I am afraid that my Nebraska fan career is nearly over.

Never in my life time did I think I could ever say that.

If Pelini becomes the face of Nebraska, I can not support it. Under any circumstance.

People like you make me f'ing SICK. I imagine you were one of those kids who grew up and didn't get your way then you cried and whined until you got it? Theres NO reason why anyone should say this is a bad pick. Pelini is a PROVEN defensive coordinator, a PROVEN motivator, and a true players coach. If you stop supporting the Huskers becuase of this then I believe the fan base is better off without you. f'ing pathetic.

You could say the same thing about any of the canidates. I had my doubts about gill as well. Lets be truly honest with eachother. Can we really trust anyone. We had osborne who handed it over to solich who was sold out buy the Ad for callahan.

People wanted gill because they dont want to go through what they did with callahan. No history with the team. Not understanding the history behind what it means to head the football program for this state.

People want bo because of his passion and fire for defence. As a motovator and what he did in 2003

Hell no one is going to be happy and like i said when i posted this im nervous but i would be with anyone. Its kinda like being in a relationship. Consider Osborne the first wife who had to leave. So then we get stuck with trashy girlfriends who dont get the job done. Now were just starting off in a new relationship. Were nervous not quite sure if we can let go and trust this person with our heart. We dont know if we can let this person run what we hold so dear. It is a chance but we must take it. If you dont like bo thats fine because i dont know if i like him either. But believe in him and support him because he is what we have right now.

ben

There is not a coach on the planet who would be the perfect choice. Pelini isn't the perfect choice, but neither is Gill. However, I do think Pelini is the best choice at this time.

As for Nebraska ties... yes, understanding and apreciating Nebraska tradition is important, but I also think it's import to have learned other ways of doing things. Pelini brings both of those things to the table and I for one am very excited about the future of Husker football!

I think most of us would be nervous no matter who the next coach is. Pelini seems to be very driven and confident, I'm sure he will assemble a quality staff and solidify a nice recruiting class.

Another thing, I don't he'll be shy about utilizing Dr. Tom's knowledge and insight like the previous coach.

Let's just sit back and see where we go. I'm excited.

I think most of us would be nervous no matter who the next coach is. Pelini seems to be very driven and confident, I'm sure he will assemble a quality staff and solidify a nice recruiting class.

Another thing, I don't he'll be shy about utilizing Dr. Tom's knowledge and insight like the previous coach.

Good point about using Tom's knowledge.

Bo learned a lot from Stoops no doubt, and Stoops wasn't shy about inviting Switzer to hang around the program. I think Bo will do the same thing.

Bo learned a lot from Stoops no doubt, and Stoops wasn't shy about inviting Switzer to hang around the program. I think Bo will do the same thing.

I think Bo will do this as well.

He may not be from Nebraska, but I believe that he will respect the tradition of Nebraska as much as a native would

I think Bo will do this as well.

He may not be from Nebraska, but I believe that he will respect the tradition of Nebraska as much as a native would

Exactly, he and his family are not from here but THEY WANT to be! They want to be a part of the history of Nebraska Football and I sure don't want to be the linebacker who just holds on to the o-lineman and watches the other team walk into the endzone! No water fights and half-days for you young man! Go Bo!!

Bo was NOT my first choice, but once agian, like everyone on this board, I was not asked, nor did I sit in on interviews.........

I want to know if anyone knows for a FACT that TO did NOT choose Turner........ I have said this on many, many threads.....it could be very possible that Turner didn't want the job at this point.....

TO talks to Turner every week.... they are best friends and collegues....I have a hard time thinking that TO would look Turner straight in the eye and say, I am not going to give you a shot my friend..... better yet, I think Turner MIGHT have said, "timing isn't right...After I finish what I started here, I'll be ready the next time around".......and anyone who thinks there won't be a next time around isn't thinking realistically...

Now, when TO comes out and says "I chose Bo OVER Turner, then I will join those who are saying TO made a bad decision...but until then, I truly think that just maybe, there is more to the story that we don't know.

