When do blackshirts come back?

Hskr86

wondering... now that blackshirts have officially been taken off by the '07 team, and with new coaching (whoever that may be) needing to fully accept the 'Nebraska Way' as a prerequisite; exactly when and how is the blackshirt tradition reinstated?

probably just prior to the first game next season.

:yeah That's my guess.

...a little embellishment; wouldn't requiring a bit of 'earning' be a missed opportunity if they were once again simply given to the entire starting defense? (it's the 'earning' part i'm wondering about...)

The way they earn them back is by practicing their a$$es off and sacrificing their bodies for Nebraska. They also must get that "go ahead and try that play on me!" attitude back along with the swagger. I want to see guys jawing next season and hitting guys so hard their souls cry! Only then will I call them the Blackshirts.

wondering... now that blackshirts have officially been taken off by the '07 team, and with new coaching (whoever that may be) needing to fully accept the 'Nebraska Way' as a prerequisite; exactly when and how is the blackshirt tradition reinstated?

probably just prior to the first game next season.

:yeah That's my guess.

...a little embellishment; wouldn't requiring a bit of 'earning' be a missed opportunity if they were once again simply given to the entire starting defense? (it's the 'earning' part i'm wondering about...)

I agree with the earning thing. I have always felt that we shouldn't automatically have 11 "blackshirts" on the field. If we don't show 11, we don't have 11 IMO.

The way they earn them back is by practicing their a$$es off and sacrificing their bodies for Nebraska. They also must get that "go ahead and try that play on me!" attitude back along with the swagger. I want to see guys jawing next season and hitting guys so hard their souls cry! Only then will I call them the Blackshirts.

LOVE THAT! :clap

:yeah If the blackshirt tradition means anything at all than the defense will have to earn back the right to wear them. I will be extremely disappointed to see them handed out before a game has been played.

Remember what TO said in the presser..

Teams use to hate to play us, because they would feel it for 2-3 weeks after-

We need to get that back, that was our identity-

:yeah