for what its worth from ESPN.com

Not a big fan of Patterson...don't know why, just ain't

agree.

Grobe is like 100 years old why is this guy even being talked about.. Neb needs someone that will be around in 5 years, someone that can go on the road an recruit, someone that can get out there on the practice field an say this is how you do this and show the players and not have a heart attack.. I dont get it the man is too old!!!

Actually he is 55 years old, two years younger than Osborne was when he won his first National Championship. Should we have gotten rid of Osborne and gone to a younger coach in 1992? I'm assuming you must be under 16 years old.

Nebraska A source close to Wake Forest indicated that coach Jim Grobe interviewed with Nebraska in Atlanta on Nov. 26. The source thinks Grobe has a good shot at the job. Apparently, LSU defensive coordinator Bo Pelini didn't knock A.D. Tom Osborne's socks off during the interview and doesn't feel good about it. Buffalo coach Turner Gill looks like he's the Cornhuskers' guy, and Nebraska is trying to keep offensive coordinator Shawn Watson. The school will also interview Brian Kelly from Cincinnati and perhaps TCU's Gary Patterson.

Chris Mortensen also claimed that a source close to Monte Kiffin said he was interviewing for the job, Kiffin later said it was ridiculous. On something like this, ESPN knows very little.

Chris Mortensen also claimed that a source close to Monte Kiffin said he was interviewing for the job, Kiffin later said it was ridiculous. On something like this, ESPN knows very little.

Exactly. If I had a dime for every time one of their "experts" or "insiders" was wrong I could pay off the North Stadium project.

Um, isn't Grobe in his 50's? Does he have some sort of terminal illness or something we're not privvy to? The guy will be around in 5 years. I'm guessing there's a better chance of Mangino having a hear attack in the next 5 years over Grobe.

55 to be exact so not 100, but older then all the other coachs that have been talked about. Plus he has a 10 year contract with Wake which you cant expect Neb to pay off.. Dont see it stop the crap!!

You don't have any idea how contracts work, do you? Nebraska wouldn't have to pay 10 years of his contract. I'd be willing to bet there is already a buy-out amount in the contract, and even if there weren't, they would negotiate one. Who would want a coach that resents his school for restricting him from going to another job?

Grobe is like 100 years old why is this guy even being talked about.. Neb needs someone that will be around in 5 years, someone that can go on the road an recruit, someone that can get out there on the practice field an say this is how you do this and show the players and not have a heart attack.. I dont get it the man is too old!!!

Grobe will be 56 next February.

Honestly, have you never heard of Google? Do you not grasp how to do basic research?

How hard is it to just go check something before you make a total fool out of yourself?

Didnt need to research it cause I know he isnt 100 years old.. All I was sayin is would prefer someone younger.. Everyone wants a coach that will be around for awhile an do you think this guy will be around that long?? No

55 to be exact so not 100, but older then all the other coachs that have been talked about. Plus he has a 10 year contract with Wake which you cant expect Neb to pay off.. Dont see it stop the crap!!

You don't have any idea how contracts work, do you? Nebraska wouldn't have to pay 10 years of his contract. I'd be willing to bet there is already a buy-out amount in the contract, and even if there weren't, they would negotiate one. Who would want a coach that resents his school for restricting him from going to another job?

I'm guessing NEHUSKERS is in his middle teens by the way he views things.

Nebraska must be viewed a little different if you put much stock in what you hear. First, we are led to believe fans won't accept Turner Gill due to race discrimination. Now after reading some here, it appears that we're guilty of age discrimination. While I'm not in favor of offering Joe Pa. a contract, I see no reason to believe a man of 55 years of age couldn't be around for well over a decade here.

Grobe will be 56 next February.

Honestly, have you never heard of Google? Do you not grasp how to do basic research?

How hard is it to just go check something before you make a total fool out of yourself?

Didnt need to research it cause I know he isnt 100 years old.. All I was sayin is would prefer someone younger.. Everyone wants a coach that will be around for awhile an do you think this guy will be around that long?? No

I find it absolutely hilarious that you think 55 is "old." You haven't been around long, have you? So what, do people drop dead at 57 in your world?

agree.

Actually he is 55 years old, two years younger than Osborne was when he won his first National Championship. Should we have gotten rid of Osborne and gone to a younger coach in 1992? I'm assuming you must be under 16 years old.

We werent looking for a coach in 92 now were we... TO had been with the program how long?? Thats right long enough to have everything in place an wasent just starting out like Grobe would be... I dont see why you are defending something that will never happen in the first place.. He had a good year at Wake last year but hasent done much since or before that...

agree.

Not that I agree Grobe's age is a huge issue, but there's a difference between someone who would be starting his career here, at the age of 55; and firing a guy who had been a head coach here for 20+ years at the age of 55

No wrong not close to teens sorry to disappoint you .. You most have a hard on for me or something cause I just gave my opinion an you cant stop talking about it.. Sorry dont swing that way...

No wrong not close to teens sorry to disappoint you .. You most have a hard on for me or something cause I just gave my opinion an you cant stop talking about it.. Sorry dont swing that way...

And I'm the Pope. :)

For your sake I hope you're a teenager, because if you think like that and type like that and you're an adult, you're going to have a very difficult life ahead of you.

You're a classy one aren't you. I think you just proved knapplc's point.