So I can predict bowls

It doesn't matter where they are ranked as long as they are in the top 14. If a BCS bowl thinks Texas is a better draw than OU, especially if they are close in rankings, OU drops to a non-BCS bowl.

But would they think UT was a better draw than OU? I assumed it was a wash in terms of draw and that whichever is ranked higher would go. Is there a precedent for Texas being a bigger draw than Oklahoma?

Well there's no guarantees OU will be in the B12 game now. Their loss against Tech forces them to win the Bedlam game this Saturday against OSU. If OU loses, Texas MUST lose for OU to make the B12 Championship game otherwise, Texas will play in the B12.

Actually, I was looking at the standings and saw something maybe someone could clarify for me. If OU loses to OSU this weekend and Texas loses as well would that not present a three way tie for the top spot in the South? Texas will have lost to OU and beaten OSU, OU will have lost to OSU and beaten TX, OSU will have beaten OU and lost to Texas. Would that not provide for a three way tie (they would all have the same record)? How would that be settled? And that would most certainly put the bowl pecking order out of whack IMO. Anyone know?

where's the holiday bowl?

Accd to this, they already played it

XHxR353Qq4g

The Holiday Bowl is an annual college football postseason bowl game played in San Diego, California. Officially it is know as the Pacific Life Holiday Bowl, since the insurance company took over sponsorship. Former sponsors include Sea World, Culligan, Thrifty Car Rental, and Plymouth. The current game is played between the no. 2 team in the Pac-10 conference and the no. 3 team in the Big 12 conference.

Qualcomm Stadium, site of the Holiday Bowl, is also the home of the San Diego Chargers, and holds over 71,000 spectators. The stadium will find its place in history as an evacuation site for the 2007 southern California Wildfires, managing to still host a San Diego Chargers game within days of the evacuations.

Well there's no guarantees OU will be in the B12 game now. Their loss against Tech forces them to win the Bedlam game this Saturday against OSU. If OU loses, Texas MUST lose for OU to make the B12 Championship game otherwise, Texas will play in the B12.

Actually, I was looking at the standings and saw something maybe someone could clarify for me. If OU loses to OSU this weekend and Texas loses as well would that not present a three way tie for the top spot in the South? Texas will have lost to OU and beaten OSU, OU will have lost to OSU and beaten TX, OSU will have beaten OU and lost to Texas. Would that not provide for a three way tie (they would all have the same record)? How would that be settled? And that would most certainly put the bowl pecking order out of whack IMO. Anyone know?

Here are the rules from newsOK.com:

If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 7 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.

1. The records of the three teams will be compared against each other.

2. The records of the three teams will be compared within their division.

3. The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of finish (fourth, fifth and sixth).

4. The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents.

5. The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series Poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative.

6. The team with the best overall winning percentage [excluding exempted games] shall be the representative.

7. The representative will be chosen by draw.

They would all have the same Big 12 record. They would also all have the same record within the South, with two losses each (each has one North loss). So you compare their record with the #4 team in the South, which will be Texas Tech (even of aTm also ends up 4-4, TT beat them). OU lost to TT, while Texas and OSU both beat TT, this elimates Oklahoma and leaves us with Texas and OSU. Since Texas beat OSU, Texas would represent the Big12 South:

1. Texas

2. OSU

3. OU

Here are all of my bowl predictions:

Poinsettia Bowl – Who cares?

New Orleans Bowl – Who cares?

PapaJohns.com Bowl – Who cares?

New Mexico Bowl – Who cares?

Las Vegas Bowl – Who cares?

Hawaii Bowl – Who cares?

Motor City Bowl – Who cares?

Holiday Bowl – Who cares?

Champs Sports Bowl – Who cares?

Texas Bowl – Who cares?

Emerald Bowl – Who cares?

Meineke Car Care Bowl – Who cares?

Liberty Bowl – Who cares?

Alamo Bowl – Who cares?

Independence Bowl – Who cares?

Armed Forces Bowl – Who cares?

Sun Bowl – Who cares?

Humanitarian Bowl – Who cares?

Music City Bowl – Who cares?

Insight Bowl – Who cares?

Chick-fil-A Bowl – Who cares?

International Bowl – Who cares?

GMAC Bowl – Who cares?

What a bunch of meaningless games.

Hawaii Bowl – Who cares?

Texas Bowl – Who cares?

Alamo Bowl – Who cares?

Sun Bowl – Who cares?

GMAC Bowl – Who cares?

I really don't mind having all of these "meaningless" bowls. You still get a handful of games that showcase the top teams in the country in the BCS bowls.

The rest of the bowl games give us fans one more game to watch and a chance to see more non-conference games. I like having the opportunity to see how the conferences stack up against one another. There are so few opportunities since BCS conference teams so often avoid scheduling games against quality teams in other BCS conferences.

