Announcement - timeframe tomorrow

I do think there will be an announcement tomorrow, even if it's just to say that there won't be a news conference until Monday or whatever. However, I hope we know by this time tomorrow that Callahan will not be back next season.

My next hope... that a new coach is announced in no more than two weeks.

I do think there will be an announcement tomorrow, even if it's just to say that there won't be a news conference until Monday or whatever. However, I hope we know by this time tomorrow that Callahan will not be back next season.

My next hope... that a new coach is announced in no more than two weeks.

Sounds like it could be sooner with LSU losing to Arkansas today. <_<

The Solich firing WAS a bomb. I'd estimate that half the Husker Nation was shocked. After all a 9-3 season with an improving defense and a bowl trip seemed to indicate a definite turn around.

A Callahan firing would NOT BE A SURPRISE! I doubt if more than 3-5% of the Husker fans would be in favor of keeping Callahan.

The announcement might not come out till Monday, but only because Tom is a exceptionally gracious.

well i guess the color guy today isn't a husker fan :) i mean, i think we should listen to him.. Cally DEFINITELY showed that he deserves a chance to come back for one more year :hellloooo

Fox is reporting a 6:30 email to all media.

Really? I have to say, I was expecting a Monday announcement.

It will be tomorrow before noon. Osborne has to be in Omaha for the Creighton game which starts at 1pm. You'd think TO would need to be in Omaha by noon, so the showdown would be around sunrise, which is scheduled for 7:21. News from that would leak out soon after. No way the assistants or their families don't leak any info.

McKeon is a large part of the whole problem with the defense. He has a crappy attitude, and thinks he can just walk into a room and people should fall at his feet to worship him because he WAS a Husker. I, for one, am glad that he WAS a Husker...let him take his attitude down the road (maybe wearing his volleyball shirt?). I hope who ever is coach next year creates an atmosphere where the players have to EARN respect, not just expect it just because they are on the team.

For being so good, I sure didn't hear his name called very often yesterday when it came to tackles. What I did SEE was a lot of missed tackles. What an embarrassment for being a Nebraska defense.

Retire the Blackshirts to the museum ... NOBODY deserves to wear them at this point in time.