So I can predict bowls

What I read in the Daily Oklahoma is IF OU and Texas both lose, OU would get the nod since it would have the higher BCS rating.

Texas won't lose to Texas A&M and OU loses only if Bradford is not ready to go.

If both lose, head to head play factors here for the Big 12 Championship only. OU gets the nod.

Yeah I don't see UT losing to the Aggies again but OU lost some key players to injuries Saturday night including Demarco Murray who is questionable for the Bedlam game.

First, I apologize that saying the Gator would take a Big 12 team.

They won't because its the Holiday that will take a Big 12 #3.

The Gator must take a Big 12 team twice in four years, starting from last year when they did not take one. When they don't take a Big 12 team, the Sun bowl must. Read http://www.big12sports.com/sports/m-footbl...ffiliates.html/

It's kind of tough to predict bowls when you don't even understand which bowls the Big 12 is affiliated with.

I've read a couple places that the Gator gets the first non-BCS pick if only one Big 12 team gets in the BCS, but fall behind the Cotton and Holiday Bowls when the Big 12 gets two teams. I don't know why this is, I guess they were counting on the Big 12 not getting a 2nd BCS game in two of those years but they passed last year.

But the Big 12 site doesn't mention the Gator Bowl ever being ahead of the Cotton and Holiday so I don't know for sure what is true. There's a certain amount of "behind the curtains" dealings between the bowls, I think.

Well there's no guarantees OU will be in the B12 game now. Their loss against Tech forces them to win the Bedlam game this Saturday against OSU. If OU loses, Texas MUST lose for OU to make the B12 Championship game otherwise, Texas will play in the B12.

Actually, I was looking at the standings and saw something maybe someone could clarify for me. If OU loses to OSU this weekend and Texas loses as well would that not present a three way tie for the top spot in the South? Texas will have lost to OU and beaten OSU, OU will have lost to OSU and beaten TX, OSU will have beaten OU and lost to Texas. Would that not provide for a three way tie (they would all have the same record)? How would that be settled? And that would most certainly put the bowl pecking order out of whack IMO. Anyone know?

Here are the rules from newsOK.com:

If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 7 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.

1. The records of the three teams will be compared against each other.

2. The records of the three teams will be compared within their division.

3. The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of finish (fourth, fifth and sixth).

4. The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents.

5. The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series Poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative.

6. The team with the best overall winning percentage [excluding exempted games] shall be the representative.

7. The representative will be chosen by draw.

They would all have the same Big 12 record. They would also all have the same record within the South, with two losses each (each has one North loss). So you compare their record with the #4 team in the South, which will be Texas Tech (even of aTm also ends up 4-4, TT beat them). OU lost to TT, while Texas and OSU both beat TT, this elimates Oklahoma and leaves us with Texas and OSU. Since Texas beat OSU, Texas would represent the Big12 South:

1. Texas

2. OSU

3. OU

What I read in the Daily Oklahoma is IF OU and Texas both lose, OU would get the nod since it would have the higher BCS rating.

I think they'd be higher in the BCS and more likely to get to a BCS bowl...but as per the Big12 rules, UT would be the South winner.

Texas won't lose to Texas A&M and OU loses only if Bradford is not ready to go.

If both lose, head to head play factors here for the Big 12 Championship only. OU gets the nod.

Head to head would factor, except that if both lose its a three way tie with OSU, with each having team having beaten one of the others and lost to one of the others...it goes to South record, where they're also all tied. Then it goes to record against the #4 team (TT) which knocks OU out and leaves you with head to head UT over OSU.

I agree. Get a playoff system. Also, get rid of the Big 12 Championship game as well. How many times has it dicked a team from playing for the NC? NU in 1996. KState in 1998. Nearly OU in 2003. Probably KU or MIzzou in 2007.

And it gave us a championship in 97. That 54-14 win over A&M moved us to within striking distance of Michigan, after the very close call with Colorado.

Oregon would've loved another good game in 2001, I'll bet.

Here are all of my bowl predictions:

Poinsettia Bowl – Who cares?

New Orleans Bowl – Who cares?

PapaJohns.com Bowl – Who cares?

