Bo Pelini's defensive rankings the last 4 years

I still want to see anyone wearing a Blackshirt earn it from this point. I don't want them just handed out to every starter on the defense. I think we will have our Blackshirts back...but the feeling of being earned needs to return with them.

He made it clear to the players in their pre-presser meeting that all the players are going to start with a clean slate and he didn't care how many stars you had when you were recruited. Something I think the fans have been wanting to see for quite a while now

I'm pretty sure he didn't produce those numbers with the present NU roster. ;)

No, but he produced the #11 defense in the nation with the guys from the 2003 roster, who finished 55th in the nation that year. The following year the same crew was #56.

So:

55 to 11 to 56.

That's most likely not a coincidence.

One thing I know and a few I've heard about Bo Pelini...

Fact:

In his five years of collegiate coaching, teams he has assisted on/coordinated and coached are 56-10.

Rumors that I have heard:

(Things that can't be confirmed but are probably true)

He has counted to infinity, twice

He doens't sleep, he only waits

The movie Jurassic Park was actually a true story, except when the dinosaurs got out of hand, the government just sent in Bo Pelini with a slingshot...it took him eight hours.

I still want to see anyone wearing a Blackshirt earn it from this point. I don't want them just handed out to every starter on the defense. I think we will have our Blackshirts back...but the feeling of being earned needs to return with them.

If I remember correctly, Pelini was big on, if you don't earn it you don't get it, if you get it, and don't earn it every week you'll lose it. I read it somewhere that this is what he did the year that he was here

If I remember correctly, Pelini was big on, if you don't earn it you don't get it, if you get it, and don't earn it every week you'll lose it. I read it somewhere that this is what he did the year that he was here

The year he was here, after the Missouri game when we got beat 41-24 Pelini took the Blackshirts away. The next Saturday, the defense forced EIGHT turnovers as we walloped Texas A&M.