I think this is such an enticing coaching offer. Obviously our facilities are second to none, but any coach contemplating NU has to look at the talent and think, "I can step in and win right away."

I'm not too worried about next year, I'm confident with the right hire we can turn around relatively quickly.

Everyone concerned about fans cutting the new coach some slack should look no further than that schedule. IMO, there are at least 6 maybe 7 games on the 08' schedule that we should be able to pencil in a W.

And on the flip side of that, this year's schedule was murderous. Walking into this season, optimism at HIGH, I still felt like we were going to be in for a tough year based on strength of schedule alone. We've played some pretty good teams, and some other teams that just plain old came to play against us.

I'm not making excuses for BC and Co., don't get me wrong. But this was always going to be a tough year, even if we had played up to the potential we thought we'd play to.

Everyone concerned about fans cutting the new coach some slack should look no further than that schedule. IMO, there are at least 6 maybe 7 games on the 08' schedule that we should be able to pencil in a W.

And on the flip side of that, this year's schedule was murderous. Walking into this season, optimism at HIGH, I still felt like we were going to be in for a tough year based on strength of schedule alone. We've played some pretty good teams, and some other teams that just plain old came to play against us.

I'm not making excuses for BC and Co., don't get me wrong. But this was always going to be a tough year, even if we had played up to the potential we thought we'd play to.

Really? I didn't have many games circled this year that I thought would be tough. Coming into the season, I knew USC would be a stretch for a W. I also had Texas and Mizzou circled. Other than that, I thought we'd take care of business in every other game. Wake lost a lot of players from last year's squad, so I didn't think it was going to be a real tough game. Who would have thought at the beginning of the season KU would be undefeated? I really thought whoever won between us and Mizzou would be playing Texas or OU in the Big 12 Championship game.

I had USC and Texas as tough games (of course).

I also had Wake, because even though they did lose a lot we were playing at the home of the defending ACC champs, and I figured they'd put up more of a struggle.

I also had A&M and Okie State as "harder" games, along with Missouri.

I felt like we would walk all over everyone else, but those were six games out of twelve that we could potentially lose, plus Oklahoma, who I figured we'd play in the Big XII Championship.

The only issue I've had with Callahan's recruiting is that it is VERY offense oriented. It seems like we were consistently in the running for some defensive talent, but they always jumped ship to another school.

Now I feel like we have RBs and WRs who can't get playing time, but on defense one guy goes down and suddenly a freshman is on the field. Where was the depth development for the D?

When I look at the projections for next year's starters, I'm fully confident in all the people stepping in for the O. The D, I'm not sure if it's just the sticky memory of this years D, but I don't see any future stars!

Is Justin Makovicka related to Joel?

What really upsets me is I do not see Ronnell Grixby on the list of incoming players. Did I miss him, or is the word out at Central High correct that his scholarship has been pulled and he is not coming to NU?

:box

Yes Justin is the third youngest brother of the Mak family, and Jordan fourth and last I believe. Both are playin for East Butler

As for Ronnell.. yeah his scholarship got pulled I guess because they changed his mind cuz he "wasn't good enough" or some bullcrap. DeAntae the big brother of the Grixby family was pretty damn pissed about that and Courtney.. only half as pissed.

Is Justin Makovicka related to Joel?

What really upsets me is I do not see Ronnell Grixby on the list of incoming players. Did I miss him, or is the word out at Central High correct that his scholarship has been pulled and he is not coming to NU?

:box

Yes Justin is the third youngest brother of the Mak family, and Jordan fourth and last I believe. Both are playin for East Butler

As for Ronnell.. yeah his scholarship got pulled I guess because they changed his mind cuz he "wasn't good enough" or some bullcrap. DeAntae the big brother of the Grixby family was pretty damn pissed about that and Courtney.. only half as pissed.

Thanks, hope that TO and the new coach will re-evaluate Ronnell. I would hate to see a solid legacy player go to another school.

:hellloooo:nutz