Bo Pelini is more then likely going to be announced as coach at 4 and i am nevous about it. He has an unproven record in my book and very little nebraska ties. I do believe that he is a great defensive co and would be a great asset in a role such as that but as headcoach im leary. I trust TO though and know he didnt come to this decison based on fans opinions. He did it because he believes he is the best man for the job. I still think turner gill would be better but i have no coaching experience so i half to rely on the greatest coach of all time to trust the decision makeing.

The one thing i do hope is that the naysayers dont think tom choose bo because of his skincolor. There are people out there like that. Think about a bunch of nebraksans want only a white coach as a leader.

What the hell New T Shirt Idea

Bo Knows

Nebraska

Being from NE or having NE ties doesn't qualify anyone as a football expert. I do understand the spirit of what you're saying. The tradition we've all been accustomed to for decades etc. The Devaney to Osborne eras were an wonderful anomoly....as the brief Solich era taught us.

We are not going to be able to roll from coach to coach internally anymore. Pelini at least has some experience here. He "gets" us, was very well liked, was a hellatious motivator, and knows the game.

We'll have to wait & see if it's true, but some of the names being thrown around with his like Sanders and Cotton provide plenty of NE history/ties.

Maybe not overnight, but I think this will prove to be a good choice.

BO KNOWS DEFENSE!

:box:box:box

:bonez

Whoever comes to Nebraska will be an unproven commodity for Husker Football. I don’t care what their previous experience is. Whether it is Bo Pelini, Turner Gill, Paul Johnson or whoever.

Until they embrace Huskerland and have a chance to implement what ever system they have in mind nobody knows what the coaches will be like or what kind of results they will have.

I think that given the background of all of the coaches who have been mentioned they all bring certain qualifications to the table and stand a very good chance of restoring Nebraska to a respectable force in college football.

I am just glad this whole thing is over and I want to wish the new staff the best of luck!!!!

GO BIG RED!!!!!

He is the one that set the price stucture. On another board they set the price guide lines of what we could afford. No more than a 1.2 million. No funds to pay more with the buy outs of Peterson and Callahan.

And Tom does not feel a coach should be paid that much, he has already stated it. My guess is we got Pelini for a million or less. With win incentives.

He makes less than any of the ones interviewd. He would jump on extra half million plus. We got what we couod afford.

I hope it turns out, but my gut feeling is this will be the worst thing that has ever happened to Nebraska football. And I doubt it takes long for it to start. Look for Dillard to be gone with in a day or two. He hates Pelini.

He is the one that set the price stucture. On another board they set the price guide lines of what we could afford. No more than a 1.2 million. No funds to pay more with the buy outs of Peterson and Callahan.

And Tom does not feel a coach should be paid that much, he has already stated it. My guess is we got Pelini for a million or less. With win incentives.

He makes less than any of the ones interviewd. He would jump on extra half million plus. We got what we couod afford.

I hope it turns out, but my gut feeling is this will be the worst thing that has ever happened to Nebraska football. And I doubt it takes long for it to start. Look for Dillard to be gone with in a day or two. He hates Pelini.

I thought you were leaving...did you forget something?

Oh its about color. No question.

Green, and the little bit we had to pay.

absurd. what does TO care about money?

He better care to some extent...he is in charge of the entire Athletic program...

ok let me rephrase that since, for some unknown reason, it was not crystal clear. why would TO make a decision solely based on the salary of the coach? esp since his ENTIRE department is basically funded by the football program, and those funds are directly related to the success of the football program? to suggest that we simply went with the cheapest coach, esp when TO has said NUMEROUS TIMES that money was not a big deal, is absurd