Bo Pelini's defensive rankings the last 4 years

I still want to see anyone wearing a Blackshirt earn it from this point. I don't want them just handed out to every starter on the defense. I think we will have our Blackshirts back...but the feeling of being earned needs to return with them.

I'm thinking that's how it's going to be. I mean, Bo P is the kind of coach that is going to make your WORK for things. He's said that in previous interviews.

He may not win every game...but f***...Huskers will never quit under Bo. That's all I ask. Play your ass off every minute, win or lose, and fans will respect that. Losses suck...but giving up and never having a shot in hell in the first place is unacceptable.

He may not win every game...but f***...Huskers will never quit under Bo. That's all I ask. Play your ass off every minute, win or lose, and fans will respect that. Losses suck...but giving up and never having a shot in hell in the first place is unacceptable.

Wil Mushamp's defenses you mean, Pelini was the DB coach/Co-coordinator in name only. The LSU fans were complaining that Pelini wasn't aggressive, not enough blitzing. Bo better do some big time recruiting because I don't see the Huskers getting the 4/5 star recruits that Les Miles was getting at LSU.

Wil Mushamp's defenses you mean, Pelini was the DB coach/Co-coordinator in name only. The LSU fans were complaining that Pelini wasn't aggressive, not enough blitzing. Bo better do some big time recruiting because I don't see the Huskers getting the 4/5 star recruits that Les Miles was getting at LSU.

No, I'm pretty sure he means BO PELINI'S defenses, considering the fact that BP was the Defensive Coordinator during that span.

You're seriously reaching in your effort to bash the man. It's funny to watch you try, though. I hope you keep it up. :thumbs

Look what he did his first year at NU-- he took a D that was, well, probably not as bad as Coz's and turned them around pretty quickly. Yeah, there were some bad losses (though KSU ripped OU apart that year, too, and probably deserved their earlier, pre-injuries #4 ranking when they played NU and OU), but the improvements were astounding. I'm not worried about the defense in the short term; he's shown that he can take a poor defense and make it workable in an amount of time that would be unfair to expect. What worries me (and only because there is no way to know the future) is the offense and the defense 4 or 5 years down the road (will it be dominating or on the high-end of "adequate?").