Players meeting with

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.ph...101&t=22957

Players to meet Tuesday afternoon

BY BRIAN CHRISTOPHERSON AND BRIAN ROSENTHAL / Lincoln Journal Star

Monday, Nov 26, 2007 - 04:31:36 pm CST

Nebraska football players will gather at 4 p.m. Tuesday. But Tim Cassidy, NU’s director of football operations, cautioned fans and media not to read too much into it.

Cassidy told the Journal Star on Monday that players will vote for the team MVP, discuss academics and the team’s annual banquet.

“We would be doing this whether there were a coaching change or not,” Cassidy said. “There’s nothing significant, other than we always come together at the end of the season.

“We want a good pulse on the kids. We want to make sure they’re handling their business as well.”

All current players, including this year’s seniors, received text messages on Monday afternoon from Cassidy inviting them to attend.

This will be the first chance for the team to get together since Saturday’s firing of Bill Callahan.

“I just assumed, because everyone wasn’t able to get together (Saturday), that they’d bring us together one more time,” said senior linebacker Bo Ruud. “I haven’t heard if it’s a coach or anything like that.”

Nebraska football players will gather at 4 p.m. Tuesday. But Tim Cassidy, NU’s director of football operations, cautioned fans and media not to read too much into it.

Cassidy told the Journal Star on Monday that players will vote for the team MVP, discuss academics and the team’s annual banquet.

“We would be doing this whether there were a coaching change or not,” Cassidy said. “There’s nothing significant, other than we always come together at the end of the season.

“We want a good pulse on the kids. We want to make sure they’re handling their business as well.”

All current players, including this year’s seniors, received text messages on Monday afternoon from Cassidy inviting them to attend.

This will be the first chance for the team to get together since Saturday’s firing of Bill Callahan.

“I just assumed, because everyone wasn’t able to get together (Saturday), that they’d bring us together one more time,” said senior linebacker Bo Ruud. “I haven’t heard if it’s a coach or anything like that.”

Makes perfect sense to me.

Makes perfect sense to me.

yes, the kids need a lot of support right now. very crucial to retaining them here.

Might just be the meeting to turn in their uniforms. Why would you bring in seniors to meet the new head coach?

On Rivals, Sean Callahan said its optional for Seniors

Thanks. Sean Callahan obviously would be a reliable source as well. That makes me think that it would have to do with the coach search since they would make it mandatory for seniors to attend an end-of-season meeting. And if they announce it to the players at 4pm, I would expect an official announcement soon after, or at least leaks would start to come out very soon.

Where is anyone getting from the LJS article that they'll be announcing a new coach? They said it would be to vote on MVP and other stuff. Anyway, seasons over why would a meeting be mandatory anyway?? Maybe they'll be taking about who they've talked to for new coaches. I can't believe a decision has been made this quick especially if Dr Tom said he hasn't talk to any coaches. My feeling is if Pelini is announced as the new coach, then they've been on contact for quite some time. Dr Tom is becoming quite the spin doctor his time in Washington has served him well for this job :)

Scott

I heard this on 1620. I'm thinking its going to be Gill. Pelini wouldn't be setting up stuff this early, with the SEC championship and bowl game. :restore

LSU fan's are saying they need to have an interim DC as BP is gone. :)

Link please!!!!! :bonez <------equals Bo Pelini

www.tigerdroppings.com