I'm Dreaming of a Bo/Gill Christmas

Turner will not be giving up a HC position (especially MAC coach of the year) to become the OC, even here at Nebraska. Bo would not be willing to make a lateral move. Given that, we will not get both. Now you need to decide who you want more?

Me - of the two I want Turner Gill more.

But I am not sure one of the others being mentioned would not be a better idea?

I can honestly say I feel Turner would in fact return to NU even if it means taking what some percieve to a demotion and becoming "just the OC". I firmly believe Gill never wanted to leave Nebraska but the atmosphere Pederson and Callahan created left Gill with no other alternative but to leave so as not to witness those two destroying what he helped create. If given the chance, I think Gill would jump at the chance to return to Nebraska.

I can honestly say I feel Turner would in fact return to NU even if it means taking what some percieve to a demotion and becoming "just the OC". I firmly believe Gill never wanted to leave Nebraska but the atmosphere Pederson and Callahan created left Gill with no other alternative but to leave so as not to witness those two destroying what he helped create. If given the chance, I think Gill would jump at the chance to return to Nebraska.

Agree 100%. If things turn for the worse in Buffalo and Turner gets canned, he will be a long shot to find another job as good as OC at NU. He'll have the ultimate job security in Lincoln.

Just another way of looking at it.........

Anything could happen but I think Gill wants to go from one HC job to another. If not NU then perhaps he would look at a school like CSU.

Do you guys think that Osborne will hire the OC? I would think that most head coaches would want to make their own hiring decisions.

It could be a package deal. Bo and Gill worked together at Nebraska in 2003, and if they have a good relationship they may consent to work together in some capacity, in a deal brokered by TO.

That's pure speculation, and I'm just throwing that out there as one possibility.

That's who I'd like but whose opinion do you think T.O. listens to?

Also what will he base his decision on:

He's said Integrity, Knowing football, Understanding our idenity etc.

What else did I forget?

I can't wait!!!!!

Why would anyone want a HC with no experiance? Gill and Bo have 1 year of head coach exp between the 2 of them... and anyone thinking that Gill would be the OC for any coach we hire is an idiot. The head coach picks his assistants not the AD. Everyone should be praying for B.Kelly or J.Grobe

What else did I forget?

I can't wait!!!!!

Why would anyone want a HC with no experiance? Gill and Bo have 1 year of head coach exp between the 2 of them... and anyone thinking that Gill would be the OC for any coach we hire is an idiot. The head coach picks his assistants not the AD. Everyone should be praying for B.Kelly or J.Grobe

TO had zero years of HC experience prior to taking over at Nebraska.

What else did I forget?

I can't wait!!!!!

Good thing Devaney didn't think like that or we would have never gotten TO

TO had zero years of HC experience prior to taking over at Nebraska.

TO was Devaney's assistant coach...that's not even compairable to this situation. Hiring any head coach without experiance is a huge risk.

Totally different.

Coach Osborne was on staff and had ran the offense for a couple of years. Considered a diamond in the rough by all that knew him.

Gill may be that person, I agree.

Devaney had just won two NC's with TO calling the plays. Ther program was at the top.

We are not at the top now. We have fallen to the level of Baylors and Iowa States, we can not afford a total shot in the dark. We need proven results at the college level.

Unfortunately Turner has not proven that yet. Who ever the head coach is I would like to see Turner come back in some leadership capacity.