You may not like it but they knew what they were getting into. Pederson told them not sign contracts for over one year. Solich disobeyed causing this problem. But they took the chance. You roll the dice in any move.

It shows a lack of judgement running rampant in the house hold I guess.

When you are a public figure you have to control your emotions, and your wife should follow your lead, and in his case I am sure she did.

That is a stumbling block and I am certain he is asked about it every single time. I know I would if I was hiriing him

And to believe the jobs are not won or lost due to spouses in the business world is naive at least. You have to be a company man and wife to win.

Reality.

BO has not changed.

Bo most likely will be fired by LSU if he does not get the job. He will not be the Head Coach at LSU, they feel he is not ready under any circumstance. He has authority problems. He has been passed over for few lesser Head Coaching jobs, for a reason. One most likely being the Gloves. If you can not control your wife, how can you control 100 plus kids.

He did more than just yell at Snyder, personally I have no problem with that.

But his defense here ranked pretty good, until he faced talent. When that happened he got beat and beat bad, very close to the points given up by KC. His defenses are good but until they run into talent, not so good.

But there are other problems that involve his ethics after departuren that continued for nearly a year while at Oklahoma.

We all seem to overlook them or are to new to know about them.

Unfortunately or fortunately we do not control his hiring. A very smart man that is fair and honest will. I trust he will do the right thing. The future of this program rides very heavily on who ever is hired. I just want the best out there. Bo Pelini is not even close.

Skersfan, you mention the "gloves" are you insinuating he hits his wife? If thats the case, I don't want a "wifebeater" coaching the Huskers!

BO has not changed.

Bo most likely will be fired by LSU if he does not get the job. He will not be the Head Coach at LSU, they feel he is not ready under any circumstance. He has authority problems. He has been passed over for few lesser Head Coaching jobs, for a reason. One most likely being the Gloves. If you can not control your wife, how can you control 100 plus kids.

He did more than just yell at Snyder, personally I have no problem with that.

But his defense here ranked pretty good, until he faced talent. When that happened he got beat and beat bad, very close to the points given up by KC. His defenses are good but until they run into talent, not so good.

But there are other problems that involve his ethics after departuren that continued for nearly a year while at Oklahoma.

We all seem to overlook them or are to new to know about them.

Unfortunately or fortunately we do not control his hiring. A very smart man that is fair and honest will. I trust he will do the right thing. The future of this program rides very heavily on who ever is hired. I just want the best out there. Bo Pelini is not even close.

Oops never mind, I know about the "gloves" the FU SP. So she has a mind of her own so what? I thought it was funny personally!

Scott

Oops never mind, I know about the "gloves" the FU SP. So she has a mind of her own so what? I thought it was funny personally!

Scott

The FU SP thing. How many times have the people on this board felt the same way. I like to welcome Mrs. Pelini to the board, I think she would be a wonderful member with great things to say. Her FU SP was classic.

:bonez

I disagree completely. Nebraska can't afford anther four year "trial run" on a coach. Are you hearing yourself? Give him a chance?? If it doesn't work out we'll move on?!?! The purpose of the search is to discern which person is THE right guy for the job. If the best we can do is find a guy who MIGHT be a good head coach, then we have problems. How can you make such a luke warm statement about someone and then say that he should be the head coach? The questions that surround Pelini are, in my opinion, all the information I need. If we give him a chance, his first chance, at being head coach and it doesn't work out, then we will be be looking at nearly a decade of bad football in Lincoln.

Not going to argue your point about taking our chances with a coach, but the bottom line here IMO, is no matter WHO Osborne hires, he, the Athletic Dept, we as fans and the university are taking our chances with the next coach. Doesn't matter what his resume looks like; he's still a risk.

Scott

The FU SP thing. How many times have the people on this board felt the same way. I like to welcome Mrs. Pelini to the board, I think she would be a wonderful member with great things to say. Her FU SP was classic.

FU SP? Please tell me what this is Baton Rouge is dying to know.

You may not like it but they knew what they were getting into. Pederson told them not sign contracts for over one year. Solich disobeyed causing this problem. But they took the chance. You roll the dice in any move.

It shows a lack of judgement running rampant in the house hold I guess.

When you are a public figure you have to control your emotions, and your wife should follow your lead, and in his case I am sure she did.

