This all hinges on the final interview on Sunday

with Paul Johnson. He's not interviewing until after the Army-Navy game.

Kelly's not coming because apparently he hasn't been interviewed (denies contact). If he was interested, an interview would have happened.

Pelini and Gill have both been interviewed. Grobe has been interviewed. I am sure TO already has in his mind which of these three it will be if he doesn't rank Johnson higher.

So it comes down to these four, and it's anyone's guess which it will be.

Just my opinion I could be wrong.

I thought the SEC Title game was the holdup. I guess it makes sense for the Army/Navy game to be a sticking point, though.

I guess this kind of shoots my “TO is waiting for Pelini to be done with the SEC Title game” theory.

I’ve said before, I’m torn on who to hope for as our HC. The one thing I’m really glad about is that we seem to be interviewing a lot of candidates. That’s totally cool.

Good theory. Thanks!

Kelly's not coming because apparently he hasn't been interviewed (denies contact). If he was interested, an interview would have happened.

Pelini and Gill have both been interviewed. Grobe has been interviewed. I am sure TO already has in his mind which of these three it will be if he doesn't rank Johnson higher.

Last I heard, NU has permission to contact Kelly but he hasn't been contacted as of yet.

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion about Kelly. Neb is using an agency for a reason. I doubt they asked for permission to talk to Kelly if he had no interest. Plus it looks like Mich is going after Miles so Kelly is not front-runner for that gig. Kelly could be blowing-smoke for the sake of recruiting. If he doesn't get the job he doesn't want it getting around he was shot-down or looking around for another gig.

I do think Pelini is going to be the man, but I can't help thinking that other coaches that we aren't aware of might be interviewed. It's just kind of funny that since T.O. became AD we have all been thinking:

Pelini

Gill

Grobe

Johnson

Kelly

and it appears that those are the exact names that T.O. is talking with. I keep thinking there might be a surprise name somewhere.

Aren't you the "I took a sh#t next to Jim Grobe" guy?

I haven't heard any news on Miles to Michigan. From what I have heard/read the univeristy is very high on lloyd carr and will honor his requests. Miles and Carr are not close after some coments last year is what I heard. I do not remember what it was about.

Where did you hear Miles was going to Michigan recently?