Here are the rules from newsOK.com:

If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 7 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.

1. The records of the three teams will be compared against each other.

2. The records of the three teams will be compared within their division.

3. The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of finish (fourth, fifth and sixth).

4. The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents.

5. The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series Poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative.

6. The team with the best overall winning percentage [excluding exempted games] shall be the representative.

7. The representative will be chosen by draw.

They would all have the same Big 12 record. They would also all have the same record within the South, with two losses each (each has one North loss). So you compare their record with the #4 team in the South, which will be Texas Tech (even of aTm also ends up 4-4, TT beat them). OU lost to TT, while Texas and OSU both beat TT, this elimates Oklahoma and leaves us with Texas and OSU. Since Texas beat OSU, Texas would represent the Big12 South:

1. Texas

2. OSU

3. OU

What I read in the Daily Oklahoma is IF OU and Texas both lose, OU would get the nod since it would have the higher BCS rating.

Hawaii Bowl – Who cares?

Texas Bowl – Who cares?

Alamo Bowl – Who cares?

Sun Bowl – Who cares?

GMAC Bowl – Who cares?

I really don't mind having all of these "meaningless" bowls. You still get a handful of games that showcase the top teams in the country in the BCS bowls.

The rest of the bowl games give us fans one more game to watch and a chance to see more non-conference games. I like having the opportunity to see how the conferences stack up against one another. There are so few opportunities since BCS conference teams so often avoid scheduling games against quality teams in other BCS conferences.

You're telling me you would actually tune into an exciting Insight Bowl between Texas A&M (featuring signature wins over such football powerhouses as Montana State, Fresno State, UL Monroe and Baylor) and the Iowa Hawkeyes (and their equally stellar wins vs Northern Illinois, Syracuse, Northwestern annd Minnesota)?

Dude...you need a hobby! Both those teams...and the majority of the ones who will be playing in those minor league bowls, suck! They're only there because they beat up on schools like Slippery Rock, VMI and Maine! These are schools that should give the bowl trophy to the guy who schedules their pre-season games. He's their most valuable player!

You're telling me you would actually tune into an exciting Insight Bowl between Texas A&M (featuring signature wins over such football powerhouses as Montana State, Fresno State, UL Monroe and Baylor) and the Iowa Hawkeyes (and their equally stellar wins vs Northern Illinois, Syracuse, Northwestern annd Minnesota)?

Dude...you need a hobby! Both those teams...and the majority of the ones who will be playing in those minor league bowls, suck! They're only there because they beat up on schools like Slippery Rock, VMI and Maine! These are schools that should give the bowl trophy to the guy who schedules their pre-season games. He's their most valuable player!

I'd get tickets to see Nebraska vs. Penn State, FSU or even Indiana in the Insight Bowl at Sun Devil Stadium.

Season sucked, but still..It's Nebraska Football!!! Not some Boring NFL playoffs.

Edit: (Indiana is the favorite to be our opponent if we make it past Colorado).

It doesn't matter where they are ranked as long as they are in the top 14. If a BCS bowl thinks Texas is a better draw than OU, especially if they are close in rankings, OU drops to a non-BCS bowl.

But would they think UT was a better draw than OU? I assumed it was a wash in terms of draw and that whichever is ranked higher would go. Is there a precedent for Texas being a bigger draw than Oklahoma?

I really don't know. Both "travel well". The Sugar might have the first replacement pick for losing LSU to the championship game, and might snag Texas since it is reasonably close and they'll count on hordes of Longhorn fans to drive in. Or the Fiesta might choose to keep a Big 12 team as it's replacement for KU/MU and pick the highest ranked team as you say.

And for Cy and others who cry about all the bowl games, if you don't want to watch these games, don't. I don't see what the problem is with letting other teams get in another couple weeks of practice and another game for their fans to watch. I like watching college football, so shoot me.

First, I apologize that saying the Gator would take a Big 12 team.

They won't because its the Holiday that will take a Big 12 #3.

Here is the thinking:

KU beats Missouri because its at KCMO. They are playing better than Missouri (offense and defense).

Texas will beat Texas A&M.

There will be teams losing that are ranked higher that Texas.

If Bradford is not ready for Oklahoma State, they will lose and Texas will play KU.

OU and Texas are interchangable depending on Bradford's health.

I believe that Bradford is ready for Okie State and they win.

Not a Texas fan, but KU can beat Texas as well. Defense wins here.

KU plays for NC and everyone drops down accordingly.

for christ sake can we just get a playoff system already? this bcs crap is so much more complicated/confusing than it needs to be. would nebraska be deserving of a playoff spot? no. a bowl game (read: independence, insight, etc..) is a meaningless consolation prize.