That is a stumbling block and I am certain he is asked about it every single time. I know I would if I was hiriing him

And to believe the jobs are not won or lost due to spouses in the business world is naive at least. You have to be a company man and wife to win.

Reality.

NO you don't. People don't hire or fire my husband because of me or my actions. I have never met any of my husbands potential employers until he landed the job. Then it was just a friendly gesture. And yes my husband is a professional and has a 4 year degree working on his Masters so before you go there that is covered.

I disagree completely. Nebraska can't afford anther four year "trial run" on a coach. Are you hearing yourself? Give him a chance?? If it doesn't work out we'll move on?!?! The purpose of the search is to discern which person is THE right guy for the job. If the best we can do is find a guy who MIGHT be a good head coach, then we have problems. How can you make such a luke warm statement about someone and then say that he should be the head coach? The questions that surround Pelini are, in my opinion, all the information I need. If we give him a chance, his first chance, at being head coach and it doesn't work out, then we will be be looking at nearly a decade of bad football in Lincoln.

Not going to argue your point about taking our chances with a coach, but the bottom line here IMO, is no matter WHO Osborne hires, he, the Athletic Dept, we as fans and the university are taking our chances with the next coach. Doesn't matter what his resume looks like; he's still a risk.

Agreed...unfortunately coach searches aren't an exact science. I does seem as though Pelini might come with higher risk than others. High risk-high reward. Could be the choice of the decade...could be a huge bust. I'm not sure high stakes is the way to go. I think I'm am personally comfortable with a lower risk situation. Low risk can still equal high reward...

So you dont like BO but you have yet to say who you think would be a good coach for us... 6 years ago as an DC he had his issue with Snyder, that was 6 years ago, so dont you think maybe just maybe he has grown a little bit?? Plus again he was the DC not the head coach things change a little when your the man in charge.. BO brings fire to this team that we lacked this year.. We give him a chance to show what he's got an if it doesnt work out then it doesnt and we move on.. Thats better then bringin a husker legend in an if he fails then his legency is forever gone.. Will Bo make some more mistakes hell yes he will but I think he will learn from them.. Unlike you I will back whoever TO picks no matter if I agree with it or not cause I am a true Husker fan and just because I dont like a coach doesnt mean I as you said it "Lose Interest"!! True fans stick by there team!!!!!

Also, to not hire Turner Gill because of his legacy makes absolutely no sense. First of all, it is HIS legacy, not anyone else's. If he wants to put it on the line, then that is his decision. If protecting his legacy was most important, then he wouldn't interview for the position. I'm not saying that Gill's legacy is a reason to hire him either, just that it shouldn't be held against him.

Ohhh I am sorry that you are naive enough to think that this next coach is just going to solve all the problems at Nebraska.. The next coach may not be the guy, so some how get your mind wrapped around that fact we could be looking for another coach in 4-5 years no matter who it is.. Yea saying if this next coach doesnt work we will have to move on and find someone else, how else do you suppose I look at it?? I cant nor can anyone else expect it to work out, its out of our hands.. All I am saying is I like BO I believe he made mistakes, but I think he has learned from those mistakes and can be a good coach.. Who else is ever going to have the chance BO will have to be guided under the great TO... Plus remember TO said it himself BO reminds him of BD..

I will agree with you about Gill it is his choice to make and it is his legacy, I just dont want to see the fans rip him apart like some did with BC.. I really like Gill just dont want to see anything bad happen to him like that.. I trust in TO to make the right choice so whoever that is I will back... Its all opinions I have mine an you have yours..

:yeah:yeah Thank you thats all I am saying we cant predict the future!!

Scott

FU SP? Please tell me what this is Baton Rouge is dying to know.

Yeah, what the heck happened? I'm confused.

Do a search. I rarely, and I stress rarely, ever post up a new topic. All I was insinuating is that after reading through all of this I find it odd that no one picked up on his little one liner about Pelini coaching at Nebraska for two years. However, they were quick to jump all over one another about being pro or con for Pelini.

Do a search. I rarely, and I stress rarely, ever post up a new topic. All I was insinuating is that after reading through all of this I find it odd that no one picked up on his little one liner about Pelini coaching at Nebraska for two years. However, they were quick to jump all over one another about being pro or con for Pelini.

I actually caught it when I initially read it but didn't give it a second thought thinking this guy just made a typo