All White uniforms

NASA

Kind of seems like it was his last backhanded slap at NU and it's traditions

Like this was the first time a NU team has worn all white. Give me a break we wore them the entire 02 season and that was with Frankie and all of TO's assistant's. If I'm not mistaken we wore them in 92 and before as well.

Unless your name is a play on words Billy C came up with that. You better hurry and change it. It doesn't have anything to do with the "tradition" of Husker football.

I believe the 1st time we wore all-white was in the Citrus Bowl vs Georgia Tech..... Can't remember the year, but it def. was under TO.

Tom Haas was the starting QB......we got beat by Tech.....but the All-white uniforms have been worn a handfull of times througout the years by all of the teams.....with possibly Devany being the exception?

I believe the 1st time we wore all-white was in the Citrus Bowl vs Georgia Tech..... Can't remember the year, but it def. was under TO.

Tom Haas was the starting QB......we got beat by Tech.....but the All-white uniforms have been worn a handfull of times througout the years by all of the teams.....with possibly Devany being the exception?

Wore them in the Citrus Bowl loss to Georgia Tech, and a couple of times in the 1991 season. It was the players' choice then, but Ozzy changed back to red pants after poor performances.

All white just isn't part of Nebraska tradition, any more than all red or black is. I've been watching Nebraska football since before Devaney, and these were the only times I remember.

Like this was the first time a NU team has worn all white. Give me a break we wore them the entire 02 season and that was with Frankie and all of TO's assistant's. If I'm not mistaken we wore them in 92 and before as well.

Unless your name is a play on words Billy C came up with that. You better hurry and change it. It doesn't have anything to do with the "tradition" of Husker football.

:yeah

People are really starting to reach for things to bitch about. Im going to go ahead and blame global warming on BC!

30 more minutes of Callahan and company. NU 63-CU 52. Two great defensives.

wow u were super close on the score just switch it around, give cu 2 and take one from nu

anyway how many teams score 51 points and lose???? when we scored 39 points and lost the only team to lose a game with that many points was NOTRE DAME!!!

and when will our defense start doing this after tackles :bonez

Oh no they wore all white.....................sign of surrender.......boo hoo.....tradition..........wah!!!!!!!!! How about you face the fact that this is 2008. Nebraska is not going to win 9+ games every season. No team is. You will have a season where you win 10 then 8 then 10 then 5 then 7 then maybe every so often a season where you will make a run at the National Championship.

Here's why. We were all raised on Big 8 football. The tradition was built on Big 8 schedules that featured a near guarantee of 6 automatic conference wins every year. Add in two or three soft non conf foes and you have your 8 or 9 wins. Nebraska's schedule nearly always was two cupcake non conf one middle of the road non conf and one solid top 25 non conf. Followed up by 6 almost for sure Big 8 wins then Oklahoma.

Now its the Big 12. Every team is capable of beating everyone else(with the exception of Baylor). Throw in the scholarship reductions and you have, wait for it, parity in College Football. Nebraska fans, Notre Dame fans Alabama fans etc.. are all slowly realizing this fact. You can not just sit back and expect 10 wins every year. You already ran Frank Solich out of town and here is all he did. 1998 9-4, 99 12-1, 00 10-2, 01 11-2, 02 7-7(oh no) and the dreaded 2003 season 9-3(with Frank) 10-3 overall. 58-19. The program was slipping into mediocraty.

Oh I know the Solich haters will say he didnt recruit good players, he won with Toms players etc. Now you are running Coach Callahan out of town for going 27-22. And what is the next Coach going to be able to do? After four years and no national titles will he be sent packing? This is exactley what has happened to Alabama post Bear Bryant. Perkins,Curry, great run with Stallings then a couple down years and they ran him out, Dubose,Fran,Price,Shula and now Hail Saban the 4 million dollar savior who took Shulas 6-6 Tide and turned them into a 6-6 team. Point is be careful what you wish for.

Oh no they wore all white.....................sign of surrender.......boo hoo.....tradition..........wah!!!!!!!!! How about you face the fact that this is 2008. Nebraska is not going to win 9+ games every season. No team is. You will have a season where you win 10 then 8 then 10 then 5 then 7 then maybe every so often a season where you will make a run at the National Championship.

Here's why. We were all raised on Big 8 football. The tradition was built on Big 8 schedules that featured a near guarantee of 6 automatic conference wins every year. Add in two or three soft non conf foes and you have your 8 or 9 wins. Nebraska's schedule nearly always was two cupcake non conf one middle of the road non conf and one solid top 25 non conf. Followed up by 6 almost for sure Big 8 wins then Oklahoma.

Now its the Big 12. Every team is capable of beating everyone else(with the exception of Baylor). Throw in the scholarship reductions and you have, wait for it, parity in College Football. Nebraska fans, Notre Dame fans Alabama fans etc.. are all slowly realizing this fact. You can not just sit back and expect 10 wins every year. You already ran Frank Solich out of town and here is all he did. 1998 9-4, 99 12-1, 00 10-2, 01 11-2, 02 7-7(oh no) and the dreaded 2003 season 9-3(with Frank) 10-3 overall. 58-19. The program was slipping into mediocraty.

Oh I know the Solich haters will say he didnt recruit good players, he won with Toms players etc. Now you are running Coach Callahan out of town for going 27-22. And what is the next Coach going to be able to do? After four years and no national titles will he be sent packing? This is exactley what has happened to Alabama post Bear Bryant. Perkins,Curry, great run with Stallings then a couple down years and they ran him out, Dubose,Fran,Price,Shula and now Hail Saban the 4 million dollar savior who took Shulas 6-6 Tide and turned them into a 6-6 team. Point is be careful what you wish for.

People are really starting to reach for things to bitch about. Im going to go ahead and blame global warming on BC!

The economy has gone downhill since Callahan, and what about the sub-prime loans, not to mention gas prices. Thanks Callahan.

Have fun selling your mansion.

Why does everyone bring up Alabama? Their biggest problem was being on probation for several years with the accompanying scholarship and recruiting restrictions. Fran got hired away and Price liked strippers.

Following your logic, how do you explain the continued success of USC, LSU, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Boise State (forget them?), Auburn, Georgia and the rest of the consistent top 25 teams?

What I wish for is a team that plays hard and at least has a chance to win. If I want to watch teams play 65-51 games I'll watch basketball. Nebraska football wouldn't be competitive in the Sun Belt Conference.

Why does everyone bring up Alabama? Their biggest problem was being on probation for several years with the accompanying scholarship and recruiting restrictions. Fran got hired away and Price liked strippers.

Following your logic, how do you explain the continued success of USC, LSU, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Boise State (forget them?), Auburn, Georgia and the rest of the consistent top 25 teams?

What I wish for is a team that plays hard and at least has a chance to win. If I want to watch teams play 65-51 games I'll watch basketball. Nebraska football wouldn't be competitive in the Sun Belt Conference.

The point isn't consistent top 25. NU was that with Solich and he was run out of town. Husker faithful expect to contend for the BCS crown every year and not one of the teams you mentioned do that every year. Yes USC had a run of three BCS title games Ohi State had two, Boise State ? when they play in a real conf let me know. Texas has had one title since 71. Florida has had two in the last 12. Auburn had one undefeated season and a lot of 8-3 type years. You are making my point for me. Top 25 is not good enough anymore for Husker fans unrealistic expectations.