Bo Pelini Criticism

I've been reading a lot of posts concerning Bo and his defense at LSU giving up a lot of points and yards. So I have just a couple of things about that. LSU is in arguably one of the best conferences in the country. The schools in that conference know how to put points on the board and are VERY tough to defend against. Those teams know how to run their offensive schemes very well. That's because the offensive coordinators know their stuff. I imagine LSU has had key injuries on their defense just like anybody else, so that doesn't help. Look at Bo's career numbers, not just the numbers this year. And quite possibly he doesn't have the talent level on his defense this year, but I'm not positive about that. Anyway the last thing I'd worry about is the Huskers defense with Bo as HC. I know damn well he'd get awesome assistants all around. If anybody can bring back the Huskers to their glory days, Bo can...!!! :bonez:bonez:bonez

I've been reading a lot of posts concerning Bo and his defense at LSU giving up a lot of points and yards. So I have just a couple of things about that. LSU is in arguably one of the best conferences in the country. The schools in that conference know how to put points on the board and are VERY tough to defend against. Those teams know how to run their offensive schemes very well. That's because the offensive coordinators know their stuff. I imagine LSU has had key injuries on their defense just like anybody else, so that doesn't help. Look at Bo's career numbers, not just the numbers this year. And quite possibly he doesn't have the talent level on his defense this year, but I'm not positive about that. Anyway the last thing I'd worry about is the Huskers defense with Bo as HC. I know damn well he'd get awesome assistants all around. If anybody can bring back the Huskers to their glory days, Bo can...!!! :bonez:bonez:bonez

they're also supposed to have the best defenses in the game. I'm just sayin....

Arguable one of the toughest conferences? The SEC is the toughest conference, hands down.

Don't care. He has some of the best talent as well to work with. He should have done better. His defense should have done better, been perfect. Cause that's what expected at Nebraska.

:yeah LSU probably has one of the most talented defenses in the nation. They probably have two D-linemen who will go in the first round and about ten guys who will play in the NFL at some point from what I've read. Bo should have been able to get more production out of them this year. I'm not saying that I'm opposed to Bo as the next NU coach, but I do have my concerns.

Arguable one of the toughest conferences? The SEC is the toughest conference, hands down.

Don't care. He has some of the best talent as well to work with. He should have done better. His defense should have done better, been perfect. Cause that's what expected at Nebraska.

:yeah LSU probably has one of the most talented defenses in the nation. They probably have two D-linemen who will go in the first round and about ten guys who will play in the NFL at some point from what I've read. Bo should have been able to get more production out of them this year. I'm not saying that I'm opposed to Bo as the next NU coach, but I do have my concerns.

I will take this any day of the week!

Tigers' national rankings for pass efficiency defense (1st, 83.75 rating), total defense (2nd, 233.14 yards per game), pass defense (4th, 155.14 ypg), scoring defense (6th, 14.14 points per game) and rushing defense (7th, 68.0 ypg).

One word....."Paridy". Especially in the SEC conference!

not just parity, but the defenses are starting to lag behind the innovations and wrinkles created by the new-fangled Shotgun Spread offenses.

the wishbone is back, so to speak...

As we are seeing...epsecially this year, that it is almost impossible to go undefeated nowadays. Too many well balanced teams through out the different conferences. That is why I love College Football so much.

One word....."Paridy". Especially in the SEC conference!

not just parity, but the defenses are starting to lag behind the innovations and wrinkles created by the new-fangled Shotgun Spread offenses.

the wishbone is back, so to speak...

As we are seeing...epsecially this year, that it is almost impossible to go undefeated nowadays. Too many well balanced teams through out the different conferences. That is why I love College Football so much.

I wouldn't say that. It's not like this is the first year we're going to have a NC that didn't have a perfect record. The recipe for success even though the BCS continually tries to tweak this out is playing the weakest schedule possible. Look at Ohio State. They have played one of the weakest schedules of the year, but will more than likely get into the title game when OU beats Mizzou again. The only decent team they played all year beat them. Just like KU. KU played one decent team all year and they lost to them.

Bill Snyder and TO were kind of pioneers in playing the weakest possible schedules. Friggin Hawaii IMO should be higher than KU or Ohio State because they at least are undefeated and did beat the one and only ranked team they played this year.

We may see more and more 1 loss teams win the NC than we have before, but we have seen several one loss teams win it all in the past.