I'm Dreaming of a Bo/Gill Christmas

TO was Devaney's assistant coach...that's not even compairable to this situation. Hiring any head coach without experiance is a huge risk.
Well, you may not see how it's comparable, but I do.

It's a directly comparable situation, with the lone caveat that both Gill and Pelini have spent time outside this program since their respective tenures here at Nebraska.

That's who I'd like but whose opinion do you think T.O. listens to?

Also what will he base his decision on:

He's said Integrity, Knowing football, Understanding our idenity etc.

What else did I forget?

I can't wait!!!!!

Why would anyone want a HC with no experiance? Gill and Bo have 1 year of head coach exp between the 2 of them... and anyone thinking that Gill would be the OC for any coach we hire is an idiot. The head coach picks his assistants not the AD. Everyone should be praying for B.Kelly or J.Grobe

Good thing Devaney didn't think like that or we would have never gotten TO

How many years did it take TO to win a national championship? Will Nebraska fans be that patient this time? TO is obviously a great coach, but it seems like often times people forget that he was often the target of critics early in his tenure. Expectactions sometime seem to get very unrealistic.

How many years did it take TO to win a national championship? Will Nebraska fans be that patient this time? TO is obviously a great coach, but it seems like often times people forget that he was often the target of critics early in his tenure. Expectactions sometime seem to get very unrealistic.

It’s not just about winning the MNC, it’s about competing for it. TO was competing for the MNC early in his career. He should have won it in 1983, but Miami played a heck of a game against us.

The main issue people had with Callahan was that his team often was simply not competing. You’ll find that we’re very much a forgiving fan base if our players are giving their all every game, but still getting beat.

It’s not just about winning the MNC, it’s about competing for it. TO was competing for the MNC early in his career. He should have won it in 1983, but Miami played a heck of a game against us.

The main issue people had with Callahan was that his team often was simply not competing. You’ll find that we’re very much a forgiving fan base if our players are giving their all every game, but still getting beat.

Oh I certainly didn't mean to insinuate that Callahan shouldn't have been fired. He wasn't competing and he needed to go. I know I am beating dead horse, but I go back to the Solich firing. While he had some down years, I think it is hard to fire a coach with 9 wins, and I totally think a coach needs time to build his program. The great thing about Nebraska football was continuity and tradition. All of that was lost when Solich was fired. That was was the turning point for me on when I became more of a Mizzou fan. As a Mizzou fan, I have been a big fan of Pinkel because of his integrity and loyalty to his players, and I am so glad that he was given the time to develop his program. Now we will see if he is able to maintain a level of success. I for one am torn on whether going back to Nebraska tradition with someone like Turner Gill is the best thing to do or no, but I am sure TO will make a good decision.

That's who I'd like but whose opinion do you think T.O. listens to?

Also what will he base his decision on:

He's said Integrity, Knowing football, Understanding our idenity etc.

What else did I forget?

I can't wait!!!!!

Why would anyone want a HC with no experiance? Gill and Bo have 1 year of head coach exp between the 2 of them... and anyone thinking that Gill would be the OC for any coach we hire is an idiot. The head coach picks his assistants not the AD. Everyone should be praying for B.Kelly or J.Grobe

Good thing Devaney didn't think like that or we would have never gotten TO

There is more to it than an NC. I would love to have the NC every year. It's not realistic. Nebraska fans do have high expectations, we have gotten used to winning, that's why the last 4 years were so difficult. I also remember how many years there was a campaign to fire TO, but he had a winning record. I don't care if we got another 10 years without a NC, as long as the players show up, give 110%, knock other teams on their butts and we can dominate the conference again. If those things happen the NC will come. Turner and Bo both know about Nebraska expectations. But I'm on board for whoever TO hires, he knows way more about football then I could ever dream to know.

Expectations at Nebraska are always unrealistic. The nature of the beast.

Turner coming in would most likely make it easier, to accept losing seasons, but most on hear are already predicting a trip to the CCG next year and we do not even have a coach.

I hope we actually look for the best coach. I think Tom is, I am just worried about the money factor. We might get Pelin cheap, but he works for the 3rd highest paid coach in the country and if he wins he will demand a like salary very soon. Some think he is about Nebraska, I think he is about Bo and only Bo.

