If Pelini IS the guy...

If TO really is going to hire Bo Pelini (and I'm not convinced of this, I'm just playing along here), shouldn't Husker Nation hope for at least one more loss by LSU this season?

My thinking is that if Bo is the guy, he can not and will not take the position until after LSU's bowl game. This would definitely be the honorable thing to do, and I would hope we wouldn't be going after a coach without a personal sense of honor.

However, if LSU isn't playing for the Mythical National Championship, I think it becomes far more likely that Bo would accept the position after their last regular-season game. Doesn't that make sense? That way he could get a jump on finishing a recruiting class, and getting his staff together.

Here's LSU's last three games:

11/17 - @Ole Miss

11/23 - Arkansas

11/30 - SEC Championship

I think they beat Ole Miss unmercifully. However, they could very possibly lose to Arkansas, or if they beat Arkansas they could very easily lose the SEC title game. That would certainly put them out of the MNC hunt, and make Pelini far more likely to be available.

Does that make sense to anyone else?

If TO really is going to hire Bo Pelini (and I'm not convinced of this, I'm just playing along here), shouldn't Husker Nation hope for at least one more loss by LSU this season?

My thinking is that if Bo is the guy, he can not and will not take the position until after LSU's bowl game. This would definitely be the honorable thing to do, and I would hope we wouldn't be going after a coach without a personal sense of honor.

However, if LSU isn't playing for the Mythical National Championship, I think it becomes far more likely that Bo would accept the position after their last regular-season game. Doesn't that make sense? That way he could get a jump on finishing a recruiting class, and getting his staff together.

Here's LSU's last three games:

11/17 - @Ole Miss

11/23 - Arkansas

11/30 - SEC Championship

I think they beat Ole Miss unmercifully. However, they could very possibly lose to Arkansas, or if they beat Arkansas they could very easily lose the SEC title game. That would certainly put them out of the MNC hunt, and make Pelini far more likely to be available.

Does that make sense to anyone else?

Just think our next HC will already have another ring on his finger.. When and How Bo becomes our next coach is up to TO.. Lets just get him here..

If you still think T.O. might keep Calli around, consider this:

This week was one of the most important weeks for recruiting because the coaches had a free week to get a jump on other teams. Also, we have lost one 5 star quarterback to Missouri and probably some other recruits have already decided to cut and run.

Not even considering all the other little things like Calli snubbing T.O. and talking up his "Offensive System" and T.O.'s little slip about the "New Coaching Staff" --- But do you really think there is any way T.O. would keep quiet about Callahan's future and screw up the recruiting class if he were just going to announce Calli is staying but Cos is out?? NO WAY!! Callahan is DEFINATELY FIRED!!!! That is the only logical answer. 99.99% certainty.

Also, brother Bo will be the next NU HC. He wouldn't lie to me about that. :D

Don't get me wrong, I don't expect Calli to be around next year. However, God help Husker Nation if Pelini isn't hired as the next HC. There are so many Bogasms going around right now that there will be a nuclear sized meltdown the likes of which college football or mankind has never seen. The "Solich vs. Callahan" argument will pale in comparison to the "Pelini vs (insert name)" argument that will probably permeate message boards from here to eternity. It won't be pretty if Osborne doesn't say "I welcome Bo Pelini as the new Head Coach". Not pretty at all.

If you still think T.O. might keep Calli around, consider this:

This week was one of the most important weeks for recruiting because the coaches had a free week to get a jump on other teams. Also, we have lost one 5 star quarterback to Missouri and probably some other recruits have already decided to cut and run.

Not even considering all the other little things like Calli snubbing T.O. and talking up his "Offensive System" and T.O.'s little slip about the "New Coaching Staff" --- But do you really think there is any way T.O. would keep quiet about Callahan's future and screw up the recruiting class if he were just going to announce Calli is staying but Cos is out?? NO WAY!! Callahan is DEFINATELY FIRED!!!! That is the only logical answer. 99.99% certainty.

Also, brother Bo will be the next NU HC. He wouldn't lie to me about that. :D

Bo Jackson is our new head coach. I wouldnt lie to you.

IF it's B.P. I almost want him to come straight away and start working with the team for the Bowl game. He could be the DC for one game. Lets give him a chance to prove whats hes got... If that D came out on fire and REALLY played good D Husker Nation would go wild, keep watson as OC and let BO pull the trigger on the future. Wow got goose bumps just thinkng about it, is that normal?

:bonez:w00t:bonez

Don't get me wrong, I don't expect Calli to be around next year. However, God help Husker Nation if Pelini isn't hired as the next HC. There are so many Bogasms going around right now that there will be a nuclear sized meltdown the likes of which college football or mankind has never seen. The "Solich vs. Callahan" argument will pale in comparison to the "Pelini vs (insert name)" argument that will probably permeate message boards from here to eternity. It won't be pretty if Osborne doesn't say "I welcome Bo Pelini as the new Head Coach". Not pretty at all.

I don't think there will be a huge argument if Pelini isn't named the next HC. We're all assuming he'd take the job if offered, but this might not be the case. If Carr resigns or retires and Miles takes the Michigan job, Pelini would be nuts to come here over staying at LSU. If he's hired by what he deems a better HC job somewhere else, then why would there be an argument? We can't have what isn't available, so I don't think there would be an argument.

I for one have to believe that if TO thinks Pelini is the man but Pelini turns down the job that Husker Nation will be ok with this. As long as Pelini isn't a D coordinator next year at LSU, I don't think anyone is going to be upset that Bo isn't our next HC.