Why should we care about "your source?" Who is your source?

Tell us some names or don't expect us to give you any more credence than any of the other potzers posting stories here.

His name is Dan and he works with the brother of a booster. I dont believe half the things he tells me, however I post any tidbit of information I can hear.

Supposedly there is a section in the Cane Mutiny book that describes how, when Butch Davis left, there were so many all-americans on Miami's team they felt they could cruise to a national championship. So they went to the AD and requested Coker be moved up to coach bc/ they wanted someone they could control that wouldn't change the system.

Say what you want about Larry Coker, but he is a good coach. Butch Davis is an outstanding coach that brought in outstanding talent. However, who won the hardware. Coker also brought in some very good talent. One of his recruiting classes ranked in the top 5. I'm really not quite sure what happened down in Miami, but I do know it didn't happen because of lack of talent. If you ever watch them play, you can see they have a lot of speed. They just don't play with any sort of consistency. Solich and Coker could easily be compared. When they were both at the respective schools that fired them, they each had a very good winning percentage. Each were fired after playing for (Solich) and winning (Coker) a NC. Neither were given proper time, IMO. Having said all of that, I don't want either one of them on the sideline next year here.

The 01 Miami-team had INSANE-talent, way more than any other team in the country. Keeping that boat on-course a year wasn't a huge accomplishment. As time went on(became more his team) Miami got progressively worse. Coker got to revamp and it still did nothing. At least Solich can say his team got better once they got rid of the dead-wood. Coker's team actually got worse.

He isn't a bad coach but he isn't the guy for this job. Send him to SMU, Duke, or something.