Whatever AR Husker Fan, I think the members of this board have every right to rip the hell out of this guy. I hope he never post's here again. It is very much like someone turning their backs on their family. The guy is a joke, and IMO was never a true Husker fan. The brotherhood of the Husker family will only grow stronger without his kind around.

Whatever AR Husker Fan, I think the members of this board have every right to rip the hell out of this guy. I hope he never post's here again. It is very much like someone turning their backs on their family. The guy is a joke, and IMO was never a true Husker fan. The brotherhood of the Husker family will only grow stronger without his kind around.

That's kind of a disappointing attitude :angry:

I think it is funny when one guy says he isn't going to support the Huskers because we hired Pelini he gets made fun of and his "fanness" gets questioned. However when people were saying they weren't going to support the team until Callahan and Staff were gone they were celebrated. Also people bolted when Pud fired Solich now they are probably coming back which if you ask me is lame.

I have my doubts about Pelini but it doesn't mean I'm not going to cheer for him. Also what happens if in 4 years we are still stuck where we are now will the wolves come out calling for their Idols head? Just wondering.

What I read is that people couldn't stand to watch them lose so needlessly-- I have no doubt that the same people will be cheesed of if Bo blows.

Thanks AR..

I won't get into the silly "True Fan" debate other than to say, "This Husker Fan will not turn his back on another Husker Fan (Past OR present).

If the above is true about Bo, I'm not that surprised..He probably is more apt to admit something like that where as most coaches would just think it.

As far as telling recruits we were on a downslide after Pederson took over, I'm not sure I didn't feel the same way at the time..I still couldn't help but root for us though...Shoot..I'd even root for us if Lou Holtz, or Switzer was our coach.

I think that part of the problem is representing what Bo did without being specific-- the "badmouthing" was saying that OU had more talent than NU at the time--- duh. I mean, really. That's not a revelation to anyone, and he had just taken a job at OU. He didn't need to talk about NU and I'm sure he learned a valuable lesson about lighting matches near bridges. At least the Nebraska-Bo Bridges were flame retardant.

(yes, i did that on purpose ;) )

Ridiculous, this post. All I have to say.

You guys are being way unfair to skersfan. As AR said - he's a good guy, he's been a good member of this board. Hang in there, and hopefully you'll be back with us soon.

No, they don't have that right. Read the Board rules - the link is at the top of the every page. Further - and I can't emphasize this enough - if I see anyone doing it, I'm going to permanently ban them. No warnings, no nothing. Bob never attacked anyone, he never wished ill on the Husker program - in fact, just the opposite. He was accommodating to the Board - hell, he threw the tailgate in LA for the USC game out of his own pocket.

If you or anyone else lacks the class to rise above juvenile name calling, I can assure you that those people won't be posting on HuskerBoard for every long.

No, they don't have that right. Read the Board rules - the link is at the top of the every page. Further - and I can't emphasize this enough - if I see anyone doing it, I'm going to permanently ban them. No warnings, no nothing. Bob never attacked anyone, he never wished ill on the Husker program - in fact, just the opposite. He was accommodating to the Board - hell, he threw the tailgate in LA for the USC game out of his own pocket.

If you or anyone else lacks the class to rise above juvenile name calling, I can assure you that those people won't be posting on HuskerBoard for every long.

This is what happens when you have a ton of new guys come in, like me, who don't know skers from Adam and a month after we first hear of the guy he says he's done being a fan. That's a pretty tough thing for Husker Lifers to hear, and when we don't know the guy because of our n00bness and we hear that, it's easy to misunderstand the guy and where he's coming from.

Just by way of clarification.

Carry on...

This is what happens when you have a ton of new guys come in, like me, who don't know skers from Adam and a month after we first hear of the guy he says he's done being a fan. That's a pretty tough thing for Husker Lifers to hear, and when we don't know the guy because of our n00bness and we hear that, it's easy to misunderstand the guy and where he's coming from.

Carry on...

guilty here as well...

Carry on...

Understood - and I agree. But folks need to remember a few things:

1. The board doesn't permit attacks against other members. He's still a member. So even if someone doesn't know the history, they aren't permitted to attack.

2. You point out something everyone should consider - if you attack someone you can be made to look pretty foolish when you don't know the history. Don't assume that a single post represents the total view of the person making it - every other post they made could convice you that they are actually good folk.

3. I've posted, in a number of threads, Bob's history and his dedication to the program. Short of pinning it - which should not be necessary due to the rules, anyway - there is ample, easily found information about him.

How could anyone support the Huskers for 63 years , and even support them through the Calliban era and then give up on them because Bo was hired? This seems very odd to me. I could understand if BC had retained his job , but to give up now seems strange to me. At least give Bo a chance!

How could anyone support the Huskers for 63 years , and even support them through the Calliban era and then give up on them because Bo was hired? This seems very odd to me. I could understand if BC had retained his job , but to give up now seems strange to me. At least give Bo a chance!

Doesn't matter - it's his decision and he has his reasons, which he's stated repeatedly. Let's just let it go.

He and I have had our disagreements. But I have no problem with him. This is however a democracy and he can think whatever he chooses to think, and do whatever he chooses to as long as it's legal. I don't have to agree with it and I don't, but I am choosing to do and think what I want to. So to each his own.

I guess that suprises me, that he wouldn't give Bo a chance. He was giving Callahan a chance, and lord knows Callahan doesn't have a perfect track record at Nebraska. You can stake stances on what happened in the year after he left year, but the man felt wronged by steve pederson and he wasn't going to take it lying down. I admire him for that. If he wants a testament as to how his players that played for him feel about him, he should check out the podcast today on 1620thezone.com. Demarrio Williams, Stever Sefranek and Ira Cooper. Good stuff.

Well, I think we've veered waaaaaaaaaay off topic anyway, and as I can see that someone could very easily lose control and say something that will get them banned, I think the best thing for everyone is to simply close the thread.

Again, I would hope everyone can simply let this die. He did what he thought he had to do, for reasons about which he felt very strongly. That's all that matters.