This program really hangs by what ever TO decides, I just hope he does a better job than he did on the last two. If he doesn't, the program that we love will be changed forever I am afraid. This is not a quick fix situation. We are down the rung quite aways, thanks to BC farther than we were.

But the right coach could made the difference. Hopefully we will know by the 2nd.

ANY ONE BUT BO!!!!!!!!!!

Turner coming in would most likely make it easier, to accept losing seasons, but most on hear are already predicting a trip to the CCG next year and we do not even have a coach.

I hope we actually look for the best coach. I think Tom is, I am just worried about the money factor. We might get Pelin cheap, but he works for the 3rd highest paid coach in the country and if he wins he will demand a like salary very soon. Some think he is about Nebraska, I think he is about Bo and only Bo.

This program really hangs by what ever TO decides, I just hope he does a better job than he did on the last two. If he doesn't, the program that we love will be changed forever I am afraid. This is not a quick fix situation. We are down the rung quite aways, thanks to BC farther than we were.

But the right coach could made the difference. Hopefully we will know by the 2nd.

ANY ONE BUT BO!!!!!!!!!!

On the last two? As far as I know Solich was his hand pick who is the other?

Oh I certainly didn't mean to insinuate that Callahan shouldn't have been fired. He wasn't competing and he needed to go. I know I am beating dead horse, but I go back to the Solich firing. While he had some down years, I think it is hard to fire a coach with 9 wins, and I totally think a coach needs time to build his program. The great thing about Nebraska football was continuity and tradition. All of that was lost when Solich was fired. That was was the turning point for me on when I became more of a Mizzou fan. As a Mizzou fan, I have been a big fan of Pinkel because of his integrity and loyalty to his players, and I am so glad that he was given the time to develop his program. Now we will see if he is able to maintain a level of success. I for one am torn on whether going back to Nebraska tradition with someone like Turner Gill is the best thing to do or no, but I am sure TO will make a good decision.

many were upset with him being fired(me included) and almost all were upset with the way it happened. also keep in mind that there is a lot going around that part of his firing had to do with ethical misconduct. I have heard this from a very reliable source, and have seen it posted on line many times

ANY ONE BUT BO!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry but I dont think solich was that bad. where do you think our program would be if he was still here with the staff he had his last season. I think we would be winning around 8-9 games a year and winning the north most years. I dont know if he would be getting us back to the level we were at in the 90's but I dont think he did a horrible job either.

I can honestly say I feel Turner would in fact return to NU even if it means taking what some percieve to a demotion and becoming "just the OC". I firmly believe Gill never wanted to leave Nebraska but the atmosphere Pederson and Callahan created left Gill with no other alternative but to leave so as not to witness those two destroying what he helped create. If given the chance, I think Gill would jump at the chance to return to Nebraska.

Yeah agreed on that he had to leave before the carnage with Pud and Crapahan got worse. I think if he did come back as OC, it would be short-lived. Someone will offer him a HC position I heard Washington State may look.

Also, both would essentially be co-coaches. Do you think both want the other top candidate breathing down their neck? If they could work together, I think it would be awesome for the program. Gill can recruit and he knows the tradition.

When I'm at Westroads waiting in line to see Santa. I'll ask him for that.......well and Heidi Klum haha

Scott

:bonez

Recruiting.

Never did it, didn't like it.

We keep talking about a 9-3 season. K-State, Missouri, and Texas all near or over 30 point losses. Some at home, but oh my god what a coach. Pulse=loss.

We will never know. But I think we would have been farther down the barrel than we are now. BC did not do us any favors other than put the best talent on the team in years. The next coach will have much easier job than he did because of him

Do you really believe Daily was going to work out and there wasn't another QB on campus. Lord was never allowed to take snaps while Ball Hog won his Hypsman. Many leadership problems on that staff. Too many to even begin discussing.

Recruiting.

Never did it, didn't like it.

We keep talking about a 9-3 season. K-State, Missouri, and Texas all near or over 30 point losses. Some at home, but oh my god what a coach. Pulse=loss.

We will never know. But I think we would have been farther down the barrel than we are now. BC did not do us any favors other than put the best talent on the team in years. The next coach will have much easier job than he did because of him

Do you really believe Daily was going to work out and there wasn't another QB on campus. Lord was never allowed to take snaps while Ball Hog won his Hypsman. Many leadership problems on that staff. Too many to even begin discussing.

but they were much improved from the 7 win club the year before, and I think they would have focused more on recruiting