Sources: Nebraska to name LSU defensive coordinator Pelini as coach

This is what I was expecting to happen, but I was hoping the announcement would come Sunday (have to work on Monday).

Exciting! I'm ready for the new era to begin!

Go Big Red!

Thats because they are all in the rumor section! ;)

That's because the pool boy told them or somthing :)

i think Bo will be fine at NU. there are some who will disagree, but honestly for the sake of the program we need to get behind this guy and support our kids, after all this is TO's pick and i support him.

finally, i am somewhat anxious to see who his OC will be. if Miles leaves LSU i wonder if he will bring in a colleague?

This is what I was expecting to happen, but I was hoping the announcement would come Sunday (have to work on Monday).

Exciting! I'm ready for the new era to begin!

Go Big Red!

Please note that an announcement has not come out yet. This is ESPN reporting according to multiple sources. TO wouldn't allow an announcement to come out on the eve of the LSU game. I'm sure he's not happy that this is being reported in the distraction it might cause to the LSU players.

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

There are 3 coaches I would be extremely happy with and one more (the one TO picks) who will also make m happy. Until TO says it everything is Crap.

...T_O_B

...T_O_B :bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

I don't know. Say what you want about ESPN, but they are usually pretty good about not reporting a story unless they are very confident about it. It's not like it's Matt Perrault breaking this news. People could lose their jobs if they're wrong about this kind of stuff, so I'm thinking it's probably accurate.

Complaining? Knee-jerk reactions do happen, and that's fine. I'm not a Pelini fan, but will be on board if that is who TO hires.

It says source, not credible source. It also doesn't say "source says Gill turns down job, Huskers offer it to Pelini". That could be as much of a valid case as well.

Nothing is set in stone. It's all still speculation of opinions.

GBR