If Pelini IS the guy...

Don't get me wrong, I don't expect Calli to be around next year. However, God help Husker Nation if Pelini isn't hired as the next HC. There are so many Bogasms going around right now that there will be a nuclear sized meltdown the likes of which college football or mankind has never seen. The "Solich vs. Callahan" argument will pale in comparison to the "Pelini vs (insert name)" argument that will probably permeate message boards from here to eternity. It won't be pretty if Osborne doesn't say "I welcome Bo Pelini as the new Head Coach". Not pretty at all.

I don't think there will be a huge argument if Pelini isn't named the next HC. We're all assuming he'd take the job if offered, but this might not be the case. If Carr resigns or retires and Miles takes the Michigan job, Pelini would be nuts to come here over staying at LSU. If he's hired by what he deems a better HC job somewhere else, then why would there be an argument? We can't have what isn't available, so I don't think there would be an argument.

I for one have to believe that if TO thinks Pelini is the man but Pelini turns down the job that Husker Nation will be ok with this. As long as Pelini isn't a D coordinator next year at LSU, I don't think anyone is going to be upset that Bo isn't our next HC.

Thats saying LSU wants BO if Miles leaves... Most of the LSU people I have heard talk like him as a DC but not sold on him as HC...

I was just insinuating that he may not even want the job at NU. I'm pretty sure he ends up a HC somewhere next year. It might be LSU, A&M, NU, Arkansas, etc. I just don't agree that it's going to be pandamonium if he isn't named our next HC. I have no idea where he'll be next year, but I do believe he will be somewhere as HC.

I'd be willing to put money on Bo not being the HC of Nebraska next year.

Reason why?? Please back up your remark.

Reasons mainly dealing with his limited experience, personality clash with T.O. (not saying they've ever had a fight, just that Bo is completely against Tom's style), and his high negatives (poor recruiter, poor temperament for a head coach, not a big media guy). Do I have anything concrete to go on? No, but I'll put my reputation on the line and I encourage everyone else to; if Bo is hired, I'll attach a signature saying that I was wrong about Bo Pelini and I should never be trusted again. For those who think Bo is a done deal, I challenge you to put that once Bo is not hired. Any takers?

Who says pelini is a poor recruiter? Before he was let go at Nebraska the first time he had 4 highly touted Florida players ready to sign for the Huskers. Only one came after Pelini was fired. Has someone stated he is not a good recruiter for LSU?

Reading the LSU message boards, that's about all they talk about whenever Pelini is mentioned as a replacement for Miles if he runs to Michigan.

Who says pelini is a poor recruiter? Before he was let go at Nebraska the first time he had 4 highly touted Florida players ready to sign for the Huskers. Only one came after Pelini was fired. Has someone stated he is not a good recruiter for LSU?

Reading the LSU message boards, that's about all they talk about whenever Pelini is mentioned as a replacement for Miles if he runs to Michigan.

Okay, I'll admit they may have a strong foundation for their argument after looking at their 2006, 2007 and current 2008 classes. Of all the signees and/or commits only one has been recruited by Pelini ( in the 2007 class). That is certainly something that needs to be looked at further.

personality clash with T.O. (not saying they've ever had a fight, just that Bo is completely against Tom's style),

I heard/read somewhere Osborne actually likes Pelini. He says Bo reminds him of Devaney. As for recruiting, I've heard he's a decent recruiter, he just doesn't like to recruit. But that's why you hire Asst's that can recruit

You read Pelini reminds T.O. of Devaney in this message board...that doesn't make it fact.

I heard/read somewhere Osborne actually likes Pelini. He says Bo reminds him of Devaney.

that was on this board someplace. someone screamed that in mid-bogasam and now people think tom and bo are hanging out at coldstone creamery sharing a gigantic bowl of "cookie-dough-n't-you-want-some" on sudays.

personality clash with T.O. (not saying they've ever had a fight, just that Bo is completely against Tom's style),

I heard/read somewhere Osborne actually likes Pelini. He says Bo reminds him of Devaney. As for recruiting, I've heard he's a decent recruiter, he just doesn't like to recruit. But that's why you hire Asst's that can recruit

You read Pelini reminds T.O. of Devaney in this message board...that doesn't make it fact.

I never said it was a fact. Just said I "heard/read". <_<

And no, it was not on this board I read that. It was on an LSU board where another Husker fan was talking about Pelini with LSU fans.

And no, it was not on this board I read that. It was on an LSU board where another Husker fan was talking about Pelini with LSU fans.

Does that make it any different at all? You still read it on a message board. It was either posted here first and then regurgitated over there or vice versa. It's still likely false. But for what it's worth, I hear that I remind Tom of his best friend from 4th grade, so he's gonna call me up sometime to play kick the can.

Does that make it any different at all? You still read it on a message board. It was either posted here first and then regurgitated over there or vice versa. It's still likely false. But for what it's worth, I hear that I remind Tom of his best friend from 4th grade, so he's gonna call me up sometime to play kick the can.

My magic 8-ball says its true so neener-neener chuckleshuffle