Bo Pelini is more then likely going to be announced as coach at 4 and i am nevous about it. He has an unproven record in my book and very little nebraska ties. I do believe that he is a great defensive co and would be a great asset in a role such as that but as headcoach im leary. I trust TO though and know he didnt come to this decison based on fans opinions. He did it because he believes he is the best man for the job. I still think turner gill would be better but i have no coaching experience so i half to rely on the greatest coach of all time to trust the decision makeing.

The one thing i do hope is that the naysayers dont think tom choose bo because of his skincolor. There are people out there like that. Think about a bunch of nebraksans want only a white coach as a leader.

What the hell New T Shirt Idea

Bo Knows

Nebraska

I'm nervous too and was disapponted because I wanted Turner Gill as our next head coach. However, as my husband pointed out, Dr. Tom picked the coach HE thought was best. If Gill had been the best then Coach O would've picked him. Dr. Tom knew what was best for Gill AND Gill might've shared with Dr. Tom that he wanted to stay at Buffalo and wasn't ready to move on to a bigger responsibility as well. THAT made me feel so much better.

So if it is indeed Bo, then welcome home. If it's Turner, I can say the same thing, Welcome Home! (One can always hope! :)

Thanks everyone for such great discussion. This board is da bomb!

Why does Dillard "hate " Bo so much...... I think Dillard was the only tough SOB on defense this year......

but guess what....if he doesn't like it......C'ya......transfer out and we will move foreward without ya !!!!

Players who want to play will play.....players who don't like it will leave...

They are players.....not decision makers.....No way in hell, should we hire a guy based on whether or not this guy or this guy will be HAPPY...

Hell, if Dillard is a real LB and FB player, he should be excited to get a defensive minded HC here....not that I am on the Bo bandwangon, cause I'm not....just don't push the whole ......players will leave excuse...

He is good, but not THAT GOOD.... Don't lose any sleep over it.

If Pelini becomes the face of Nebraska, I can not support it. Under any circumstance.

Clearly Tom should have called you before making his decision.

Why does Dillard "hate " Bo so much...... I think Dillard was the only tough SOB on defense this year......

but guess what....if he doesn't like it......C'ya......transfer out and we will move foreward without ya !!!!

Players who want to play will play.....players who don't like it will leave...

They are players.....not decision makers.....No way in hell, should we hire a guy based on whether or not this guy or this guy will be HAPPY...

Hell, if Dillard is a real LB and FB player, he should be excited to get a defensive minded HC here....not that I am on the Bo bandwangon, cause I'm not....just don't push the whole ......players will leave excuse...

He is good, but not THAT GOOD.... Don't lose any sleep over it.

I think he was saying Dillard hates Bo because Dillard said Bo talked down about Nebraska when he was at OU recruiting Dillard.

When someone brought this allegation up to Bo, bo said Dillard was just mad that he wasn't playing at OU.

Other than that...no tension.

LOL.

Somebody call a waaaambulance.

Your fanship isn't coming to an end my friend, because it's obvious from that little piece of regurgitated fortune cookie bullsh#t you just wrote that it probably never began, or ended a very, very long time ago. Fanship is no respecter of persons. I wasn't a fan of Bill Callahan the last half of this season, and the players even pissed me off, but I'll die a Husker, come hell or high water. I'd never let a coaching decision ruin that, especially not when the decision came down from Tom Osborne, a man for whom we should all have a great deal of respect, football successes aside.

But that's fine. Take your ball and go home.

X

Husker x.....although I don't always agree with ya..... I think this is one of your best.....hit the nail on the head.... I would like to think that all of us share your exact thoughts......this is why, even if we don't always agree on some issues, we all have the same goal in mind.........

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

I share your feelings about this hire if it is true. The solace I have is that Ozzie will be there to mentor Bo for the next few years. Bo has a fire in his gut, his players love him. Is he rough around the edges, sure but I'm not sure that at this point in time that is detremental to our situation. Hopefully Ozzie's has extended his wing, and hopefully Bo is to coach under it for a few years.

>>>T_O_B :bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez