Who do you want as HC

Who do you want for HC?  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Interesting results. I think it would have been different just a few days ago.

I'm a Pelini fan...he's the guy I would rather have on my side, not playing against him. If we don't choose him, he will take another HC job and he will be very successful. When that happens, everyone here will say, "hmm, we should've hired him ourselves." He's that guy that has the "it" factor...and I'd rather him be OUR guy not someone else's...IMHO.

I'd put Grobe first - like what he's done at WF. Coached a game in Lincoln, coached ZT for a year. So of any outsider, he's probably got the best handle on our culture.

Gill - Great improvement at Buffalo, and of course, character beyond reproach. Would GO to Tom for advice.

After that it muddies:

Bo - fire and intensity, for sure. How manageable? Polished enough? Willing to listen?

Johnson is next - but what about defense?

Kelly - stock is rising.

I'd consider even Watson.

I don't think either Kiffen is a real serious option at this point. Could change; but doubtful.

As a guy who's team has lost to Wake more than not in the last few years for the first time in the thirty-five years that I've cared who won, I think that Grobe would be an awesome fit for you guys. He's honest as the day is long, his teams always overachieve by playing fundamentally-sound mistake-free football, he runs a ground scheme that will always keep your D leaning the wrong way, and his teams pass the ball enough to keep you guessing. At Nebraska he'd have the resources to build the program of which he's capable. You could not POSSIBLY make a better choice.