New Mexico Bowl – Who cares?

Las Vegas Bowl – Who cares?

Hawaii Bowl – Who cares?

Motor City Bowl – Who cares?

Holiday Bowl – Who cares?

Champs Sports Bowl – Who cares?

Texas Bowl – Who cares?

Emerald Bowl – Who cares?

Meineke Car Care Bowl – Who cares?

Liberty Bowl – Who cares?

Alamo Bowl – Who cares?

Independence Bowl – Who cares?

Armed Forces Bowl – Who cares?

Sun Bowl – Who cares?

Humanitarian Bowl – Who cares?

Music City Bowl – Who cares?

Insight Bowl – Who cares?

Chick-fil-A Bowl – Who cares?

International Bowl – Who cares?

GMAC Bowl – Who cares?

What a bunch of meaningless games.

You're right.

I hate football season and can't wait for it to be over. Bring on the totally awesome off-season, full of drama!

:sarcasm

Hawaii Bowl – Who cares?

Texas Bowl – Who cares?

Alamo Bowl – Who cares?

Sun Bowl – Who cares?

GMAC Bowl – Who cares?

Obviously someone who doesn't love football as much as nebraska....

Hawaii Bowl – Who cares?

Texas Bowl – Who cares?

Alamo Bowl – Who cares?

Sun Bowl – Who cares?

GMAC Bowl – Who cares?

You're right.

I hate football season and can't wait for it to be over. Bring on the totally awesome off-season, full of drama!

:sarcasm

There will be lots of awesome football activities to enjoy during the off-season. For instance, I'm creating a Fantasy Former Recruit Team. I'm taking all the Husker recruits who are backing out of their commitments with Nebraska and putting them together into their own team. Then I'll take the team and play it against this year's schedule and see how they do. I'm thinking about adding transfers too once I get some more data on those.

There's also Name the New Coach roulette...you load the gun with five good coaching choices for Nebraska and leave one chamber blank...aim it at your head and pull the trigger. Unfortunately, the last time I played that, I got the empty chamber and we ended up with Callahan.

Then there's Musical Coordinators, (Run) Ring Around the Cosie, TAG (The Arm tackle Game), Nebraska D is Falling Down, Red Rover Roll Over and...of course...my all time favorite...Bowling only for Dollars (see my list above).

I agree. Get a playoff system. Also, get rid of the Big 12 Championship game as well. How many times has it dicked a team from playing for the NC? NU in 1996. KState in 1998. Nearly OU in 2003. Probably KU or MIzzou in 2007.

And it gave us a championship in 97. That 54-14 win over A&M moved us to within striking distance of Michigan, after the very close call with Colorado.

I actually thought the drumming we gave Manning and the Volunteers is what got us within striking distance of Michigan in 1997. If there were a playoff, we wouldn't have to listen to Michigan claim they'd wax us in 1997. We wouldn't have to listen to Penn State claim they'd wax us in 1994. It would have been fun to watch USC and LSU play in 03'. Auburn seemed to find a way to get screwed, but I can't remember which year. There's still some season left this year, but West Virginia could find their way on the short end of the stick. I just find it odd that just about every other sport and every other division of football there is a playoff except for D1.

I actually thought the drumming we gave Manning and the Volunteers is what got us within striking distance of Michigan in 1997. That's what gave us separation from Mechicken

If there were a playoff, we wouldn't have to listen to Michigan claim they'd wax us in 1997. We wouldn't have to listen to Penn State claim they'd wax us in 1994. Who listens?

It would have been fun to watch USC and LSU play in 03'. Auburn seemed to find a way to get screwed, but I can't remember which year. There's still some season left this year, but West Virginia could find their way on the short end of the stick. I just find it odd that just about every other sport and every other division of football there is a playoff except for D1.

That's what makes this division so special.

EVERY game is Life/Death

People still beetch about who would've won a game 10 years ago when there are no guarantees either of them would've won their brackets in a playoff..I have no idea who won the playoff games last season in the NFL or Div2 ... let alone 10 years ago.

If there were just some way of guaranteeing that the best team would win other than having a best of 7 format. <_<