I will bet this.....

Apathy

That this years spring game will have the biggest attendance in Husker History whether who gets the coaching job. I honestly could see more than 56K fans sitting and observing the new coaches technique on offense. A new coach coming in and people will be curious on what type of offense that this new coach will run. I'll be there for sure.

I agree, but it will have to be alot more than 56K to be the largest crowd though. I thought there had been a huge spring game a couple of years back and found that the 2005 game had 63K+. It would be nice to see it on TV again this year too beings I won't be able to make it.

GBR!!!

I agree, but it will have to be alot more than 56K to be the largest crowd though. I thought there had been a huge spring game a couple of years back and found that the 2005 game had 63K+. It would be nice to see it on TV again this year too beings I won't be able to make it.

GBR!!!

i think with pedey gone you will see more and more husker events on TV.. pedey was all about making the money by getting people in the stands, and i think TO will be more for exposure

it's definitely possible. you can bet that TO will market this next season hard, so it might just happen.

having tom osborne back is a big piece of the marketing scheme.

this is how it works...

1. bring back tom osborne
  2. hire [insert coach's name here]
  3. restore the order!!!
  4. NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

GBR!!!

i think with pedey gone you will see more and more husker events on TV.. pedey was all about making the money by getting people in the stands, and i think TO will be more for exposure

I agree that TO is all about exposure. The unfortunate thing is networks control ALOT of what is on TV. Maybe he will start to do more stuff with the local stations or Nebraska Television. I for one hope so.

They should just fill up the whole stadium because that would be a sight to see. :bonez

Correct me if Im wrong but wasnt the year the attendance record was set the year that no one was allowed to sit in the north stadium because of the construction?

Was that 2004? That year was packed, as I recall. Everyone wanted to greet the new coach and see this WCO for themselves. I laughed so hard at the cheers that went up when the O lined up, then shifted. There was a huge cheer for a SHIFT! :)

All four of the Callahan years were pretty well-attended, by a few thousand at least over what we had been getting by the looks of things.

I think the 2007 Spring Game was a bit disappointing - we only had about 55,000 people there, and the stadium looked oddly empty.

I really hope that we at least get 70,000. That might seem unrealistic, but if we find a coach who can rally the fans, we could have a situation like Alabama had last year where everybody came out to support the new regime. We won't get 92,000 like they did, but I think more than anything, fans just want to believe again and feel some optimism. The spring game gives us a chance to rally those feelings.

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

This year was the first Red White Game we've missed in quite awhile (Same day as SATs, you'd think they could have found a better day.). I seem to remember the stadium being full every year, not to capacity, just a little more butt room. I know the yeat Solich took over the crowd was huge, they were dedicating the field as Tom Osborne Field.

...T_O_B

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez