Question of the WEEK

Apathy

If Billy C pulls something outta his ass and pulls off this win in Boulder and if we were invited to a bowl game, who will coach the bowl game for Nebraska if Bill Callahan is fired come Nov 24th?

Will it be:

A) Bill Callahn will be the Coach for Nebraska because TO believes that a coach should finish what he has started.

B.) Shawn Watson will be the interm HC for the bowl game.

C) The new HC for the Huskers will start right away for Nebraska.

Honestly IMO I believe that Bill will coach the bowl game no matter what happens whether he gets fired or not after the Colorado game. I'll support my answer by saying this, if TO has made us wait for the end of the season to examine these coaches that he'll make us wait till after the bowl game to bring in the HC even though he as already announced the new coach after the CU game.

But maybe Shawn Watson will be the interm coach for NU for the bowl game from pay backs back during the Solich Era but I couldn't see TO doing this to hurt this program and players anymore.

Any Thoughts?

D) Tom Osborne

Now THAT would be worth watching!

I was gonna say that. And why not? The guy's only got 25 years experience plus all kinds of wins and titles to his name. He'd probably be the most qualified available.

If you are talking about the possible bowl game...

TO has been away from coaching for a while. Callahan has put the WCO in affect and it would be hard to change to an O that TO is familiar with. TO is smart, but could he pick up what the players have been executing all season and earlier? Watson already knows the offense and if Ganz shows us what he showed us last week, we can score points no matter who coaches. We need a defense, a defense can be adapted to whoever wants to coordinate it. It can't get much worse... maybe TO could be the D coach.

D) Tom Osborne

I was gonna say that. And why not? The guy's only got 25 years experience plus all kinds of wins and titles to his name. He'd probably be the most qualified available.

he has no desire to jump into this and he would be the first to admit he is not prepared. you just don't ride that bicycle very well, after having been off it that long. he has plenty to fix just as the interim AD.

D) Tom Osborne

:bonez:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez:bonez

Sorry man and I have loved this guy for 37 years. He's now an administrator and mentor. We need someone with fire in his belly and a lot of gas in his tank.

...T_O_B

:bonez:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez:bonez

I think it depends on who is hired as the new coach. If it is Bo then it will depend on if he wants to stay on at LSU for their bowl game. If it is someone whos team isn't going bowling then they may come in and get a start with their new team (it has been done in lots of other places.). If the new coach is Bo and he wants to coach in the MNC game then I would guess it will be one of the assistants (probably Watson if you believe what you read on the boards). I really dont get everyones infatuation with Watson. What has he done to prove anything to anybody. On most of the other boards I go to, the CU fans that have been heckling us and thanking us for taking Watson and Gilmore. Kind of like the Wisconsin fans and Raider fans. Oh well the experiment is almost over.

I think it depends on who is hired as the new coach. If it is Bo then it will depend on if he wants to stay on at LSU for their bowl game. If it is someone whos team isn't going bowling then they may come in and get a start with their new team (it has been done in lots of other places.). If the new coach is Bo and he wants to coach in the MNC game then I would guess it will be one of the assistants (probably Watson if you believe what you read on the boards). I really dont get everyones infatuation with Watson. What has he done to prove anything to anybody. On most of the other boards I go to, the CU fans that have been heckling us and thanking us for taking Watson and Gilmore. Kind of like the Wisconsin fans and Raider fans. Oh well the experiment is almost over.

I like that, "Experiment". Let's hope that's all this was...