I'm Glad We Didn't Hear Anything Today

The time table doesnt matter as long as you get the right guy. If you have a #1 option, and can get him quick, by God, get him there.

Billy C took 41 days, and at least 3 rejections of other coaches to Pederson before he was in.

Ole Miss is better off with Nutt than Orgeron. If you really look at it, Nutt wasnt bad at all at Arkansas. Remember, Arkansas is closer to a Mizzou than a Nebraska.

Someone on another thread here said Washington State is interested in him.

It was reported on 1620 Unsportsmanlike Conduct that Washington State is interested in TG.

Thought I heard Price is going back to Washington state now

You mean "Roll Tide, Roll!" Mike Price? Hmm, How 'bout that...

It was reported on 1620 Unsportsmanlike Conduct that Washington State is interested in TG.

They've opened some pretty classy strip joints up in Pullman since he left. :nutz

They've opened some pretty classy strip joints up in Pullman since he left. :nutz

Yep. If he gets the gig he'll be down at the Humperdolls shouting "Cooogers! Roar!!" "Wait! Give me that dollar back I'm not done!"

The coach search needs to be a thoughtful process. We don't need a kneejerk Callahan-type decision. Recruiting timing is important, but making the right decision is more.

TO said he is still interviewing, that means TG and BO aren't his first choices or he'd be done.

They are great fallback choices however. If he can't land a top guy like Johnson or Kelly or Grobe, he still has good candidates in Bo and TG!!

Good plan. Smart guy.

:bonez:bonez:bonez

The coach search needs to be a thoughtful process. We don't need a kneejerk Callahan-type decision. Recruiting timing is important, but making the right decision is more.

TO said he is still interviewing, that means TG and BO aren't his first choices or he'd be done.

They are great fallback choices however. If he can't land a top guy like Johnson or Kelly or Grobe, he still has good candidates in Bo and TG!!

Good plan. Smart guy.

:bonez:bonez:bonez

I don't think it means that at all. I think it means that he is looking at several option and will pick the best for the job. When your interviewing, you interview all, even if your first interviewer knocked your socks off, just to make sure they are the right ones.

If all the pelini rumors are true--

that he has already been hired and was the #1 choice.

There would be no reason to go through any kind of motions.

If not..

you interview as many potential candidates as possible because any one of them is a potential hire.

Otherwise, you are wasting time and money. TO wouldn't waste either.

:bonez