Bo Pelini Criticism

Arguable one of the toughest conferences? The SEC is the toughest conference, hands down.

Don't care. He has some of the best talent as well to work with. He should have done better. His defense should have done better, been perfect. Cause that's what expected at Nebraska.

:yeah LSU probably has one of the most talented defenses in the nation. They probably have two D-linemen who will go in the first round and about ten guys who will play in the NFL at some point from what I've read. Bo should have been able to get more production out of them this year. I'm not saying that I'm opposed to Bo as the next NU coach, but I do have my concerns.

They lost one of their starting d-tackles at the beginning of the season and Glenn Dorsey hasn't been playing much the last couple of games(I remember seeing him in the last couple of overtimes this last game but not much before that), I think Dorsey will be the #1 pick in the draft and the other guy will go in the first round. I can't imagine how bad our defense would have been last year had we lost our best 2 d-lineman :sarcasm . I actually think their D has put up some impressive numbers considering the injuries they have had.

I wouldn't say that I am quite at a bogasm level in excitement for Bo but I would definitely be happy with that hire. As soon as a week ago I wasn't excited at all about Turner but that has changed and I definitely would be excited about him being hired as well. As other people point out, I would be at one gun salute excitement level if we got both. :blink:

The problem is, people just don't dig enough into the details of LSU's defense.

Bama averages 26 points/game --> scored 34 pts v. LSU

Auburn avg 24.33 points/game --> scored its avg of 24 pts

Mississippi avg 20.08 points/game --> scored 24 pts

Florida avg 43.08 pionts/game --> scored 24 pts

South Carolina avg 26.08 points/game --> scored 16 points

that isn't anywhere near the whole story...

Bama game...10 points were scored when Bama gained 26 yards of offense AND had a punt return for a TD...take 17 points away that leaves you with only scoring 17 points.

Ole Miss game...punt return for TD, drops that down to 17

The defense hasn't given up that much...special teams and turnovers also hurt this number.

Not only that, but Florida scored all their 24 points early in the game. LSU gave up zero points in the last 15 minutes of that game. The other 'big score" games - OT.

Arguable one of the toughest conferences? The SEC is the toughest conference, hands down.

Don't care. He has some of the best talent as well to work with. He should have done better. His defense should have done better, been perfect. Cause that's what expected at Nebraska.

This year, LSU is 3rd in the nation in total defense.

In 2006, LSU was 3rd in the nation in total defense.

In 2005, LSU was 3rd in the nation in total defense.

In 2004, Oklahoma was 13th in the nation in total defense.

In 2003, Nebraska was 11th in the nation in total defense.

Yeah, he is a complete failure...

Actually, the Big 12 has the most prolific offenses in the country. 7 out of the top 20 offenses are in our own back yard, compared to 4 in the SEC (LSU, Florida, Kentucky, Arkansas). Two of those SEC teams beat that tough LSU defense. And that's a fact. No sugar coating.

I really believe the SEC teams would have just as much trouble, in fact, a lot of trouble if they traveled to play OU, UT, Mizzou, Kansas, & Texas Tech. Those offenses, as well as the way the Huskers played lately (talking about offense), and Okie State, will give any team fits, including LSU.

The Big 12 may not have a traditional powerhouse heading for the BCS title game, but it's b/c the conference has improved greatly with talented QBs leading the way.

A lot of hoopla about the SEC, but a lot of proof in the Big 12.

All of these guys are back next year. I'm not so convinced that Pelini's defense could stop them all, maybe not even half of them.

Bradford - OU

Daniel - UM

Reesing - KU

Harrell - TT

McCoy - UT

McGee - TA&M

Ganz - NU

Robinson - OSU

Hawkins - CU

With that said, if you're defense can not stop them, you better have a group that can slow them down PLUS an offense that can be powerful and talented enough to outscore them.