So I can predict bowls

One thing that I am good at is predicting bowls. Called the Alamo in 2005 and the Cotton in 2006.

Why would Nebraska NOT go to the Alamo? Its the Big 12 #4 position, unless the Gator takes the pick here. With Kansas, Oklahoma, and Missouri in the Top 5 at this point in the season, one team, possibly 2, could get bumped down in bowls. The Gator is open to a possible Big 12 team. They don't usually take them because they get the Big East #2. This year could be different and if they do, the Sun Bowl is out because the Big East #2 would land there.

According to History:

BCS: Big12 Champion and a possible At-Large Bid

Cotton: Big12 #2 or #3 if 2 BCS bids

Holiday: Big12 #3

Alamo: Big12 #4

Sun: Big12 #5 (if Gator takes Big East #2)

Insight: Big 12 #6

Independence: Big 12 #7

(Insight and Independence are interchangable)

Texas: Big 12 #8

Eligible Big 12 bowl teams (games left):

Kansas 11-0 (vs. Missouri in Kansas City, MO)

Missouri 10-1 (at Kansas State, at Kansas in Kansas City, MO)

Oklahoma 9-2 (vs Oklahoma State)

Texas 9-2 (at Texas A&M)

Texas Tech 8-4

Texas A&M 6-5 (vs Texas)

Possible Big 12 teams:

Oklahoma State (6-5 now, at Oklahoma) In a Bowl Game

Kansas State (5-6 now, at 6-4 Fresno State) Out of a Bowl Game

Nebraska (5-6 now, at Colorado) In a Bowl Game

Colorado (5-6 now, vs Nebraska) Out of a Bowl Game

So My Predictions!!

Kansas wins versus Missouri, Missouri will drop below Texas.

Kansas will beat OU in the Big 12 Championship and will own a 13-0 record.

Kansas will play for the National Championship game.

BCS: Kansas 13-0 and Texas 10-2

Cotton: Oklahoma 10-3

Holiday: Missouri 10-2

Alamo: Texas Tech 8-4

Insight: Nebraska 6-6

Independence: Oklahoma State 6-6

Texas: Texas A&M 6-6

One thing that I am good at is predicting bowls. Called the Alamo in 2005 and the Cotton in 2006.

Why would Nebraska NOT go to the Alamo? Its the Big 12 #4 position, unless the Gator takes the pick here. With Kansas, Oklahoma, and Missouri in the Top 5 at this point in the season, one team, possibly 2, could get bumped down in bowls. The Gator is open to a possible Big 12 team. They don't usually take them because they get the Big East #2. This year could be different and if they do, the Sun Bowl is out because the Big East #2 would land there.

According to History:

Texas 9-2 (at Texas A&M)

Texas Tech 8-4

Texas A&M 6-5 (vs Texas)

Possible Big 12 teams:

So My Predictions!!

Gator: Missouri 10-2

looks closer than i would have thought yesterday.

I could be wrong but I personally don't think KU canbeat Oklahomah or Mizzou. If any of the three get to the NCG,I think it's mizzou..

And that really ^%&$*# me off.....

According to History:

Texas 9-2 (at Texas A&M)

Texas Tech 8-4

Texas A&M 6-5 (vs Texas)

Possible Big 12 teams:

So My Predictions!!

Would Texas get the BCS nod over Oklahoma though? I find it hard to believe that OU could win the South, have the head to head win over UT, and end up ranked lower than Texas just because they lost to an undefeated Kansas team in the B12CG.

I think as long as OU wins next week and doesn't get humiliated in the conference championship game, they'll be ranked ahead of Texas. It might be close in the computers, but I think the voters will make up for it because they will recognize that you shouldn't penalize OU for playing an extra game against a really good Kansas or Missouri team, even if they do lose.

Would Texas get the BCS nod over Oklahoma though? I find it hard to believe that OU could win the South, have the head to head win over UT, and end up ranked lower than Texas just because they lost to an undefeated Kansas team in the B12CG.

I think as long as OU wins next week and doesn't get humiliated in the conference championship game, they'll be ranked ahead of Texas. It might be close in the computers, but I think the voters will make up for it because they will recognize that you shouldn't penalize OU for playing an extra game against a really good Kansas or Missouri team, even if they do lose.

It doesn't matter where they are ranked as long as they are in the top 14. If a BCS bowl thinks Texas is a better draw than OU, especially if they are close in rankings, OU drops to a non-BCS bowl. The KU/MU loser could even keep both UT and OU out.

The top 4 finish order doesn't affect Nebraska's bowl anyway. OU/KU/MU/UT should get the top 4 bowls, it doesn't really matter which order. Tech should get the 5th. (If Okie loses to Okie State, with 2 straight losses maybe OU drops below Tech.)

We're competing for the next bowl after that, so we could get the Alamo Bowl, but I think they'll take a more local team (OSU or A&M), especially if one of them is 7-5. So I'm guessing the Insight Bowl as well.

I know this is all just hypothetical, but it seems a little weird that were assuming that we'll beat CU. What team is going to show up on friday? The team that beat the s**t out of KSU or the team that got the s**t kicked out of us 5 games in a row? Let's hope it's the new improved Joe Ganz lead team!

where's the holiday bowl?

He's predicting that the Big XII gets two BCS bids, so then the Cotton Bowl gets #3 instead of the Holiday Bowl.

I don't know if the Holiday Bowl still takes a Big XII team or not, though...

The Holiday Bowl has been in the Big 12 lineup every year. It's probably the best non-BCS bowl.

The only change will be whether the Gator Bowl or the Sun Bowl are a part of the lineup this year.

where's the holiday bowl?

He's predicting that the Big XII gets two BCS bids, so then the Cotton Bowl gets #3 instead of the Holiday Bowl.

I don't know if the Holiday Bowl still takes a Big XII team or not, though...

The Holiday Bowl has been in the Big 12 lineup every year. It's probably the best non-BCS bowl.

The only change will be whether the Gator Bowl or the Sun Bowl are a part of the lineup this year.

That's what I thought... didn't know for sure.

I could be wrong but I personally don't think KU canbeat Oklahomah or Mizzou. If any of the three get to the NCG,I think it's mizzou..

And that really ^%&$*# me off.....

I do. OU's secondary is their weak link right now and TT lit them up Saturday nite. If Mangino is smart, he'll watch that game tape very closely. And if Bradford doesn't fully recover from his concussion, their chances will take a big hit. Kansas and Missouri's pass offense are ranked 16th and 5th respectively. Their Pass defense ranks 41st and 96th respectively. I can see Reesing having a good day against Mizzou's defense.

I have said, and still say, that KU will lose to Missouri and Oklahoma...which will take them out of the Top 10. KU's defense is very suspect, and I think they will have problems against any good offense. Look what K-State and Nebraska scored on them..

ah, NU scored some points on them after they got to 70.....

I have said, and still say, that KU will lose to Missouri and Oklahoma...which will take them out of the Top 10. KU's defense is very suspect, and I think they will have problems against any good offense. Look what K-State and Nebraska scored on them..

They can't lose to both of them. They only play OU if they beat MU. At the worst they'll be a one loss team in the Big 12, which I think keeps them barely in the top 10