I have no respect, just hate for CU

Oklahoma...undoubtedly Nebraska's biggest all time rival. We fought hard against those guys for sooo many years, and I respect them allot. now we have this lame rivalry with CU...which really isn't a rivalry. One big reason for me is that I have no respect for Colorado. They have no tradition, class, or style in their game. Their fans are trashy, their players are trashier, and their coaches are trashiest. They talk smack they can't back up, and recruit with strippers...

All in all, I just don't respect them like I respect OU. I just really hate the team so much...not in a healthy way at all. Anyone else feel that way or is it just me?

Oklahoma...undoubtedly Nebraska's biggest all time rival. We fought hard against those guys for sooo many years, and I respect them allot. now we have this lame rivalry with CU...which really isn't a rivalry. One big reason for me is that I have no respect for Colorado. They have no tradition, class, or style in their game. Their fans are trashy, their players are trashier, and their coaches are trashiest. They talk smack they can't back up, and recruit with strippers...

All in all, I just don't respect them like I respect OU. I just really hate the team so much...not in a healthy way at all. Anyone else feel that way or is it just me?

Thats sad. I've never been a fan of CU for sure but your hate seems to be something you should seek help for....you know Dr. Tom might be able to help you....seriously please seek help before you do something really crazy in the name of NU.

I don't live far from the CU border, so maybe this is why I don't share your hatred. However, the CU rivalry at one point was good for us just like the OU rivalry was. Back in the days of the Big 8, very few times were there more than 2 pretty good teams within the conference. After OU was put on probation, they fell and fell hard. There was a void left in the conference. CU filled the void. There was a decade or so that CU was the big game we had to live through in order to get to the NC to good bowl game. This rivalry kept things exciting from the very late 80's to the late 90's when OU wasn't very good and the Big 12 was just getting formed. College football goes through changes. I remember when the Big 12 was formed I was kind of ticked off because it seemed like we were inheriting these crappy teams from the South. Now, the tables have changed and the South until maybe this year has been far dominant over the last 5 years or so.

Would someone tell me why Husker fans are the greatest fans in the country? I think after the last few years we seriously need to give up that notion. Maybe once people can quit cussing out the players and coaches and stop whining on the internet like a bunch of teenage myspace junkies, we can think of ourselves that way again. Until then, that notion is really more of a sham than people claim Bill Callahan to be.

Sorry to butt in to your anonymous internet CU hate-fest, but I've met plenty of CU fans that are just great. They come to Lincoln, spend their hard earned cash, sit next to us at the bars and chat us up like great college football fans. But I digress. You can go back to your screwed up priorities now.

I am not a CU lover either, however the best thing you can do is not give them the satisfaction of knowing you hate them. Treat their fans and team with respect, its unfortunate they dont know any better. The nicer you are the more it will hurt when we pummel them. CU fans have no clue what winning with class is and when it hits them in the face they have a melt down. CU fans act the same way wether they win or lose.....classless.

Would someone tell me why Husker fans are the greatest fans in the country?
Sure, no problem. Just tell us who's better and we'll pass along the title.

You're going to have to find a fan base that has never said so much as poo-poo to their coaches or players, who has never even once booed at their stadium, who has never even once called for a coach to be fired, and who has never once had even one fan do something stupid like phone in a "death threat" to a coach.

So as soon as you find that team with those fans, go right on ahead and post it up here and we'll give up the title.

Fair enough?

I live in Denver and anytime college football comes up CU fan feels this enormous pressure inflate and legitimize that program. They get hostile, start making up stats, talk about their glory days (which was really a glory minute). Even at their best CU lives in NU's shadow. I imagine this carries on through the whole football program and the coaches and team as well. It makes people say absurd things.

Remember, the worst day as a buff (losing to Montana State, there could be others) is better than the best day as a husker (3 Nat Champs in 4 years).

Regardless of the tomato story Dizon is a stud LB.

You're going to have to find a fan base that has never said so much as poo-poo to their coaches or players, who has never even once booed at their stadium, who has never even once called for a coach to be fired, and who has never once had even one fan do something stupid like phone in a "death threat" to a coach.

So as soon as you find that team with those fans, go right on ahead and post it up here and we'll give up the title.

Fair enough?

Nice. So we can sink lower because there's room at the bottom? That's a great outlook. What about your little laundry list screams "greatest fans in the country?"

Fair enough?

Nice. So we can sink lower because there's room at the bottom? That's a great outlook. What about your little laundry list screams "greatest fans in the country?"

It's called reality, sport. Nebraska fans are human, not robots. We have reactions, just like anyone else.

The whole "greatest fans in America" moniker is just subjective crap anyway. It's something Lee Corso threw on us because we are great fans. Who really cares if we're "the best" or "tenth best" or whatever?

At the end of the day Nebraska Fans are great fans. Lincoln is a great town to visit for a game. Memorial Stadium is one of the most respectful, friendly places to come to as an opponent, whether you're part of the team or a fan.

If that's not good enough for you, then go be an Iowa Hawkeye fan.

I'm so sick of people throwing this fan base under the bus because we don't meet some pie-in-the-sky ideal they've set up in their minds.

What do we have to do to be "the greatest college football fans" in your mind? I really want to know.

The stripper recruiting didn't work too well though........

Would someone tell me why Husker fans are the greatest fans in the country? I think after the last few years we seriously need to give up that notion. Maybe once people can quit cussing out the players and coaches and stop whining on the internet like a bunch of teenage myspace junkies, we can think of ourselves that way again. Until then, that notion is really more of a sham than people claim Bill Callahan to be.

Sorry to butt in to your anonymous internet CU hate-fest, but I've met plenty of CU fans that are just great. They come to Lincoln, spend their hard earned cash, sit next to us at the bars and chat us up like great college football fans. But I digress. You can go back to your screwed up priorities now.

Does anyone here see the irony? He's using the very same media in order to bash it. Hmmm.

I do, however, know of plenty friendly (many whom are my friends) CU fans. However, if you can objectively state that CU is "par for the course" when it comes to the behavior of college football fans...you're only kidding yourself.

My daughter and family moved to CO. ten years ago.They have been treated poorly by many CU fans who found out they are from NE. I suppose that might happen here but I've never heard of it.

I think we do have great fans. Just because we get upset with 5 losses in a row doesn't mean we're not good fans. Most of us have never booed the team or coaches. As far as I know, only one psychotic left death threats for Cosgrove.

And just because we come to our message board to vent, doesn't mean we're not fans.

Don't come here if you don't like it.