I'm Glad We Didn't Hear Anything Today

The coach search needs to be a thoughtful process. We don't need a kneejerk Callahan-type decision. Recruiting timing is important, but making the right decision is more.

If you remeber correctly Callahan was't a kneejerk type reaction, we HAD to settle for Bill because no one else would come here! Pud ran off Solich and failed to realize that the Husker family wanted Bo. Another not so great moment of Puds career here!

The coach search needs to be a thoughtful process. We don't need a kneejerk Callahan-type decision. Recruiting timing is important, but making the right decision is more.

You should have gave Ole' Miss that advice

ole miss was damn lucky to get nutt.....they did well and they were smart to move fast and get him too!

Callahan wasn't a knee-jerk decision. It took over a month if I remember correctly, and he was Pederson's what like 3rd choice?

But yeah, I am a bit relieved. This weekend I was so damn anxious I wanted TO to announce it on Monday morning. But after a couple days to cool off, I understand the importance of making a decision quickly (for recruiting, reassuring current players).. but we don't want to jump the gun. I think a week or two would be a good time frame. I'm hoping the new coach is announced next week sometime.

Whoever it is, and whenever it's announced.. I'll rally behind whoever TO picks.

If you remeber correctly Callahan was't a kneejerk type reaction, we HAD to settle for Bill because no one else would come here! Pud ran off Solich and failed to realize that the Husker family wanted Bo. Another not so great moment of Puds career here!

I guess that's what I meant. Callahan was just a bad decision, but hopefully, we're taking our time.

Perhaps Nutt resigned from his post at Arkansas with the sole purpose of taking the Ole Miss job and Ole Miss fired Orgeron with the intention of hiring Nutt when he became available. That maneuver backfired on Pederson 4 years ago.

Perhaps Nutt resigned from his post at Arkansas with the sole purpose of taking the Ole Miss job and Ole Miss fired Orgeron with the intention of hiring Nutt when he became available. That maneuver backfired on Pederson 4 years ago.

That may a spot on interpretation of exactly what went down!

Ole' Miss just thought they found a nugget on the ground as they were sniffing around. Can't blame an ole' dog for jumping on that.

I am also somewhat relieved that TO didn't name a coach today..... I really believed him that he said that he "hadn't" started a "search" as of Saturday.....I know, and understand that some things were happening behind the scenes, and that TO has some preconceived ideas.......

but, I am glad that TO may possibly be looking at more than just BP and TG....If TO really wants the best person, $$ should not be an issue here....TO needs to find the best possible candidate and pay whatever it takes....

For all we know, Bo may have signed, but is waiting until after the SEC game to announce.... but I really want TO to take a little time to see what is out there...

Did anyone hear that Gill's name is being mentioned for the Washington State job? (announced on 1620 the zone)...... maybe Gill is starting to get noticed outside of the state of Nebraska.....Did I hear earlier that Gill was named MAC coach of the year? I thought I heard that....could be wrong , or a joke on the radio.

ole miss was damn lucky to get nutt.....they did well and they were smart to move fast and get him too!

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

I thought it was funny that Pedey went to Chris Landry for consultation on who to hire and basically ignored him when he wasn't told what he wanted to hear when BC fell into his lap. BC was a total knee-jerk hire that came out of nowhere when BC made contact with us. Thanks again Pedey for that cluster**** recruiting process.

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

ok, who else was standing in line wanting to coach at Ole Miss?? oh yeah, cally is looking for a job, i almost forgot. :asshat

Ol' Miss was stupid to get rid of Cutcliffe because of one off season. His successor had nothing but those with his worst season still being better than what Orgeron was doing. I think Nutt is a solid hire by Ol' Miss standards. He won't get them a conference championship(if he couldn't do it at Ark he won't do it at Ol' Miss) but he'll get them back over the .500 mark again in a couple seasons.