He is the one that set the price stucture. On another board they set the price guide lines of what we could afford. No more than a 1.2 million. No funds to pay more with the buy outs of Peterson and Callahan.

And Tom does not feel a coach should be paid that much, he has already stated it. My guess is we got Pelini for a million or less. With win incentives.

He makes less than any of the ones interviewd. He would jump on extra half million plus. We got what we couod afford.

I hope it turns out, but my gut feeling is this will be the worst thing that has ever happened to Nebraska football. And I doubt it takes long for it to start. Look for Dillard to be gone with in a day or two. He hates Pelini.

I thought you were leaving...did you forget something?

Whether he leaves or goes is his decision. Stay on topic.

Whoever comes to Nebraska will be an unproven commodity for Husker Football. I don’t care what their previous experience is. Whether it is Bo Pelini, Turner Gill, Paul Johnson or whoever.

Until they embrace Huskerland and have a chance to implement what ever system they have in mind nobody knows what the coaches will be like or what kind of results they will have.

I think that given the background of all of the coaches who have been mentioned they all bring certain qualifications to the table and stand a very good chance of restoring Nebraska to a respectable force in college football.

I am just glad this whole thing is over and I want to wish the new staff the best of luck!!!!

GO BIG RED!!!!!

Remember also that Bob Devaney once handed the program over to someone with no HC experience....and it eventually worked out. Hang tight, folks. This will be ok.

I am afraid that my Nebraska fan career is nearly over.

Never in my life time did I think I could ever say that.

If Pelini becomes the face of Nebraska, I can not support it. Under any circumstance.

Way to go..We know that we can count on your support.

Bo was the right pick for the job. It was TO number #1 pick, that is why he went to meet with just a week ago today, if had wanted Gill in here he would have went to met with him first, all the others names were just to throw media off track.

And yes you can take that to the bank, and cash it.

If Pelini becomes the face of Nebraska, I can not support it. Under any circumstance.

don't you think you might just be being a little overdramatic about this?

just a bit

see you guys later, then

probably when you come crawling back

Don't let the door hit ya!!!! How could you even call yourself a true husker fan.........did your feelings get hurt because YOUR choice or opinion was not considered? We are here to support the program both in good times and bad. Regardless of who is named HC next years team will be 110% better. So change your screen name and goodbye

Dillard and any other defensive player that doesn't want to bust their ass better leave. The days of half-pad walk throughs and water fights are over(bye-bye Coz). Those boys better roll up their sleeves and get ready to work. If you can't support this coach/AD you are truly not a fan of Husker football.

Yeah the boy's will get a lot bigger work out in practice now.