What will next years team look like?

wow no replies, you cant tell me I was perfect! lol

Perfect? You neglect to list Lydon Murtha, Menelik Holt, and then list recruits that haven't even signed on(one of which already decomitted and another that is about to follow right behind him) on the depth chart amongst Chris Brooks ahead of Peterson. Brooks hasn't beat out Peterson in 3 years, why would next year be different? Hard to tell who is going to play where when everything is up in the air. Some of these guys may transfer before playing for another coach.

Chris Brooks is only a sophmore while Peterson in a junior now so Brooks hasn't fought Peterson for the job for three years.

Chris Brooks is a redshirt sophmore = 3 years battling Peterson. 2005, 2006, 2007. Do you know how a redshirt works?

Also, if Ricky Henry can make the grades, he will be a third year junior.

Ya but how did he battle him if he was redshirted, he obviously couldn't play.

Perfect? You neglect to list Lydon Murtha, Menelik Holt, and then list recruits that haven't even signed on(one of which already decomitted and another that is about to follow right behind him) on the depth chart amongst Chris Brooks ahead of Peterson. Brooks hasn't beat out Peterson in 3 years, why would next year be different? Hard to tell who is going to play where when everything is up in the air. Some of these guys may transfer before playing for another coach.

Chris Brooks is only a sophmore while Peterson in a junior now so Brooks hasn't fought Peterson for the job for three years.

Chris Brooks is a redshirt sophmore = 3 years battling Peterson. 2005, 2006, 2007. Do you know how a redshirt works?

Also, if Ricky Henry can make the grades, he will be a third year junior.

Ya but how did he battle him if he was redshirted, he obviously couldn't play.

He wouldn't have redshirted if he could have passed up Peterson for playing time.

When I saw your list I was shocked that you had only 1 Sr on defense. The following will be Sr next yr:

Turner - DE, Potter - DE, Steinkuhler - DT, Barfield - DT, Murrillo - DB. I've got to believe their senior years will all be better than this last year.

As for WR, I think Menelik Holt and Niles Paul will see a lot of time. If Chris Brooks was going to develop, he would have played much more this year.

QB battle will be interesting. Ganz may not have a lock on it because the new HC will probably (hopefully) install a simpler offense that doesn't take 3 yr to learn. Suspect Ganz, Lee and Witt will battle it out. Should be interesting.

Thanks I kinda forgot about the defense. SteinKuhler isnt a senior though he will be a junior according to the husker.com roster.

When I saw your list I was shocked that you had only 1 Sr on defense. The following will be Sr next yr:

Turner - DE, Potter - DE, Steinkuhler - DT, Barfield - DT, Murrillo - DB. I've got to believe their senior years will all be better than this last year.

As for WR, I think Menelik Holt and Niles Paul will see a lot of time. If Chris Brooks was going to develop, he would have played much more this year.

QB battle will be interesting. Ganz may not have a lock on it because the new HC will probably (hopefully) install a simpler offense that doesn't take 3 yr to learn. Suspect Ganz, Lee and Witt will battle it out. Should be interesting.

Thanks I kinda forgot about the defense. SteinKuhler isnt a senior though he will be a junior according to the husker.com roster.

It shows on both huskers.com and huskerpedia that Steinkuhler is a junior this year. He redshirted in 04 and had played the last 3 seasons.

It shows on both huskers.com and huskerpedia that Steinkuhler is a junior this year. He redshirted in 04 and had played the last 3 seasons.

this is what it shows on the depth chart

Ty Steinkuhler, 6-3, 280, So., Lincoln, Neb.

Now that the year is officially over its time to look to next year. Here's what in my opinion next's years team will look like, barring any major recruits committing or de-committing. Please give me some feed back and show me your depth charts.

Key: Bold player names mean Seniors, Italic player names mean freshman.

Offense

QB

starter: Joe Ganz

second string: Zac Lee

RB

starter: Marlon Lucky

second string: Kenny Wilson? not sure if he was medical redshirted or not. Quentin Castille

third string: Roy Helu

FB

starter: Thomas Lawson

TE

starter: Hunter Teafatiller

second string: Ryan Hill

WR1

starter: Nate Swift

second string: Niles Paul

third string: Will Henry

WR2

starter: Todd Peterson

second string: Chris Brooks

third string: Menelik Holt

LT

starter: Lyndon Murtha

second string: Baker Steinkuhler

LG

starter: Jacob Hickman

second string: Keith Williams

C

starter: Ricky Henry

RG

starter: Matt Slauson

second string: D.J. Jones

RT

starter: Jaivorio Burkes

second string: Mike Smith

Defense

DE

starter: Simi Kuli

second string: Barry Turner

DT

starter: Ty Steinkuhler

second string: Kevin Dixon

DT

starer: Ndamukong Suh

second string: Shukree Barfield

DE

starter: Zach Potter

second string: Pierre Allen

OLB

starter: Shaun Mohler

second string: Blake Lawrence

MLB

starter: Phillip Dillard

second string: Tyler Wortman

OLB

starter: Will Compton

second string: No Clue

CB

starter: Anthony Blue

second string: Prince Amukamara

FS

starter: Rickey Thenarse

second string: Major Culbert

SS

starter: Larry Asante

second string: Major Culbert

CB

starter: Armando Murillo

second string: Ryan Ford

Special Teams

PK

starter: Kunalic

second string: Alex Henery

P

starter: Dan Titchener

KR

starters: Niles Paul Prince Amukamara

PR

starter: Prince Amukamara

Head Coach: yet to be determined

No some of us are just being realistic. No way to gauge who will be where UNTIL we have a HC hired.

I think that there is a boatload of talent, no doubt about it. Now we just have to hope that the talent matches the new coach--if it doesn't, there will be more sh!t hitting the fan for three or four years.

The excuse of Players matching the system is just that. It was used to buy time the lest 4 years. A Kid can either play or he can't. A Kid can Run, Block and Tackle or he can't. If he can't than it is the Coaching staffs job to teach him. If Nebraska has the speed to compete and the Coaches can get them to play hard, they will be in a Bowl game next year.

I was referring to team attitude, not talent. If new players and jucos are brought in for "instant success" in a new system, the same thing will happen. Player sabotage.

I doubt Mohler will start as a frosh, I bet we see Culbert starting at linebacker... and don't rule LaTravis Washington out as a starting Linebacker also.

PS. if Kenny Wilson is able to play next year, don't be surprised if he gets moved to Safety.

Mohler is looking elsewhere. Don't look for him to even come here.

Kenny Wilson to safety? Sounds unlikely, but who knows.

One thing that could throw a monkey wrench into all this depth chart planning is attrition. I think it's naive to think there won't be any.

Your right but thats a kinda hard thing to quess on. Really though after the year most of them had the only one I can see leaving is Lucky. Man I hope he stays!

Lucky seems most likely, but this year there is a glut of good RBs in the draft.

Any player who can run a good 40 time might consider leaving for the NFL. Even some who can't. There may also be transfers.