Sources: Nebraska to name LSU defensive coordinator Pelini as coach

I am rooting for Pelini, just look at that defense this year with all that NFL talent....lmao Even Alabama hung 30+ on them and they have an offense almost as bad as our own. Alabama, Kentucky, and Arkansas all hung 30+ on a team that was supposed to rival the '92 Crimson Tide defense. Good luck, you might be begging for Callahan back in a couple of years. I cannot believe Tom would not think twice about Grobe or Johnson, that decision will come back to haunt you guys.

You mean the defense that is third in the nation in total defense?

:asshat

I am rooting for Pelini, just look at that defense this year with all that NFL talent....lmao Even Alabama hung 30+ on them and they have an offense almost as bad as our own. Alabama, Kentucky, and Arkansas all hung 30+ on a team that was supposed to rival the '92 Crimson Tide defense. Good luck, you might be begging for Callahan back in a couple of years. I cannot believe Tom would not think twice about Grobe or Johnson, that decision will come back to haunt you guys.

And don't forget our offense that scored 50+ the last 3 games. 50 > 30....right???

Here's an idea. Why doesn't everyone just name their favorite DC, then the rest of us can go back and look up how bad they got torched in their career. I guess we all forget about the torchings McBride took at the hands of Georgia Tech, Miami, FSU, etc. in bowl games. LSU has NFL players now huh? What about the annointed NC at the beginning of the season, USC? You talk a lot of smack considering you guys lost to ISU.

If i remember correctly Kentucky went into 3OT. They scored 26 in regulation.

Arkansas went into 3OT. They scored 28 in regulation.

Nebraska let over 30 in 8 of its games this year. (49, 40, 41, 45, 36, 76, 31, 65)

If Pelini is indeed our new HC.... i think its going to be an upgrade.

It says The Sporting News confirms it, but it does not mention how, where, or with who. Sorry, but that article's info could easily have been taking from a messageboard. There is nothing that backs it up. Still speculation.

It says...

LSU defensive coordinator Bo Pelini will be the next Nebraska head coach, Sporting News has confirmed.

Sporting News wouldnt risk its reputation on a rumor....

or would it? :o

How are they exactly confirming it? You can read it through and through (I did) and still get no source to give it credibility. It's basically a rumor copied from ESPN in a race to get the news out. All the stuff in that article is fluff. No source is cited from anyone directly involved. Since ESPN did the same thing but reported it first, it takes the risk factor out for SN.

Sporting News Pelini to NU

lol... dude.. LSU's defense would have crushed your offense. And nobodu on your defense could even make LSU's scout team. :lol:

Yeah, that defense that choked time and again when things got tight. Bo Pelini isn't even considered the best DC in the SEC, many southern media outlets regard Will Muschamp to be a better DC.

Yeah, that defense that choked time and again when things got tight. Bo Pelini isn't even considered the best DC in the SEC, many southern media outlets regard Will Muschamp to be a better DC.

This just in! Rick Neuheisel is replacing Coach Hawkins! Beach Buffs...you can safely take your sweater vest out of the closet, grab your guitar and go down to the handholding kumbaya singalong with Neuheisel!!! Happy days are here again!!! :rollin:clap:rollin:clap:rollin:clap

lol... dude.. LSU's defense would have crushed your offense. And nobodu on your defense could even make LSU's scout team. :lol:

Now that's a pretty goofy statement considering we have a linebacker who is a finalist for the Butkus award.

I highly doubt pelini will let the huskers be the laughing stock of the big 12 if he does come heres i bet theirs gonna be alotta sh#t changeing im sure of that I BET he brings the huskers back 2 winning the big 12 titles and you can MARK my words on that :nanalama

That's a pretty bold statement considering you have teams like Oklahoma, Texas, Missouri, and Kansas in the way.